GOONS vs. GOoNS, an SA showdown

Also to make another comparison you might understand, if someone had rolled a nation with the ruler of MidusOperandi, belonging to the alliance of The Bread Cross, and pretending to otherwise be you in every way shape and form I'd be willing you bet you would be offended. Rightly so, I would say! You would probably declare war of some sort, or make some kind of public posturing to ensure the cyberverse knows the difference between you and the impostor as well as declare war.

GOONS leadership endorses and requires a full and transparent public record of all conflicts, so regardless if The Deadliest Catch was enacted or not a declaration of war would've been made public either way. This is our attempt to allow the other alliance to respond and potentially obtain a NAP that cannot be cancelled by us, thus insuring the safety of their alliance. (From us, anyway) This is far more generous than a past GOONS policy where war with no surrender would be the only option.

I really like the comparison and I appreciate that your trying to do something fun and interesting, please be careful though because it is a very slippery slope.

Oh this has potential. Thanks GOONS, I eagerly await the outcome of The Deadliest Catch

Why so boring ModusOperandi? yeesh

Because its Friday and I'm still sober. :D

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I agree with MO's assessment. Threatening ingame consequences against people if they haven't bought a video camera is pretty much OOC, as the demands in the OP require the possession of equipment that you don't need in order to participate in CN.

That's even true if the threats are against people who are themselves incredibly lame. :)

Forcing anyone to do anything, whether a text, audio, image, or video post, is a real-life coercion by your definition. Despite how high you esteem yourself, you don't get to pick which one is "worse" than the other.[/OOC]

So are you saying that blackmailing someone into making a video is not worse than declaring on someone until he changes his flag?

Interesting.

So are you saying that blackmailing someone into making a video is not worse than declaring on someone until he changes his flag?

Interesting.

I've noticed surrender terms in several recent wars that have required the posting of pictures of different types. I'll see if I can dig one out if you want me to. How is that necessarily different from this?

by the way, it's not "blackmail". It would only be blackmail if we were threatening to reveal an embarrassing secret about him. I know no embarrassing secrets about him.

The way we see it, his alliance is already involved in several unresolved wars that were given no option for them to surrender from, involving several sanctioned alliances. This does not particularly threaten the already doomed nations of Neutral Shoving, it just determines our involvement while giving everyone else something to enjoy.

I've noticed surrender terms in several recent wars that have required the posting of pictures of different types. I'll see if I can dig one out if you want me to. How is that necessarily different from this?

by the way, it's not "blackmail". It would only be blackmail if we were threatening to reveal an embarrassing secret about him. I know no embarrassing secrets about him.

OOC:

Well, let's say that this guy has a job; you and I both know how fast internet meme's circulate around the world. What if his (or a future) video of himself becomes an internet meme; the guy could lose said job.

It may not be very likely and I understand that its all in good fun; however, employers tend to see things differently than the rest of us.

Posting a pic is one thing; even having the guy write a poem/song is a good thing, but a demanding a video is something else.

At least, for the sake of argument, give him other options; at the moment, it seems as though he'd have to reveal his face.

I know that, personally, any credibility that I had at my place of employment would be torn asunder if anything like this got around.

I'm not trying to be a pompous-$@! or a Walford-impersonator, just letting you know that this is a questionable thing.

If you gave someone options such as;

1. Make a video, etc. etc.

2. Make pics, etc. etc.

3. Write an epic fantasy featuring our government as super-heroes,

than it'd be an entirely different thing.

OOC:

Well, let's say that this guy has a job; you and I both know how fast internet meme's circulate around the world. What if his (or a future) video of himself becomes an internet meme; the guy could lose said job.

It may not be very likely and I understand that its all in good fun; however, employers tend to see things differently than the rest of us.

Posting a pic is one thing; even having the guy write a poem/song is a good thing, but a demanding a video is something else.

At least, for the sake of argument, give him other options; at the moment, it seems as though he'd have to reveal his face.

I know that, personally, any credibility that I had at my place of employment would be torn asunder if anything like this got around.

I'm not trying to be a pompous-$@! or a Walford-impersonator, just letting you know that this is a questionable thing.

If you gave someone options such as;

1. Make a video, etc. etc.

2. Make pics, etc. etc.

3. Write an epic fantasy featuring our government as super-heroes,

than it'd be an entirely different thing.

That would be fun to read.

I didn't see anywhere where he would have to show his face. I know it stated putting his ruler name into the video, but not face unless I missed that? I agree with your sentiment though MO, that is a possibility. I would assume if he decided to go with the fun, he would cover his face. Please, cover the face.

That would be fun to read.

