DoW on MCXA

I was merely suggesting that from my experience, VE have not put up as tough a fight as the otehr alliances. I fully expect your allies to jump in and fight with you.

Apologies if I was a little hostile in my response to you.

Sorry, is this MCXA telling us we're not performing in this war?

I'm a Viridian, and even I'm surprised at how well we're standing up to the Pacifican war machine.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry no MCXA or other similarly allied nation has any room to talk on band wagoning. How many times have you attacked people on more then 10-1 odds? And MCXA nations that were attacked in the first round still bent over and took it with little resistance.

It isn't bandwagoning when you jump in on Day One to take hits from the enemy but it IS bandwagoning when you come in a week after the war starts to scrounge up tech and etc. from anarchied nations.

This isn't 'honor', this is just looting and pillaging and it will be remembered both by MCXA and by Pandemic's erstwhile allies who could have used their help in the initial assaults. My own enemies have had to eat about 15 of my nukes in the past week. They are taking massive damage for their alliance and I have no doubts about their commitment to their alliance and their cause and I salute them for it.

But these clowns? :rolleyes:

Really, I wonder what my adversaries who have tasted my nukes 15 times think of these johnny-come-latelies who are joining the fight at a late date with the obvious intent to reap the spoils of the hard work that has been done by VE?

If Pandemic is serious about their treaty commitment then I expect to see their people reserve one of my war slots from VE so they can come and feel my pain. :nuke:

Jumping on the bandwagon is doing something because everyone else is doing it. Your definition fails.

Furthermore, they are doing no such thing. Be silent.

Im sorry no MCXA or other similarly allied nation has any room to talk on band wagoning. How many times have you attacked people on more then 10-1 odds? And MCXA nations that were attacked in the first round still bent over and took it with little resistance.

Agreed on that last note. I've had minimal losses and barely any resistance after two days of fighting.

Edited by Germanic Republic

I'm fighting one of your guys, he's good. He's done about 60% of the damage I've taken from the VE guy, but he's done it without launching three nukes.

No doubt that we can fight one on one. However, up against an alliance of MCXAs size, we're no match. But we've worked very hard at making our guys as hard to defeat as possible.

It isn't bandwagoning when you jump in on Day One to take hits from the enemy but it IS bandwagoning when you come in a week after the war starts to scrounge up tech and etc. from anarchied nations.

Good to know that if you're in a small alliance that can't organize an immediate and effective strike in less than 24 hours, and if the ally you have a treaty with has explicitly asked you to hang back so you can declare later and bail them out if things get worse, then the only honorable course of action is just to never activate your treaty.

Honor isn't the same thing as stupidity. CN would probably be much more enjoyable if more people were capable of understanding that fact.

Call me cynical but I can't help but feel they wanted to make sure the side they were joining was doing well in the war before they jumped in with this defensive clause they have.

Wow what weak logic skills you have

Perhaps then, you could also explain why it has taken so long for them to join in?

because there couldnt possibly be any valid reason for why they might want to hold back, other than to save its own pixels right?

It amuses me that if it wasn't for NV and GLOF VE would have been slaughtered in a few days, yet they are the ones doing the most mouthing off. Shame your alliance isn't showing as much class as the other guys we are fighting.

Hai There!

Shame your alliance didnt put up a better fight.

This isn't 'honor', this is just looting and pillaging and it will be remembered both by MCXA and by Pandemic's erstwhile allies who could have used their help in the initial assaults. My own enemies have had to eat about 15 of my nukes in the past week. They are taking massive damage for their alliance and I have no doubts about their commitment to their alliance and their cause and I salute them for it.

But these clowns? :rolleyes:

Really, I wonder what my adversaries who have tasted my nukes 15 times think of these johnny-come-latelies who are joining the fight at a late date with the obvious intent to reap the spoils of the hard work that has been done by VE?

