Official Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

Official Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

Regarding Non-Aggression Pacts

topflagnt2.png

Having consulted with the applicable alliances, The Order of the Paradox hereby dissolves all of the non-aggression pacts we currently hold. The treaties in question concern the following alliances (I will reiterate that these are all of our non-aggression pact partners):

• OPA
  • MHA
  • ODN
  • IRON
  • NPO

Note that this is an impersonal action and is not whatsoever intended as a means by which to make any sort of political statement toward any of the above alliances---indeed, we have MDP-level treaties with MHA and IRON in addition to the aforementioned NAPs. Rather, it is merely symbolic of our belief that non-aggression pacts are of extremely limited utility in this day and age in the Cyberverse, and of our desire to proverbially clean the books of unnecessary treaties. Indeed, our foreign affairs policy has long since been against the signing of NAPs.

TOPpatriot.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hate again NAPs? They are a good way of starting a friendship. Unless of course, they are really old and nothing has came up them since they were signed. I would understand then. However, an NAP is a good starting block for something more.

Edited by Nintenderek

Why the hate again NAPs? They are a good way of starting a friendship. Unless of course, they are really old and nothing has came up them since they were signed. I would understand then. However, an NAP is a good starting block for something more.

Most people start with a PIAT these days.

Good move, TOP. :)

I wouldn't call it hate; generally speaking I've rarely see NAPs signed by alliances in CN in recent times. The most commonly signed treaties usually contain non-aggression clauses anyway (e.g. MDPs, MDoAPs, ODPs).

I tend to see ODPs (or PIATs as Drakedeath pointed out) being used in the place of NAPs now for starting off friendships as they are not totally binding, but they also express a strengthening level of agreeability between two alliances.

o/ Streamlining

Edited by General Witz

Good move, NAP treaties are pretty worthless in this day and age.

How so? They have as much worth as any other treaty: that is, they have as much value as the signatories ascribe to them. Nor are they useless -- indeed, their use is right in their name.

Basically NAPs have simply been replaced by the Treaty of Amity / Friendship Pact / PIAT which all (I think?) have non-aggression clauses as well as optional defence clauses within. I think that's a bad thing, to be honest, as it cements the idea that you have to have a treaty to activate in order to declare war in defence of another alliance, or at all.

Anyway, whatever...

That's their new plan. They're going to betray Gre by first betraying MHA.

Dastardly...

That pretty sneaky I must admit. We learned it all from the NPO, always start a major conflict over a secondary alliance then when the time is right, hit your intended target.

Wait a second. MHA bigger then Gremlins? Damnit! Lets go back to the drawing boards guys, and remember this time secondary alliance meaning smaller and less connected to the cluster %$@ that is the MDP web.

How so? They have as much worth as any other treaty: that is, they have as much value as the signatories ascribe to them. Nor are they useless -- indeed, their use is right in their name.

Basically NAPs have simply been replaced by the Treaty of Amity / Friendship Pact / PIAT which all (I think?) have non-aggression clauses as well as optional defence clauses within. I think that's a bad thing, to be honest, as it cements the idea that you have to have a treaty to activate in order to declare war in defence of another alliance, or at all.

Anyway, whatever...

People usually sign them and just don't live up to their ODPs at all, so it really doesn't matter.