Everyones coming back

Shifty Stranger

Back from the dead  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I predict Mogar will bring back CDS.

I'm happy where I am, that's not to say I don't still have that dream, but I don't think I could handle losing it again if I did try, I know I could get support and a protectorate deal, but I'm not sure I'd get as much support from ex CDS members as I'd like for it to be what I'd want.

Edited by Mogar

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Owned-You to an extent. It seems hypocritical because I genuinely support the reformation of Nordreich and I would support the reformation of any alliance that has something original to contribute, and only by real former members of said alliances.

Alliances like the CIS or IAA which had no really original cultures of ideas really should stay dead because there are enough generic alliances like those already.

What original thing does NoR bring that IAA or CIS does not?

I voted for

If you just did what I thought you did, I love you.

There seems to be only 1 LUEnited nation, and no NAAC nations. :ph34r:

Their new incarnations are from a time when they couldn't safely return under the same banners but they are among us today and they are not great.

Joracy, perhaps it is my own bias but Nordreich's theme just seems more original than the theme of CIS or IAA which are both fairly generic.

Yeah, Nordreich's identity and 'brand' lead to all those fun ideology wars with the commies (and FAN's mega update charge of death). Although i don't like them much personally.

I don't really know what CIS or IAA represent or signify, really. But good luck to them anyway!

Edited by jonny cardboard

Nothing wrong with /b/ but I doubt they'd want to reform and it wouldn't be the same anymore since there wouldn't be a second rush to CN from the chans as there was the first time.

4channers and 7channers have a short enough memory and high enough turnover that I think it could work again unless the threads got trolled to death or deleted by mods.

As a former /b/tard, though, I'm not sure many of the old guard would care to unearth a dead alliance like that.

4channers and 7channers have a short enough memory and high enough turnover that I think it could work again unless the threads got trolled to death or deleted by mods.

As a former /b/tard, though, I'm not sure many of the old guard would care to unearth a dead alliance like that.

Pretty much this. I don't think many of the /b/ leadership - namely furseiseki - even plays this game any more. Maybe some new leadership would arise out of one of the chans, but it wouldn't be the same without the support of /i/.

I agree with this completely, let's see some originality CN.

Says the man with undead under his name. <_<

I'm on to you! I see your reverse psychology... :P

But in all seriousness, I see nothing wrong with resurrecting an old alliance if there is a significant, original member base.

Alliances like the CIS or IAA which had no really original cultures of ideas really should stay dead because there are enough generic alliances like those already.

I'm sure it's really easy to say that an alliance you've never been in is unoriginal and generic. But who are we to say that about a community we've never been a part of? IAA and CIS may look generic to you, but I'm sure their members beg to differ. I've been a member of IAA's community in another game, and I'll be the first to tell you that they're anything but generic. I'm sure CIS members feel the same about their alliance.

-Bama

But in all seriousness, I see nothing wrong with resurrecting an old alliance if there is a significant, original member base.

Some of the original member base is important. Though, if someone resurrects an alliance in the same spirit as the original, I think that is ok as well. Look at the new GOONS for instance. Not really the same people, same leaders. But, they have the same spirit and this creates a lot of start-up prestige for them.

Using an already famous alliance name will do wonders in helping grow the member base and public knowledge of a new alliance.

I hope Gen[m]ay comes back too >.>

I was under the impression Umbrella is like Gen[m]ay 2.0, but better.

Also, dead alliances coming back isn't that bad of a concept. Just make sure its for the right reasons, and don't come back allied to the same people that betrayed you or buried you in the first place.