Small Analysis of Pacificans in Peace Mode

While browsing Pacifica's nation rankings, all I saw was peace mode, after peace mode. Here are a few statistics I managed to scrap together:

-The NPO's top 53 nations are in peace mode

-Those 53 nations are equal to a little less than 3,000,000 of the NPO's 7,112,345 NS

-Of the top 100 NPO nations, 77 are in peace mode

-These 77 nations consist of over half of Pacifica's strength, possessing over 3,500,000 NS

-The NPO has a total of 264 nations in peace mode

From these statistics, I begin to wonder if the NPO is really suffering that much anymore. Although most of its smaller nations are at war, all of its large nations have turned into reconstruction banks. In fact, it may be possible that the NPO has reached a point at which it has enough of its strength in peace mode, that it is bringing in more finances than it is losing. Hundreds of Pacificans are still suffering greatly from the war, but those suffering from the war don't even come close to accounting for 50, even 40 percent, of the NPO's strength.

Considering all of this, KARMA, what's the point of fighting anymore? If your goal is to destroy the NPO, you've about hit the limit, unless you can find a way to get some of them out of peace mode. Assuming that isn't your goal; get on with the terms.

Thank you.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NPO is losing about 5 nations a day. If this keeps up indefinitely those 264 nations are going to be all that remains of the NPO, and they will be a (relatively) high NS alliance with small numbers.

I do not think for a minute that this will actually happen, but there must be some satisfaction for Karma in making the NPO bleed members.

Also the average of .5 points NPO is losing each day discredits your entire hypothesis.

Considering all of this, KARMA, what's the point of fighting anymore? If your goal is to destroy the NPO, you've about hit the limit, unless you can find a way to get some of them out of peace mode. Assuming that isn't your goal; get on with the terms.

Thank you.

Nuke em from space, it's the only way to be sure.....

I did a study like this just a week or so back, and I agree with you, NPO probably doesn't have much to lose, but a lot to gain when those nations in peace mode. However, FAN wasn't given peace when all of there nations came out of peace mode, so we will see.

The group of alliances fighting the Pacific could always offer false peace terms just for the means of getting the upper tiers out of peace mode. I'm sure a move like that would be controversial, but ultimately, I'd be indifferent toward it. ;)

Edit: Or, for the sake of some semblance of honor in warfare, they could provide peace terms without any protection, allowing the Pacific to defend itself, allowing another coaltion of alliances to finish them off.

Edited by JustinCox

Getting NPO to accept surrender terms. Otherwise, sure they can last a little like FAN did, but that 700+ members will begin shrinking.

NPO will never put these nations out of peace mode so Karma can get at them. Likewise, I don't think NPO will accept the heavy-handed terms that Karma should rightfully demand. If you take those two things into account, I'd say we have a situation where NPO will remain in peace mode stasis waiting for Karma to eat itself from within. Considering that friction within Karma has already bubbled up, we might be playing right into this strategy for the NPO.

This is all musing on my part as I have no idea what NPO plans or exactly what Karma will ask for in terms of peace negotiations.

In all honesty, I would hazard to guess that some of those nations are on active deployment and such (such being tech schools, over in Iraq/Afghan, etc....and including a reserve wave of aid shots and such things as helping each other rebuild).

Yes...I know about the whole "No Peace until the Peace-mode nations come out and fight" thing NPO did a bit back. And yes, I believed it to be ill-advised then. Just as I think it would believe it to be ill-advised by others, now.

Well, a bunch of them (about 40 I think) just came out. Not quite sure where the newly warring Pacificans are in the NS distribution yet tho.

I think they're mostly in the low range. I'm about 50k and there's no one in my range who's out of peace mode.

