A New Age has Dawned

Mirreille

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be all in favour of removing the GRL cap to make the in-game effects of a nuke war more like the globally devastating effects of a real nuke war.

Perhaps this will make the nuke a thing that is truly feared rather than a oversized cruise missile.

After all CN is a nation simulator so it needs to accurately simulate these things.

I agree completely. I've only been playing a year so the cap has always been on for me and it's certainly survivable with a healthy warchest. Nuclear wars on the scale we have have seen via the karma war should be devestating the nations of planet bob regardless of participation or not.

This will change a lot of aspects of the game, more then just strengthening the nuke arsenals but alliances will have to plan for the real decline of thier nations indirectly involved in war. The one thing that I was always curious about was the lack of impact GRL has on infrastrcuture. Perhaps that can be a tie in as well, if there is a massive nuke war and the GRL sky rockets it wouldnt be a stretch to impose some kind of decline on infra and tech on nations.

MPs have ruined the game ... we just have an ever increasing number of nuclear nations, and soon all wars will be nuclear, even in the lower tier, making anarchy irrelevant.

Exactly. Coordination and skill is much less important in a nuke war then in a conventional and MPs have "dumbed down" the game. Times when you had to have skill and coordination with your alliance mates to keep an enemy anarchied for 7+ days are long gone. Now anyone can do it.

At my rate of growth, I'll be armed with Nukes in a month or two. That's pretty bad for a nation that's 70 days old.

There is a solution to this nuclear problem we have and that's to uncap the GLR.

Seriously, how long would it take before alliances merge against alliances involved in a nuclear war when their nations start growing heavy bills because they can't produce any income?

Seriously, two things to fix this without having to remove the MP:

1. Uncap GRL.

2. Reset the game when GRL hits 50 like it did in the Karma War.

Done and done. If people are irresponsible enough to screw around like that and harm innocents, they should be able to screw the game up for everyone and be held responsible for the damage done in the new world. It's the only way to insure that people don't go over the top in abuse.

Edited by Roofus

1. Uncap GRL.

2. Reset the game when GRL hits 50 like it did in the Karma War.

This is not a solution, this is an incentive.

If people are irresponsible enough to screw around like that and harm innocents

Oh go on. 78.gif

Admin will never uncap GRL because in that case large scale war would lead to people leaving the game due to deletions. Players in the game are income for him and adding something that could easily throw half the world into bill lock is not something he'll willingly add.

It's a shame but it's the way it is.

Exactly. Coordination and skill is much less important in a nuke war then in a conventional and MPs have "dumbed down" the game. Times when you had to have skill and coordination with your alliance mates to keep an enemy anarchied for 7+ days are long gone. Now anyone can do it.

The point of coordination in this day and age is to do more damage in attacks. Anarchy is a fairly meaningless objective considering warchest size these days, but coordination is required to maximize attack effectiveness whether a war is nuclear or not. You might as well complain about modern warchest size dumbing down the game. I don't see TOP eschewing warchests or MPs though, so.... :psyduck:

Another simple solution that wouldn't involve mass deletions would be to simply raise upkeep to a level that it's prohibitive to all but the top 5-10% of nations and increase the time that it takes to build a nuclear weapon.

Essentially make it so that while you can buy an MP keeping more than a couple nukes in stock could cripple your economy. Extending the time it builds a nuke out to two or three days would strengthen the effect. That is 20% of people could still have nukes at some limited capacity but only the top 10% or so could really bring a devastating arsenal to bear.

From a realism standpoint, not that this game needs to be, building a nuke involves a lot of time compared to something like a tank. Enrichment, ultra-fine machining and the like.

Or just add an H-bomb to the game for the top 3-5% with devastating effects. That would certainly create some turnover at the top levels that people seem to be thirsting for.

There is a difference to having nukes in the game and supporting them in real life.

This is a game and in a game it doesn't matter what you have as long as it's just for fun and no real people get hurt.

My God people it's like the 70's again with all the anti-nuke protests! IT"S A GAME and I hope you know that.

As for the GRL, get used to it and adapt to it.

Nukes are a great strategy weapon to use at times, does that mean we have to use the all the time, no of coarse not!

Does it make it more fun to use the nukes, yes but that's only to the person using them ;)

I think that nukes should never be used on nations that doesn't have an AA or for nations under 8000 NS.

I'm surprised to see anyone was actually monitoring that particular statistic so closely. Maybe it's just me that doesn't find it at all interesting?

I actually agree, it's not all that interesting. :) I just noticed the number was getting closer and closer and I wondered if/when it would actually pass the SDI count. The last time I looked at the percentage, it was 15% of nations being nuclear armed. I am wondering where it will top at out, percent wise.

I think the MP may have added to strategy, the damage being done in the middle and even lower NS tiers has increased dramaticly, and the potential for guerilla nuclear warfare has greatly increased. Before the MP, all you had to do was knock your opponent out of the top 5% to eliminate his nuclear capability; those days are over.

I bet you wouldn't say that to a survivor of the nuclear attacks on Japan. The sentiments associated with nuclear weapons transcend the boundaries of real life, and yes, exist even in this game.

You got me all wrong.

Nukes in RL are immoral and unnecessary.

Nukes in this game are just toys to play with. The fact that we call it a nuke makes it immoral for most of you. If we call it "Cruise missile 2", everyone would be using this.

In this game... Well, anyone who has been nuked hasn't got a long-time trauma out of it. It just happens and we can all live with it. It takes about 20 days of collection for an average nation to recover from nuclear losses.

Don't take RL into this game. It is just wrong. CN =/= RL. Stop thinking otherwise.

In my opinion the Manhattan Project should just lower the 5% rule to 20% or something similar. That would prevent everybody from having nukes still.

Regardless this isn't the suggestion forum, and I'm a fan of nukes in the game.

In my opinion the Manhattan Project should just lower the 5% rule to 20% or something similar. That would prevent everybody from having nukes still.

Regardless this isn't the suggestion forum, and I'm a fan of nukes in the game.

I agree with not only this suggestion, but that nuclear proliferation is a good thing to have.

I still think that the anti-nuclear sentiments simply stem from GW II when the league outnumbered TI in nukes, and thus it was a public relations move to get the League to fight without the nuke advantage they held. It could be other things, though.

Edit: Clarification

Edited by WCaesarD