FIRE announcement

Regardless of the internal drama, which we in the NPO hope FIRE can get through safely, everyone is welcome to make use of our Red Square facilities for trades and tech dealing.

Never thought I'd say this but good luck Nintenderek and best wishes on rebuilding FIRE.

Edited by James Dahl

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Irony...Makes...Head...Asplode.

You're complaining about folks overthrowing their incompetent leaders to take their place, and you're doing so as a Sith, of all things?

Please just stop.

It is either irony that we hate dems coups or it is a misunderstanding on your part. I welcome coups, doesn't mean I have to support any old one. FIRE will be well rid of bawwwing "I'm going to leave if..!" Nintenderek.

That said, if the leadership asked him to resign and he refused, so be it. If the membership wills that it wants someone new at the helm, so be it.

As Ivan Moldavi said, "coups are legal as long as they are successful"

Edited by SpoiL

For lack of a better word, this concerns me.

I have respected Nintenderek for eons and have learned to take what he says as truth, the idea that a Red brother would refer to other communities that reside on our sphere as jokes does not sit well with us; especially considering previous discussions and negotiations with regard to a merge.

With that being said, Carter just made our decision for us; the Cross shall remain sovereign and independent, as it should be.

We look forward to working with the new government of FIRE in the spirit of Red unity and mutual respect.

Thank you.

For lack of a better word, this concerns me.

I have respected Nintenderek for eons and have learned to take what he says as truth, the idea that a Red brother would refer to other communities that reside on our sphere as jokes does not sit well with us; especially considering previous discussions and negotiations with regard to a merge.

With that being said, Carter just made our decision for us; the Cross shall remain sovereign and independent, as it should be.

We look forward to working with the new government of FIRE in the spirit of Red unity and mutual respect.

Thank you.

I too look forward to such things with you and wish you luck with your sovereignty.

It is either irony that we hate dems coups or it is a misunderstanding on your part. I welcome coups, doesn't mean I have to support any old one. FIRE will be well rid of bawwwing "I'm going to leave if..!" Nintenderek.

That said, if the leadership asked him to resign and he refused, so be it. If the membership wills that it wants someone new at the helm, so be it.

As Ivan Moldavi said, "coups are legal as long as they are successful"

That was explained in the OP, if memory serves. But not supporting and directly criticizing the act of a coup are two different things. Your post was the latter, and thus ironic.

That was explained in the OP, if memory serves. But not supporting and directly criticizing the act of a coup are two different things. Your post was the latter, and thus ironic.

Not that any of this is relevant to the topic, but..

Prove it.

-_-

Not that any of this is relevant to the topic, but..

Prove it.

-_-

So, with all this in light, the rest of the FIRE government have decided to throw a party. A certain type of party, the party being called a coup. Incitatus was unable to make it to this event due to other worldly issues, however once he comes back, he will become Fire Lord, as he is the current regent. Until then, I'm in charge. If you have any questions, please send me a message or query me on IRC.

As you can see, he makes a point of stating who was in fact, not around for the coup, but that they are involved regardless.

Irony...Makes...Head...Asplode.

You're complaining about folks overthrowing their incompetent leaders to take their place, and you're doing so as a Sith, of all things?

Please just stop.

Chron, Carter (from what I have seen of him) wasn't necessarily so much incompetent as disagreeable. I've never had respect for people who would bail if they didn't get their way in our alliance and I certainly don't have respect for Nintenderek's crowd who are the same types. In fact, some of this "new government" actually resigned before the coup and then returned. Yeah, that's definitely better leadership material than Carter ever was.

And I'll say whatever I please, thanks.

Chron, Carter (from what I have seen of him) wasn't necessarily so much incompetent as disagreeable. I've never had respect for people who would bail if they didn't get their way in our alliance and I certainly don't have respect for Nintenderek's crowd who are the same types. In fact, some of this "new government" actually resigned before the coup and then returned. Yeah, that's definitely better leadership material than Carter ever was.

And I'll say whatever I please, thanks.

And then there was the person that resigned for 8 hours, only to return and have their job given back by Carter.

And prerequisite of being decent leadership material is knowing when to not be an idiot, and thus drag your alliance's name through the dirt as a result of your own mistakes. Discipline and restraint, frankly speaking. And Carter showed neither.

Therefore he was not fit to lead. And Im not saying you can't speak, just that you need to be mindful of the repercussions of those statements...As well as the various ironies.

Good luck FIRE.

I never really did like Carter, he seemed to be merging every which way every few weeks. You can't keep an alliance stable that way. You need time for the new members to meet each other, otherwise you have a lot of people that don't know each other trying to live together under the same name. It just doesn't work.

Well, I don't know about the rest of that but there was one name on that gov list link that was pretty interesting to see on there. What was the date for when that was made?

Said "one name" doesn't even know why he's on that list. :P

Anyway, this thread was a real eye-opener, and it kinda left me scratching my head about Carter. I s'pose my Aspie naïveté (OOC: both IC and OOC :ph34r: ) left me open to that, eh?

Also, for the record, we will NOT be ZIing Carter for this (as it seems, he wasn't completely assassinated) , however we will be doing a ghost hunt in the near future, and he may be part of that hunt if he doesn't change his AA.

Edited by Nintenderek

So, I may have missed it, but where is TimLee in all this?

He has rejoined FIRE and will be helping through the changes. While he will not have the Fire Lord Position since Incitius (sp?) will, he was welcome back with open arms. If he will receive a new government position is yet unknown, however since he knows the most about FIRE and it's past and the people in it, I will be giving him an admin spot on our temp forums once he signs up, to help move things along.

I had to go to sleep earlier then usual due to me getting my wisdom teeth pulled out this morning and I'm sorry that Carter had to go through this, but it was necessary. I wish good luck to him wherever he goes.

FIRE will prosper and we will grow, our new adventure begins.

As I was the person who actually wrote up the red unity treaty, I feel compelled to make a few statements here:

- I never proposed a mutual defence clause.

- The treaty was essentially a PIAT, with a few additional clauses regarding senators and other stuff specific to red unity. Every PIAT has an intelligence clause, therefore I added it in with the rest, to further a spirit of co-operation. However, it was not particularly strongly worded, especially when I watered it down to suit FIRE's tastes (no pun intended. :P)

- FIRE was an alliance with a large number of ex-Voxians and people who had only joined because it was a red alliance, which at the time was a big deal because of the Moldavi Doctrine. A mutual defence clause would never have worked. However, I thought we could see red unity happen, I was a major supporter of red unity, just like I was a major supporter of blue unity back when I was MCXA's MoFA. Call me a romantic, if you will.

As I was the person who actually wrote up the red unity treaty, I feel compelled to make a few statements here:

- I never proposed a mutual defence clause.

- The treaty was essentially a PIAT, with a few additional clauses regarding senators and other stuff specific to red unity. Every PIAT has an intelligence clause, therefore I added it in with the rest, to further a spirit of co-operation. However, it was not particularly strongly worded, especially when I watered it down to suit FIRE's tastes (no pun intended. :P)

- FIRE was an alliance with a large number of ex-Voxians and people who had only joined because it was a red alliance, which at the time was a big deal because of the Moldavi Doctrine. A mutual defence clause would never have worked. However, I thought we could see red unity happen, I was a major supporter of red unity, just like I was a major supporter of blue unity back when I was MCXA's MoFA. Call me a romantic, if you will.

You never proposed a mutual defense clause, however Carter did later in the topic.