Sileath and NSO

Sileath

I would hate to see relations between NSO and Athens sour any further, the actions of a single member of either alliance shouldn't dictate such a move.

As a previous member of NSO I still hold respect for you as an alliance and hope you return the same for Athens in return.

I can't speak for NSO on this, I can however speak for myself and comment on those I know, If this war with Hydro is going to escalate over a joke Hydro thought he was playing on a friend I can't see how respect can be held, in fact from where I sit it looks to me like Athens has zero respect for NSO.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why you felt this thread was a good idea, but I would have to voice my doubts that anyone will be convinced by this argument. I also do not appreciate the unkind words towards tLC and my friend Random. I will leave my response at that.

Alright this is getting ridiculous. There is respect on both sides of the issue or this issue wouldn't be getting resolved like it has been. Sileath was in the wrong with this whole thread and trying to get out of the contract. Hydro was wrong in starting the war and assuming Sileath would take it as a joke. In my opinion, as long as Sileath follows through on his contract, I'll be fine with how this played out. No hurt feelings towards Athens.

Athens has been respectful this whole thread, we don't need to start hurling insults at Athens, that's being childish.

Edited by ConeBone69

The Athenian military? Seriously? :lol1:

There were no attacks conducted upon Sileath. Although, it was a mistake, Hydro is a newer nation to Bob, and did not realize the full effects of something like this. No attacks were launched however, and it was Sileath who escalated.

Sileath is just using this as an attempt to weasel out of his contract, and to start more drama. It is a pretty lame thing to do.

We all know Sileath didn't take this seriously, but he is just a egomaniacal opportunist.

You might want to try asking NPO or GGA if you really think our military is a joke. Or the 40+ people we had on IRC at update when we blitzed NPO back in April. Or our blitz rate compared to other AAs in said blitz (someone actually did the statistics). I'm also noting and laughing at the fact that while you are :lol1: at us, Athens has more Manhattan Projects and Foreign Airforce Bases than your alliance, despite only having a bit more than half the membership numbers and consisting mostly of younger nations that have been brutally curbstomped/ZIed in the past. You want to :lol1: at us you might as well be :lol1: at yourself as well.

That said Sileath will be repaying the balance of what he received from NSO's aid program. As someone who has run his own alliance nationbuilding program, I don't take defaulting on contracts as a joke, and we will be working with Sileath and NSO to ensure that the ~30 million that Sileath owes is repaid.

That said Sileath will be repaying the balance of what he received from NSO's aid program. As someone who has run his own alliance nationbuilding program, I don't take defaulting on contracts as a joke, and we will be working with Sileath and NSO to ensure that the ~30 million that Sileath owes is repaid.

Thank you for that.

You might want to try asking NPO or GGA if you really think our military is a joke. Or the 40+ people we had on IRC at update when we blitzed NPO back in April. Or our blitz rate compared to other AAs in said blitz (someone actually did the statistics). I'm also noting and laughing at the fact that while you are :lol1: at us, Athens has more Manhattan Projects and Foreign Airforce Bases than your alliance, despite only having a bit more than half the membership numbers and consisting mostly of younger nations that have been brutally curbstomped/ZIed in the past. You want to :lol1: at us you might as well be :lol1: at yourself as well.

I'm pretty sure you don't want to take this in that direction. We've been pretty accomodating so far, I wouldn't push things.

There will be no peace given. One round of wars from Athens for hyrdro and no reparations for Sileath from NSO. This is what was agreed upon, and that is how this issue will end.

@Seerow

Please, don't. We will defend him if necessary. I for one, don't want to see relations between Athens and NSO start to disintegrate over this one issue.

I'd direct you to Londo's post after yours, but I'm sure you were just misinformed at the time you made this statement.

Regardless I'm glad that this issue can now basically be considered over and we never have to deal with sileath again.

I'm sure that my alliance mates will agree when I express my appreciation of your effort to take responsibility for Sileath and make sure his debts are repaid though if I were you I'd save myself the money (present and future) and PR, and just kick him out.

Ignoring the fact that we are only 3 months old, you are right. You guys are mighty and we suck completely.

However, I would like to thank you in your understanding of the contract Sileath agreed to.

Edited by youwish959

I'm pretty sure you don't want to take this in that direction. We've been pretty accomodating so far, I wouldn't push things.

I wasn't the one to start things. When my alliance is mocked I will defend it, every time.

Ignoring the fact that we are only 3 months old, you are right. You guys are mighty and we suck completely.

I never said that you sucked. NSO undoubtedly enjoys high activity levels and would perform very well in any war. You were the one to kick things off by laughing at my alliance. While it's certainly your right to do so, I was simply using some statistics to show that we don't deserve to be laughed at. I never said you did either, nor would I mock the military of an obviously militarily competent alliance.

