Ultimatum to Sparta

We're not talking about the attacks. I was hoping for counter-attacks. This is now about the completely unnecessary sanction upon my nation. It cannot be allowed to stand.

ooc: Why dont you just play TE, and go to "none" if this is what you wanted to do?

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the 5 (normal) trading partners with RV in on the joke?

I doubt they were informed. If they were, then no harm will have been done. But an unexpected sanction, a loss of their trade, without their consent, I cannot and will not stand for.

ooc: Why dont you just play TE, and go to "none" if this is what you wanted to do?

OOC: No lasting consequences. Politically, in public image, or in reputation. So boring that is.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

May we see? Until it's shown then there's no evidence for this claim. I can easily send an aid package to someone claiming it's from NPO, or if I was a senator, sanction someone in the name of a certain alliance.

Sure, although my confirmation comes from magicalbricks, not Sparta:

To: Electron Sponge From: magicalbricks Date: 6/5/2009 2:27:56 PM

Subject: RE: Rebel Virginia sanction

Message: I gave more than enough opportunity for RV to explain himself and to give an explanation and reason for me not to sanction him, his response what just one thing "Boredom.". I received a justified request for a sanction from the Leader of Sparta, if RV ceases his rogue action, I will remove the sanction, if he had bothered to explain the situation at all, the sanction would never have been placed to begin with, he has no one to blame but his own arrogance.

I will discuss this issue with others, but I feel my actions were more than justified.

Regards,

Magicalbricks.

I've of course argued that since Sparta attacked him first he can't possibly be considered a rogue.

I doubt they were informed. If they were, then no harm will have been done. But an unexpected sanction, a loss of their trade, without their consent, I cannot and will not stand for.

OOC: No lasting consequences. Politically, in public image, or in reputation. So boring that is.

Yeah you have uranium and aluminum.. Alum is a huge boost to military efficiency and uranium drastically reduces nuke upkeep cost. If your trade partners were large and in wars, the sanction on you really inconvenienced them.

<snip>

"This is no situation to be joking about, this is just really careless on your behalf, (insert alliance name here) is completely in their right to do this to you"

You want to know why I'll get that response? Because I'm not as important/well known as RV, that's the only reason any of you give a damn.

Also, has there been any official confirmation from Spartan Govt. that they ordered that sanction? Point me in the direction of a govt. member whom has the authority to do so saying; "We [sparta] requested that sanction"

I did think this was funny earlier, but both parties have blown this right out of the water.

I care because this is happening on the sphere I call home, and have called home for 2 years. Disruptions like this mean that my members, and members of other blue team alliances that I'm probably friendly with or treatied to, are losing trades needlessly.

I care because sanctioning a 4k NS is overkill any way you slice it.

I care because I do consider RV a friend, although one I am slack about keeping in touch with.

And yes, I do believe our very own Mr. Handsome has provided proof that Sparta gov requested this.

I would like to publically state for the record.

Whilst MagicalBricks is a member of the MHA, we have had no part in this sanction and we wont interfere. MagicalBricks is a senator on the Blue Team. Whilst as an alliance we are aqua we do not enforce restrictions upon our members. MagicalBricks can use his senate powers as he so wishes when requested to do so as would any senator.

Anybody seeing this as an MHA act is being absolutly rediculous and just trying to stir up trouble and be plain stupid.

That is all.

Regards,

ScutterBug

Minister of Hitchhikers, MHA

I guess I find it hard to sympathize someone who intentionally goes out of his way to provoke a fight ;)

Plenty of fail on both sides here if you get what I mean.

I've of course argued that since Sparta attacked him first he can't possibly be considered a rogue.

Thanks for that, sheds a bit more light on the situation. Still, I will await a statement from a Spartan Official themselves(that is if they make one). I'm not saying this is completely unbelieveable, but I prefer (and I'm sure others do also) to hear things directly from the horses mouth, so to speak.

But thank you for posting that info.

Whilst MagicalBricks is a member of the MHA, we have had no part in this sanction and we wont interfere. MagicalBricks is a senator on the Blue Team. Whilst as an alliance we are aqua we do not enforce restrictions upon our members. MagicalBricks can use his senate powers as he so wishes when requested to do so as would any senator.

Anybody seeing this as an MHA act is being absolutly rediculous and just trying to stir up trouble and be plain stupid.

That is all.

Regards,

ScutterBug

Thank you for that clarification. I was planning to come visit you guys this evening to respectfully ask if you had any input on MB's use of senator privileges.

I had no idea he was investigating a sanction. Had he mentioned that fact I would have enlightened him to entirety of the situation. His lack of including that critical piece of information required me to simply assume he was just another adoring fan, and so I treated him to my trademark wit and charm. The communication failure on his part I cannot be faulted for.

That is all.

Regards,

ScutterBug

Then call me a trouble maker and plain stupid. He is under your AA therefore the transaction made on RV was within your alliance. Saying this is an independent act while under the tag of "Mostly Harmless Alliance" is not in the spirit of what an alliance is at all. Take responsibility for your members actions, although MHA didn't request this to be done they still condone it by not doing anything and allowing MagicalBricks to act independentally.

Edited by The AUT

That is all.

Regards,

ScutterBug

Well you could do the right thing instead of the easy one and have your man move to aqua where he belongs. It's crap that he's sitting there with votes gained as a member of a blue team alliance while accountable to no one since apparently MHA won't hold him accountable for his actions.

I had no idea he was investigating a sanction. Had he mentioned that fact I would have enlightened him to entirety of the situation. His lack of including that critical piece of information required me to simply assume he was just another adoring fan, and so I treated him to my trademark wit and charm. The communication failure on his part I cannot be faulted for.

From what Sponge quoted, that doesn't sound anywhere close to the truth.

Thanks for that, sheds a bit more light on the situation. Still, I will await a statement from a Spartan Official themselves(that is if they make one). I'm not saying this is completely unbelieveable, but I prefer (and I'm sure others do also) to hear things directly from the horses mouth, so to speak.

The primary responsibility for the sanction should go to Magicalbricks in any case, as he is the senator who ordered the sanction. If someone comes knocking with !@#$%^&* reasons for a sanction, it's always within the senator's purview to tell them to $%&@ off. Otherwise, well, the senator's the one who ordered the sanction.

I agree with this man far too often as of late, it seems. RV is not a rogue, he's an NPO ghost.

From what Sponge quoted, that doesn't sound anywhere close to the truth.

Here's the message he sent me. He was curious, so I answered honestly and quickly. I will not lie, boredom is the reason I fought back, but it does not change the fact I was attacked first.

To: Pope Bubba XIII From: magicalbricks Date: 6/5/2009 11:16:00 AM

Subject: hello

Magicalbricks.

That is all.

Regards,

ScutterBug

You know, this sort of thing really isn't helping our team's image in the least. Aqua is supposed to be better than this.

I flew that affiliation for a mere moment while I was unaligned, in order to ensure that my nation would remain safe from attacks while the League was still in its formative stages. I wished only to exist in peace, but Sparta has denied me peace. This crime must be righted, and I shall not rest until justice is delivered.

For me this post says it all, you changed your AA to an alliance who is at war with SEVEN other alliances, because you wanted your nation to be safe, now complain about been attacked.