While browsing Pacifica's nation rankings, all I saw was peace mode, after peace mode. Here are a few statistics I managed to scrap together:

-The NPO's top 53 nations are in peace mode

-Those 53 nations are equal to a little less than 3,000,000 of the NPO's 7,112,345 NS

-Of the top 100 NPO nations, 77 are in peace mode

-These 77 nations consist of over half of Pacifica's strength, possessing over 3,500,000 NS

-The NPO has a total of 264 nations in peace mode

From these statistics, I begin to wonder if the NPO is really suffering that much anymore. Although most of its smaller nations are at war, all of its large nations have turned into reconstruction banks. In fact, it may be possible that the NPO has reached a point at which it has enough of its strength in peace mode, that it is bringing in more finances than it is losing. Hundreds of Pacificans are still suffering greatly from the war, but those suffering from the war don't even come close to accounting for 50, even 40 percent, of the NPO's strength.

Thank you.

You forgot to mention that this 3.5m was originally out of what 20m+ Total NS? Due to war the ratio has changed. NPO has lost the most or 2nd most NS in the history of the game.

Well, a bunch of them (about 40 I think) just came out. Not quite sure where the newly warring Pacificans are in the NS distribution yet tho.

The higher NS ones (30k's) in their little blitz on RoK have been taken care of already according to war screen.

You forgot to mention that this 3.5m was originally out of what 20m+ Total NS? Due to war the ratio has changed. NPO has lost the most or 2nd most NS in the history of the game.

Such are the dangers of declaring an offensive war in the middle of negotiations. They aren't the victim here. <_<

NPO will never put these nations out of peace mode so Karma can get at them. Likewise, I don't think NPO will accept the heavy-handed terms that Karma should rightfully demand. If you take those two things into account, I'd say we have a situation where NPO will remain in peace mode stasis waiting for Karma to eat itself from within. Considering that friction within Karma has already bubbled up, we might be playing right into this strategy for the NPO.

Within Karma, perhaps. But not amongst those alliances on the Pacific front. Our resolve has never been stronger.

I don't think the world will remain politically unified enough to contain the NPO as FAN was for an extended period of time.

With all due respect, you're wrong.

I don't forsee Complaints and Grievances falling apart any time soon, if ever, and they are more than capable of keeping NPO in a state of permanent war on their own, with NPO as it presently is. They're also capable of single-handedly preventing NPO from gaining any strength.

And that's just one lot of alliances that are at war with Pacifica.

I'm sure the same would stand for the Superfriends, for example.

Edited by Arrnea

The group of alliances fighting the Pacific could always offer false peace terms just for the means of getting the upper tiers out of peace mode. I'm sure a move like that would be controversial, but ultimately, I'd be indifferent toward it. ;)

Edit: Or, for the sake of some semblance of honor in warfare, they could provide peace terms without any protection, allowing the Pacific to defend itself, allowing another coaltion of alliances to finish them off.

Absolutely not. If I sign peace terms with the NPO I will honor those terms. I will not become what I am fighting in order to win.

It should also be noted that practically all of the leadership (the high-profile ones anyway like Trotsky and Bakunin) are in war.

That said, the point of the OP is really moot as the daily fall in NPO NS has been constant so far. The handful of nations that came out of peace mode recently ensures that there won't be much change in that index.

Your analysis is horribly skewed. Looking at NPO nations in peace mode NOW yields the results and conclusion that you have drawn. Of course most of the NPO nations in peace mode are in the top 100 NOW, after over a month of fighting. To do a proper analysis, you would have to determine what nations were in peace mode at the start in terms of relative NS to overall NS. And why would you do that?

No good reason that I can see. NPO nations are in peace mode. So what? NPO doesn't have to pull them out, and Karma doesn't have to like that they're in peace mode. But ultimately, I am certain that those nations will come out of peace mode...wait for it...when and if NPO wants them to come out.

VI

Within Karma, perhaps. But not amongst those alliances on the Pacific front. Our resolve has never been stronger.

QFT

Fighting NPO really makes people bond

No good reason that I can see. NPO nations are in peace mode. So what? NPO doesn't have to pull them out, and Karma doesn't have to like that they're in peace mode. But ultimately, I am certain that those nations will come out of peace mode...wait for it...when and if NPO wants them to come out.

Then karma will give NPO peace when and if they want. NPO dosent have to like it but they will not be getting any peace with those nations in peace mode

Edited by steodonn