If Pandemic is serious about their treaty commitment then I expect to see their people reserve one of my war slots from VE so they can come and feel my pain. :nuke:

Did you even read the rest of the thread? Im in NV and I think very highly of an alliance of less than 30 nations getting involved at all. This is not their fight. We just thought they could use some money and tech and decided to invite them to the party, lol. I mean who doesnt like free tech. lol

Yeah our standard really hit rock bottom a few weeks ago, but we purged ourselves of some treacherous swines. Can't say things are perfect, but we are definitely getting better. I have always found that those who chomp at the bit of power often never make it.

By the looks of your chart you aren't anywhere near rock bottom. Though in terms of corruption I'de say forcing out some of your most loyal members to protect your position in the government might have been a rock bottom. Yeah jimmy, don't believe anybody here misses that you were in the front lines of faux outrage at me and Fran trying to get us kicked... Or that you slid right into her government position when it was vacated.

I've always found the slimiest and least moral among us with the best spin tend to get power, and this would definitely be an example of that.

I'm fighting one of your guys, he's good. He's done about 60% of the damage I've taken from the VE guy, but he's done it without launching three nukes.

I find this funny, because I've dealt about the same amount of damage as I've recieved, yet, one guy I'm fighting is nuclear capable, and has also launched three nukes as well.

As a side note, another guy of yours is just going inactive, and the OTHER one gives me a ground attack about every other day, and loses. So I fail to see where this 'VE isn't fighting as hard as they could' sentiment is coming from.

For the cries of bandwagon reminds me of growing up playing Pac-Man and going for a power pellet. That's like the ghosts crying "No fair!" because you ate a power pellet and can now hunt them. You don't eat the power pellets right away, you save them for an opportune time. So grab your eyeballs and go back to your box.

For those saying "ooh, they're just vultures picking on the scraps of the already dead." Well I suggest you recheck the logs. For my part especially I have only declared on nations not in anarchy. Why pick on the broken. If you self anarchied to protect yourself well good for you, I looked right over you. In addition every nation I attacked had a higher strength, more infra, and more tech who were active with no current wars. So really I was picking fights I should have lost.

I am glad to see my VE friends and other new friends who have joined in the battles alongside me. It is good to see teamwork come together in defense and anarchy those that would attack our friends. Our CB is legit, the time and tactics are legit. Get over it.

For the cries of bandwagon reminds me of growing up playing Pac-Man and going for a power pellet. That's like the ghosts crying "No fair!" because you ate a power pellet and can now hunt them. You don't eat the power pellets right away, you save them for an opportune time. So grab your eyeballs and go back to your box.

Sorry Hegemony, but this comparison is bullet proof XD

Sometimes we like to hold our protectorates back since they're still young growing alliances. It's also strategically sound to have a few contingency plans lying around. MCXA had more nations at the start of this dance, which may or may not have translated into more people capable of sending doses of 3m to smaller nations. For me, at least, the best strategic value for protectorates would be in counter-attacking nations at war with these steroid pumped nations. I know I've held back one of our protectorates for at least these reasons.

However, if there is a good chance that it might tip the scales or ensure a rout, then even reserves and rear-guard forces should be thrown into the fray. If you don't believe this then believe that these people made a commitment to VE to roll with them and they have every right to (It's better late than never to honor this treaty, especially if the tardiness was part of strategy). I know everyone has said it but this isn't jumping on the bandwagon, this is them honoring a commitment they made.

If one was to study up on VE history, one would notice that VE keeps their protectorates in reserve for the first round. Same as NPO does with nations going to peacemode. Pandemic is a protectorate! It was going to fight and help out VE.

I call bandwagoners...

163) Pandemic 23 members 5 nukes

are you sure you really want to do this?

When are you coming out of peacemode to be the awesome threat that you are? You fought Viridians, please describe how well you did.

Is the six day delay to build a six day warchest?

It's a seven day delay to wait for a slot to expire. BTW, I started with a 30 day warchest, and now I have a 35 day warchest.

Call me cynical but I can't help but feel they wanted to make sure the side they were joining was doing well in the war before they jumped in with this defensive clause they have.

Considering they only had one treaty, they could only join one side. If you can only join one side, doesn't that make it a tad hard to pick and choose?

A smaller alliance whose players are a bit more casual and less organized than the behemoth alliances could easily have a hard time fully prepping for war and jumping in right away. So that could justify at least a few days right there.

