First Nuke Eaten

capitalC

Being a member of a gambling themed alliance called "DiCE" who proudly proclaims acts of leeroying with the term "DiCE RoLL", it was only inevitable that I would do something a bit reckless and crazy. It was only inevitable that the Federal Earth Empire would experience this:

us_nuke.jpg

Yes, today I have the honour of saying that I have been nuked for the very first time. Apparently people around here seem to be very proud of the number of times they've been attacked with nuclear weapons, so I thought it would be worth mentioning this milestone for my nation.

But now that I think about it, I really must wonder why we love nukes so damn much. What is up with all the nuke madness in this world? Why are people proud of getting nuked? And should I be as well?

:nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke:

Regardless, I'm sure this will forever harden my citizens into aggressive, unbreakable freaks of nature courtesy of all that radiation.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a member of a gambling themed alliance called "DiCE" who proudly proclaims acts of leeroying with the term "DiCE RoLL", it was only inevitable that I would do something a bit reckless and crazy. It was only inevitable that the Federal Earth Empire would experience this:

us_nuke.jpg

Yes, today I have the honour of saying that I have been nuked for the very first time. Apparently people around here seem to be very proud of the number of times they've been attacked with nuclear weapons, so I thought it would be worth mentioning this milestone for my nation.

But now that I think about it, I really must wonder why we love nukes so damn much. What is up with all the nuke madness in this world? Why are people proud of getting nuked? And should I be as well?

:nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke:

Regardless, I'm sure this will forever harden my citizens into aggressive, unbreakable freaks of nature courtesy of all that radiation.

lol!! me got my first nuke today too!! we should exchange some of our new glowing byproducts to celebrate this day!! i'll drink a cup of green glowy whiskey in your honor, my nuclear brother that's on the other side of the fence!! :P

If the picture is any indication, you were attacked with the least destructive nuke in history. Took out what, two-tenths of an infra level?

;)

Well for a ~20k nation that kinda nuking would be considered pretty bloodying.

My first nuke was immediately followed by the first ground attack my nation has ever received.

The nuke might have hurt me, but I won both the ground attacks. Maybe all those people who turtled against me in the past had the right idea. :D

Well for a ~20k nation that kinda nuking would be considered pretty bloodying.

You misunderstand. I'm not talking about your nation. I'm talking about the picture, in which the bomb is destroying the outer areas of a tiny village. The radius of destruction caused by the bomb in the picture is about 1/8 mile, which is very small by nuclear standards. I'm not trying to insult you. I'm just being friendly. It's cool. The picture is actually very nice. It just isn't a very accurate representation of the damage a sizable nuclear bomb would actually cause.

Also, two-tenths of a level is not "pretty bloodying" for a nation of 20k. Of course, in-game the nuke did far more damage to you than that.

Edited by Cirrus

You misunderstand. I'm not talking about your nation. I'm talking about the picture, in which the bomb is destroying the outer areas of a tiny village. The radius of destruction caused by the bomb in the picture is about 1/8 mile, which is very small by nuclear standards.

Not to mention it totally missed the church in the upper left hand corner. You gotta at least hit the church.

Nukes taken can be seen as a sign of status. Some people, like Moo, see it as a sign of their power. Moo is seen as a figurehead of Hegemony, so he was often a target of rogues. Others see it as a sign of experience. All other things being equal, would you rather fight a person who had taken no nukes, or someone who had taken 40?

D.C.%20is%20attacked%20and%20the%20Capitol%20Building%20still%20stands%20-%20Nice%20aim,%20morons.jpg

If I remember right, Nordreich first gave my capital a fresh coating of uranium back in the Maroon War.

Ah, good times.

hehehe. that was when i took my first nuke from the first nuke rogue coming from ICP (or whatever version it was). I was in Polaris and believe i took the first nuke of the war. it was an awesome way to loose my nukeginity. now if i can only remember the name of that guy that nuked me.....

Took six from MaGneT of DT, sent him five (plus ten blocked), sent one to Bullettheory of TGR, one to Voodoo Nova of NSO, one to Pelzig of TGR, two to Cooper I of CCC, two to Master Waldo of CCC, one to Ogden Chichester of CCC. All this war.

-Bama

Edited by BamaBuc

took three nukes during this war heh, I was lucky, although I have gone from 5.3k infra to 4,264 infra and lost about 400 tech

oh well no complaints here

anyways after that first nuke the novalty starts to wear off...

hehehe. that was when i took my first nuke from the first nuke rogue coming from ICP (or whatever version it was). I was in Polaris and believe i took the first nuke of the war. it was an awesome way to loose my nukeginity. now if i can only remember the name of that guy that nuked me.....

Technically the first nuke of that war was Kommando (I think that's the name) who went nuke rogue on NoR and set off the bloody powder keg.

Took my first nuke this war from Vladimir's WRC. A formerly 65K nation. Nuking my 25K, SDIless nation. It was fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

I ate a nuke, which kinda surprised me as I'm < 20K NS.

It tasted like chicken.

My opponent now has 0 infra (partly due to my efforts, largely due to him realizing the futility of fighting the Kingdom and selling all his remaining infra).