DoW on MCXA

We legitimately support our friend and protector, based on the treaty we have with them.

The Endemic Resolution contains the following:

Article VI – RECIPROCAL DEFENSE

(...) Should the VIRIDIAN ENTENTE come under attack, The Pandemic Alliance is encouraged but is not obligated to provide the VIRIDIAN ENTENTE with such assistance as it is able to muster, be it military, political or financial or other assets. (...)

With regard to our decision process, you may know that Pandemic is a True Democratic alliance, which means that all member states have equal rights and an equal say in every alliance decision. Pandemic is also a peaceful alliance. This decision therefore was not an easy process and has taken some time.

You may call it what you want, but we are of the opinion that this step was difficult, but a logical, honest and honerable one.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me cynical but I can't help but feel they wanted to make sure the side they were joining was doing well in the war before they jumped in with this defensive clause they have.

its a good move for them if thats the case, which i dont believe it is. pandemic wants to help out, but had to make sure that in doing so they werent putting themselves in a position to get destroyed. all power to the members of pandemic for choosing to exercise their option to join this war on ve's side, we are glad to have them aboard, and i personally look forward to working with them in this war as i have enjoyed working with other member nations from other karma alliances.

o/ bandwagoneering

It must be fun to say, everyone's using that one.

I prefer:

o/ backing up your protectors when the timing was right (not just convenient)

Really, which alliance out there is that bastardly that they'd throw their protectorates into war?

Obviously not the VE, so kudos to them.

Welcome to the fun, PA - you guys have an upstanding alliance protecting you, and we in the Grand Lodge, and AZTEC, look forward to working beside you.

Perhaps then, you could also explain why it has taken so long for them to join in?

A smaller alliance whose players are a bit more casual and less organized than the behemoth alliances could easily have a hard time fully prepping for war and jumping in right away. So that could justify at least a few days right there.

Plus, it's entirely possible VE asked them to sit out for a bit to see how things played out, so that when they did come in, they would be able to hit with the strongest possible impact, rather than simply being neutralized early on. That way, they actually help VE out more than if they simply declared on the first day to satisfy all of the CN eLawyers.

Of course, that's just me attempting to use logic, as opposed to immediately jumping to the worst possible conclusion because I want to bash the people declaring war on me.

Oh CN, will you ever change?

Good luck o/

With regard to our decision process, you may know that Pandemic is a True Democratic alliance, which means that all member states have equal rights and an equal say in every alliance decision. Pandemic is also a peaceful alliance. This decision therefore was not an easy process and has taken some time.

You may call it what you want, but we are of the opinion that this step was difficult, but a logical, honest and honerable one.

And yeah, the speed with decision is a disadvantage to democratic alliances, more so in bigger one like ours. However its more rewarding in the long run :)

Good allies are the ones that jump right into the fray without waiting to see which side is going to win.

Has nothing to do with who is going to win. We're enacting our defense clause and supporting our friends.

Good luck o/

And yeah, the speed with decision is a disadvantage to democratic alliances, more so in bigger one like ours. However its more rewarding in the long run :)

Exactly!

I look forward to this, whether or not I get curbstomped, I will know we acted in good faith with our own alliance and our friends in VE.

o/ Pandemic

o7 VE

Well this is interesting.

You'd think the MoFA of such a well-known alliance would have something more substantial to say when responding to a Declaration of War on his own alliance. But perhaps this is indicative of MCXA's standards these days.

You'd think the MoFA of such a well-known alliance would have something more substantial to say when responding to a Declaration of War on his own alliance. But perhaps this is indicative of MCXA's standards these days.

Standards?

bandwagoning-inspirational-poste-1.jpg

I guess standards are involved at some point. I just can't find it. <_<

Yeah our standard really hit rock bottom a few weeks ago, but we purged ourselves of some treacherous swines. Can't say things are perfect, but we are definitely getting better. I have always found that those who chomp at the bit of power often never make it.

Yeah our standard really hit rock bottom a few weeks ago, but we purged ourselves of some treacherous swines. Can't say things are perfect, but we are definitely getting better. I have always found that those who chomp at the bit of power often never make it.

Yeah, I heard you were my successor. They couldn't muzzle me, so they needed someone with less free thought. I must say though, the track record of the people who have left your alliance seems to be much more impressive than that of the useless people who are getting into power these days.