IRON Surrenders

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It pleases to see two allies I hold dear, and aqua neighbours do this. Thank you.

... I love you FARK. o/ Beer. btw, MCRABT. If you would like to sample some beer I'll have bottled with my own fair hands, then come find me. It's award winning. (See link in sig)

Nom Nom I'm sure I can order a couple of bottles my way.

I applaud Ragnarok's ability to not fold to the foreign pressure that everyone needs to be giving white peace. To me it looks like RoK took what they rightfully won, that's not very much at all. If all warring alliances took their share as they did, it would have been fair. I consider this lenient, but I would think IRON is deserving enough, given how many hold them in high regard.

Took what is rightfully won? Erm no IRON's cash is rightfully no ones but IRON's. RoK took what they could based on their ability to demand it. Only that won directly in battle is won rightfully everything else is gained from some form of extortion based on your political ability to make demands and the ability of the losing alliance to pay. In this case I don't think that balance is to disproportionate but don't mistake IRON's cash and tech as rightfully anyone's but hers.

Hmmm, can anybody find out how much they made in total money(And 3mil/100 tech) and compare it to MK/Polar/ETC? See how much larger this is in terms of straight money.

I don't think either are relevant to IRON considering we had absolute no role in the terms issued to either. In fact we stated at the time the reps for Polar were harsh. IRON waived all reparations from the alliances we fought in the Polar war.

To all those that say Ragnarok is weak or whatever must not how much damage Ragnarok took against IRON and if you don't well they took alot so I say these are very fair terms

We do try :war:

they got off easy

Clearly IRON let you off to easy :wub:

While I am, sadly, in the extreme minority in TOP when I say this....

Thank you for making the actions of IRON have consequences.

The RoK reps are very lenient and probably should have been much larger. IRON gladly participated in NPO's community destroying power-hungry antics and are just as responsible. I also have to congratulate RoK for refusing pressure to give white peace at least.

You know IRON is not the only alliance to have participated in The Continuum we are no more responsible than some of the alliances on your side. IRON has never abused our political power if anything our biggest mistake was being complicit with our influence.

Good luck with the choices ahead, IRON.

Same to you Pingu.

I would like to thank all those who we have fought for a thoroughly honorable battle, it's been a blast. To every IRON'er who has fought and stood by their brothers in this conflict I and the entire IRON Council is forever in your debt.

FERRO CREDIMUS.

“How Ford? How exactly could this be worse?” He seethed turning an unusual shade of red. Ford coughed nervously.

“Well… they could have read us another poem…”

As commander of the Vogon Poetry Corp, i'd like to thank all the IRONers who dident get us warned :awesome:

Thank you for an extremely enjoyable war IRON, my first ever nuke (thanks MCRABT <_< ) and for bringing our community together. Something I hope has happened to IRON as well. I would have prefered to see the war dragged out longer and there be no reps but I'm glad we decided not to demand any. As said in the OP your hospitality was enough.

A special mention to PrideAssassin for putting the fear of god into our lower fleets. The man cause our spaceships to self-destructs an lasers to misfire and made our destructor fleets look very silly. Kudos to fleet commander pudge for finally shutting him down.

I enjoyed your responses to our poetry assaults and as is a hitchhiker habit, hopefully we will become close now that we are at peace.

o/ Peace

o/ IRON

o/ Härmlins

o/ Farkistan

o/ Fifth Column Confederation

o/ Ragnarok

A huge shoutout to the 5 IRON nations who fought to the last soldier against me, and an extra shoutout to the two nations who responded to my Vogon Poetry with their own. I assure you my eyes bled for hours on end.

o/ IRON, great opponents

o/ Fark and RoK, great allies

and as always, o/ Härmlins

We've got people in here whining about too lenient and too harsh. That says to me that we got it about right.

It was always a shame that IRON had to fight against us in the first place, and I am happy to see that come to an end. It has been a challenging and damaging war, generally conducted in a good spirit, and hopefully IRON will take the requisite lessons about becoming too tied in to a particular political structure. I hope to see your Independence making a stronger showing again.

We've got people in here whining about too lenient and too harsh. That says to me that we got it about right.

To me that says some people are ignorent how much money a well developed nation can generate.

Personally, I would have loved to see reps be equal to the tech and money Matt Miller has. :awesome:

Edited by der_ko

Thing is though, the only difference between IRON and the other alliances that surrendered was the fatc that IRON held out for much longer. So why do they have higher reps as a consequence?

I just don't get it, I am not saying these reps are unfair..they are reasonable. But why do IRON have more to pay than other alliances for sticking to the war for longer and therefore taking more damage?

Congratulations IRON on getting peace. You fought well and brave against all odds. Very impressive.

Don't you know how to combat vogon poetry?

/me mixes up some Pan-Galatic Gargle Blasters.

Those IRON people impress me. They must be pretty smart to find the anti-dote this fast. The only way to safely face a Vogon reading poetry is drunk and near unconsious.

We're talking about the prime pawn of Mordor here, they'd deserve a fiery fist on their arses, not more of this lousy Karma leniency and fairness. But anyways, congrats on the peace et cetera, I guess.

Well if you insist on taking this perspective on IRON, loosing 15 mil NS, 500,000 tech and 150 nations seems like a fiery fist to me.

To me that says some people are ignorent how much money a well developed nation can generate.

Personally, I would have loved to see reps be equal to the tech and money Matt Miller has. :awesome:

Hahahahaha... oh my.

Maybe we know about it and wanted lenient terms for another reason?

Edited by HellAngel

Thing is though, the only difference between IRON and the other alliances that surrendered was the fatc that IRON held out for much longer. So why do they have higher reps as a consequence?

I just don't get it, I am not saying these reps are unfair..they are reasonable. But why do IRON have more to pay than other alliances for sticking to the war for longer and therefore taking more damage?

Why are you comparing reps? Karma does not have central leadership it's a loose coalition.You might as well compare these reps to the ones MK and STA recived last war wich makes them beyond lenient by comparison.

Back in prehistory The Citrus War, NPO's demands for reps went up over time, so that ODN had to pay an ever higher price for holding out, despite being the smaller party and taking far more damage than we were inflicting. Around 45 days of conflict in the end, if I remember correctly, although age is making such things fuzzy, and reps that nowadays would be laughable but at the time slowed our recovery considerably. Then again, from what I have seen here the issue is only partially about damage inflicted in the conflict.