I didn't see anywhere where he would have to show his face. I know it stated putting his ruler name into the video, but not face unless I missed that? I agree with your sentiment though MO, that is a possibility. I would assume if he decided to go with the fun, he would cover his face. Please, cover the face.

Indeed that is correct, there is no need for the person to post their face or real name if they choose not to, just as long as a paper with the ruler name is viable for identity verification.

Interesting.

Do you expect someone who just resurrected the old GOONS, which you seemingly despise a great deal, to surrender because new GOONS think he's undermining (or something along those lines) their own efforts?

No, me neither.

So... why !@#$%* when this announcement says they're going to attack this dull goon, who's promoting the old GOONS (in case you've forgotten), because it's not who they are...? :unsure:

Whether you think they're right or wrong, the reality is that GOONS are protecting you from an even greater evil. :ph34r:

The Challenge adds some humour and life to the announcement - nothing else comes into it. I'm certain it's not actually expected.

...although it would be a pleasant bonus.

Because its Friday and I'm still sober. :D

For this I personally forgive you for all of your posts, you poor man! My nation has the awesomest pubs, swing by while we await the hilarity! It's Fishbowl Friday!

I hereby challange ModusOperandi to the following:

1. Please leave this thread.

2. Make a youtube video entiled, "I cried a river and all I got was this sticker." During this video you will dance around your room wearing a tutu singing, "It's raining men, hallelujah it's raining men."

3. Make a sticker with said catch phrase/title.

4. Ensure you've completed #1

There will be grave consequences if these challanges are not completed. :war:

Edited by Tequila Mockingbird

Scrolling on down the forum, I see we have one loud rudypoo calling himself a goon, and that this is not a challenge issued to the nation Beetlejuice ruled by Tom Mattox (a true old GOONS with an AA seniority of over 550 days). So, with apologies, I am going to be cool !@#$%*.

Can't say I think it's a wonderful idea suddenly, but it's funny.

The third country flying the Neutral Shoving AA is amusing some of ODN's recent recruits, having tech-raided a couple of them, and has switched AAs several times. So this really is all about the author of the thread announcing the revival of the Order of Neutral Shoving, and no-one else.

I hereby challange ModusOperandi to the following:

1. Please leave this thread.

2. Make a youtube video entiled, "I cried a river and all I got was this sticker." During this video you will dance around your room wearing a tutu singing, "It's raining men, hallelujah it's raining men."

3. Make a sticker with said catch phrase/title.

4. Ensure you've completed #1

There will be grave consequences if these challanges are not completed. :war:

funny0021.jpg

I don't know how to create a video and won't use my real face but my room is a street corner, my cheerleader-tutu outfit is short, and I am no longer sober.

Since I won't abide #1 please declare war on me tonight because I'm sick of having zero casualties and haven't fired a single bullet in this Great War; it won't be an alliance thing but if you're not in range have one of your mates attack me so that I can get used to this new war system. (the last time I fought I was going nuke rogue back at the end of GWIII, I'll let you guess which alliance I was jumped by for expressing my opinion.. it was led by a banned member).

Anyway, yes I'm being serious; let's have some fun.

[OOC]But please notice, that even though that image is funny it doesn't involve having money to get a video camera, endanger my job, or is personally embarrassing.[/OOC]

Edited by ModusOperandi

Wait a sec.

In the middle of the largest war in CN ever, where the old ruling powers were overthrown out of outrage for ridiculous terms and harsh treatments, a reformation of an alliance known to be part of previous terms and treatments (until they found them selves on the receiving end), is posting an announcement containing ridiculous terms.

Does nobody learn from the past? I mean I always figured the cycle would repeat eventually but I kind of expected the war over it to end first before we got around to forgetting the lessons that came from it.

Edited by TypoNinja

funny0021.jpg

I don't know how to create a video and won't use my real face but my room is a street corner, my cheerleader-tutu outfit is short, and I am no longer sober.

Since I won't abide #1 please declare war on me tonight because I'm sick of having zero casualties and haven't fired a single bullet in this Great War; it won't be an alliance thing but if you're not in range have one of your mates attack me so that I can get used to this new war system. (the last time I fought I was going nuke rogue back at the end of GWIII, I'll let you guess which alliance I was jumped by for expressing my opinion.. it was led by a banned member).

Anyway, yes I'm being serious; let's have some fun.

[OOC]But please notice, that even though that image is funny it doesn't involve having money to get a video camera, endanger my job, or is personally embarrassing.[/OOC]

You know, if the guy in the OP is fake, it doesn't even matter anymore, because you are real, and even more hilarious in your own way. So thank you, thank you for being you.

PS: I don't think the guy you quoted is even in GOONS.