Because I will honor my word.

Deadshot

This will be a big deal for some, most will have no idea what I am talking about. If you fall into the latter category, I would appreciate insults to be kept to a minimum. I am not saying I don't deserve it, but instead of cluttering this thread with it, just pm me.

Awhile ago, not sure how long now, I was having a conversation with a man named iClean through an outside messaging system. This conversation was not as Wentworth and iClean, but as friends talking about their real lives like we used to do. Eventually the conversation did turn to CN and we began discussing possibilities on the world outlook in the future. While discussing, the talks turned to a great war and what would happen. In it, iClean started talking about a plan he had in the event that an alliance walked away from their allies and he began talking about a way to defeat them. I prodded him more and more for info giving my word to keep it secretive as we were talking as real life friends, not IC.

Immediately following the conversation, I turned over the relevant portions of the logs to said alliance. This is what lead to iCleans ZI sentence and I would assume his eventual Perma-ZI and deletion.

I was not happy about what happened and I held it in for a long time. I figured time would pass and everyone would forget. But some didn't. I didn't either. I had talked of issuing an apology before, and Delta1212 alluded to this in his response to a thread. He stated that his grudge would be settled with NATO surrender or my surrender. An apology was not a part of our terms and I am doing this of my own accord, because it is needed. This war has taught me the error of my ways, especially in regards of the iClean incident.

To all of iCleans friends, I am sorry. I was once considered one of them, but I became a snake.

To the members of the Armed Coalition of Valor, I am terribly sorry. I never meant to see you disband and I feel sick to my stomach that I played a part in that.

Most of all, iClean.

If you are reading this, I want you to know I am truly sorry for my despicable actions and for taking our friendship for granted. What I did deserves no forgiveness and I expect none. This has been a long time coming, but my own cowardice got in the way. You deserved better iClean, and the only thing I regret in this game is what I did to you. I have learned from the past and from the current trends I see starting in here. I wish to turn a new leaf, and show the true side of my nature, and I will work everyday to hopefully someday be fully atoned.

Sincerely,

Wentworth-

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone makes mistakes

A big man will admit and ask forgiveness

A bigger man will grant it.

QFT- for the record, being in NATO and working with Wentworth since founding Olympus with other friends, he has always shot straight with me. Nice to see you be honest about the subject and address it on such a public stage.

You are fortunate that your adversaries in this war don't PZI people simply because they oppose them. Everyone who has been forced out of the game by these tactics has been someone's friend. It is my hope that you do not support or enable the kind of people who approach the game this way in the future. It creates a lot of pain and suffering, and if that is the only way that you can keep "winning", well then maybe you shouldn't.

I miss iClean. I got to know him and ACV from the earliest days of their existence. I can only hope that he is now in a better place. :)

Thank you for coming clean, Wentworth. Best of luck in the future.

"Humility is the only true wisdom by which we prepare our minds for all the possible changes of life."

— George Arliss (some guy in another universe)

went you are a class act. Respect is hard to earn and even harder to keep. You have always had my respect because when you think you have lost it, it really only grows stronger by actions such as these.

Your a good man.

Much love to you.

Hakim

thanks. I always liked iClean and ACV, and I was sad as anything to see them go. I remember being shocked when these events happened, since he'd always spoken of how close his relationship with you was. I hope in the future this and many, many other sundered bonds can be healed

Once a snake, always a snake. Your actions when you had a small ally of mine bent over the table speak to me a lot louder than your actions as someone that got his influence and power thoroughly owned.

Once a snake, always a snake. Your actions when you had a small ally of mine bent over the table speak to me a lot louder than your actions as someone that got his influence and power thoroughly owned.

Thank you for your honesty.

If you are reading this, I want you to know I am truly sorry for my despicable actions and for taking our friendship for granted. What I did deserves no forgiveness and I expect none. This has been a long time coming, but my own cowardice got in the way. You deserved better iClean, and the only thing I regret in this game is what I did to you. I have learned from the past and from the current trends I see starting in here. I wish to turn a new leaf, and show the true side of my nature, and I will work everyday to hopefully someday be fully atoned.

I've been hoping to see something like this for a while now. For quite a long time I was consumed with the idea of bringing you down, subjecting you to what you forced me to go through. I envisioned the day when my boot would be on your chest and my sword to your throat. However, that's not my intention now. Over time the anger began to subside but the scars of betrayal haven't, and won't heal. The disbandment of the Armed Coalition of Valor, my pride and joy, the alliance I led from the ground up, only served as a reminder of what was done not to me, but to my soldiers.

On the former, you will never be forgiven. The Armed Coalition of Valor did not deserve the obscurity it was forced into. The Armed Coalition of Valor did not deserve having their leader removed so an "ally" could gain political points. The Armed Coalition of Valor did not deserve to be humiliated, disgraced and dishonored. I was warned against trusting you by others close to me. I told them to hold their tongue for you were a friend and a good one at that. In the end, it was me who was forced to hold my own tongue. As I said, for this, I will never forgive you.

Onto a more positive note. This apology, as I've said before, is something I've been hoping for. It's a very large step in the right direction which I do appreciate. I know this was heartfelt and not based off of political expediency. Thus, from a man to a man, I accept your apology. It is not my business to hang over someone's head an act in which they truly feel remorse for. I know you regret your actions and that's all that matters to me. However it will not take a few words to completely change my opinion on you. This is a time of action we're living in now, and I will look on in anticipation at NATO in the coming weeks to see if these words are backed by resolve.

To conclude this long wall of text. I've long considered what transpired between us to be my worst memory of this game and my long involvement in it. It's time the both of us close this chapter and move on. If what you say is true, you've got much work ahead of you. We all deserve a second chance. God knows I've had quite a few of them, and without them I wouldn't be here today.

Formerly,

Retired General of the Army iClean

Former Commanding Officer of the General Staff

Ex-Armed Coalition of Valor

*pokes head up*

The Armed Coalition of Valor did not deserve to be humiliated, disgraced and dishonored. I was warned against trusting you by others close to me.

Me among them. I thought NATO were bunch of lap dog opportunists, and go figure.