However, I would like to thank you in your understanding of the contract Sileath agreed to.

I think a couple points are being missed, or misunderstood. When I read Youwish's 1st statement about the Athenian military, I took it as a laugh at the fact that such a small incident would even begin to necessitate the threat of a military response. Other viewed it as a disparaging jab against the Athenian military. One of the 2 are correct, only Youwish knows for sure which is. I can see how it could be interpreted both ways, and responses thereafter reflect that. Im glad we can all move on from this. I have friends within NSO, and have a decent amount of respect for their alliance. We need not bicker over things.

Hey guys, why don't we argue over mistakes made by members of each alliance. Or maybe we could hurl insults at Athens while they're trying to be respectful. That always works.

EDIT: Extra comma

Edited by Rey the Great

Assuming that hydro doesn't seriously attack sileath, in a way, he'd be doing sileath a slight favor by filling up one of his defensive slots for him. Sure, the NPO probably won't counter attack against sileath, but I suppose there's a slight chance of it.

That said, this has all become quite absurd.

Hey look, someone's overcompensating!

Once you realize that no one cares how big your e-peen is, the better we'll all be.

Hydro has been offered peace, and I have asked Athens not to become militarily involved.

I believe the debt owed is around $30 million. It will be paid, with a little help from my friends, once Athens is no longer in a state of war.

Athens: Your handling of these reminds me why I joined :awesome:

Edited by Sileath

Hydro has been offered peace, and I have asked Athens not to become militarily involved.

I believe the debt owed is around $30 million. It will be paid, with a little help from my friends, once Athens is no longer in a state of war.

New Sith Order: This thread was a mistake in that there is no getting over the relationship we have. There is no closure, no way to forget the cultural diffusion that took place. There is some NSO in me and some Sileath in all of you. We will meet again, NSO, either at the negotiation table or the battlefield. Either way, I look forward to it.

Athens: Your handling of these reminds me why I joined awesome.gif

This is Planet Bob, and only the strong survive. There are also the occasional $@roaches with e-peen envy like RandomInterrupt, who attach themselves to great leaders like Ivan and Sponge in order to appear relevant and try to hide their leeching ways through "wit," though it's no match for the cool debonair of the Archon Eponymous of Athens, Londo Mollari.

Where's mhawk? This thread needs more hard six.

It's clearly a fault of mine to seek out alliances run by great individuals, yes. Instead I should seek out pathetic alliances ruled by fools with no idea how to run a canoe let alone an alliance. I don't think your attempt at an insult worked as you intended in one way. Clearly you intended this post to insult me though. So while I am not really insulted you did want a response and so you will get one. You are a bottom feeder and I will treat you as such. You have done a great disservice to yourself and your alliance on this day, and one day I will come to collect.

Enjoy!

edit: Bolded what I originally replied to and added the rest of the post that somehow disappeared. It must have gotten lost somehow. Your welcome.

Edited by RandomInterrupt

It's clearly a fault of mine to seek out alliances run by great individuals, yes. Instead I should seek out pathetic alliances ruled by fools with no idea how to run a canoe let alone an alliance. I don't think your attempt at an insult worked as you intended in one way. Clearly you intended this post to insult me though. So while I am not really insulted you did want a response and so you will get one. You are a bottom feeder and I will treat you as such. You have done a great disservice to yourself and your alliance on this day, and one day I will come to collect.

Enjoy!

edit: Bolded what I originally replied to and added the rest of the post that somehow disappeared. It must have gotten lost somehow. Your welcome.

Oooooooh, looks likes Sileath wasn't fast enough on that one.

Enjoy!

The last time you threatened an alliance out of arrogance, it didn't turn out so well for you. I would advise you to consider your words and actions very carefully.

That said, I feel that what Sileath said to you was inappropriate and out of line and he has already edited it out in any case.

The last time you threatened an alliance out of arrogance, it didn't turn out so well for you. I would advise you to consider your words and actions very carefully.

When was this? The only time I have personally threatened alliances they turned up dead and I didn't. Please tell me which time turned out poorly for me.

Sileath wanted to provoke me and he was successful. If you want to blame anyone for this, I'd start with the guy who made this topic and then managed to provoke and insult the leader of another alliance which previously had no issue with your alliance at all.

Edited by RandomInterrupt

That said, I feel that what Sileath said to you was inappropriate and out of line and he has already edited it out in any case.

I think I can claim to be somewhat neutral in this and to me it looks like sileath is the one issuing the threats here.

There is an old Nordreich saying with regard to matters like this: Is 'thread' vindico. (Sorry, I can't think of a decent Latin equivalent for the word 'thread'. Also, as has been pointed out by many in my alliance, my Latin is beyond terrible.)

That being said, as the leader of an alliance only a couple of (treaty) steps removed from the NSO and its allies, I shall continue to watch events closely.

Edited by kingzog