Plus, it's entirely possible VE asked them to sit out for a bit to see how things played out, so that when they did come in, they would be able to hit with the strongest possible impact, rather than simply being neutralized early on. That way, they actually help VE out more than if they simply declared on the first day to satisfy all of the CN eLawyers.

Of course, that's just me attempting to use logic, as opposed to immediately jumping to the worst possible conclusion because I want to bash the people declaring war on me.

Oh CN, will you ever change?

I agree therefore I qoute!

Yeah it's not like VE's MDP partners were attacked or anything. Filthy bandwagoners.

LOL!

It amuses me how many people jump on the bandwagon declaring Pandemic to be bandwagoners.

It's only bandwagoning if they do it. See also "my spies said you spied".

It amuses me that if it wasn't for NV and GLOF VE would have been slaughtered in a few days, yet they are the ones doing the most mouthing off. Shame your alliance isn't showing as much class as the other guys we are fighting.

I'd respond, but Impero does a better job, therefore I qoute:

Oh come on now, its no secret your alliance was not in a state to slaughter anyone, however you have been adding to my members war chests quite nicely (NPO should truly thank you). I'll refrain from saying more, because believe it or not I still like MCXA, however in the future you should watch your words much more carefully before putting on the false bravado of a tough guy, especially seeing as the only VE member you will see running his mouth will be me.

Also, let me reiterate for those of you who missed my post before or are intentionally ignoring it. Pandemic was ready to enter on our behalf as soon as they found out MCXA declared on us, however I felt it would be tactically prudent for them to coincide their entry with the first expiration of slots. They have a legit treaty, and were more then happy to invoke it from the first moment they could, so @#$%ing get off it and stop ignoring simple facts.

I was merely suggesting that from my experience, VE have not put up as tough a fight as the otehr alliances. I fully expect your allies to jump in and fight with you.

Your experience seems to be very unique.

Sorry, is this MCXA telling us we're not performing in this war?

I'm a Viridian, and even I'm surprised at how well we're standing up to the Pacifican war machine.

We are losing the war! Can't you see it? The other side has placed themselves in anarchy as a devious tactic. There is a master plan!

Sarcasm aside, I want to thank NV, GLOF, OV, GOD, RoK, Pandemic and many, many others for fighting side by side with Viridians. Thank you Brothers :D

Edited by Ilya Murometz

It's a seven day delay to wait for a slot to expire. BTW, I started with a 30 day warchest, and now I have a 35 day warchest.

My war chest was bigger than that, and can now last me 30% longer - suppose I can thank all those nukes I received to lower my infra bill :awesome:

Considering they only had one treaty, they could only join one side. If you can only join one side, doesn't that make it a tad hard to pick and choose?

You misinterpret my point. I wasn't suggesting they might join the other side, I was suggesting they miught not join at all if it wasn't going well. However, this is severely old ground and has been covered already

Your experience seems to be very unique.

Well I should count myself lucky that your guys funded my loses to NV and GLOF

We are losing the war! Can't you see it? The other side has placed themselves in anarchy as a devious tactic. There is a master plan!

Maybe its my unique case again, but I have your guys first strike nuke to thank for that - probably fed up of losing his GA's :P

Edited by TheDave

My war chest was bigger than that, and can now last me 30% longer - suppose I can thank all those nukes I received to lower my infra bill :awesome:

You misinterpret my point. I wasn't suggesting they might join the other side, I was suggesting they miught not join at all if it wasn't going well. However, this is severely old ground and has been covered already

Well I should count myself lucky that your guys funded my loses to NV and GLOF

Maybe its my unique case again, but I have your guys first strike nuke to thank for that - probably fed up of losing his GA's :P

You seem like a reasonable sort of person. What are you doing in MCXA?

Edit: further comment retracted.

Edited by Francesca

Care to explain which posts you are referring to?

Edit: To answer your question. I was getting bored of GDA. Stopped getting involved, could barely motivate to log in to get me some tech deals. I wanted a change.

Edited by TheDave

Care to explain which posts you are referring to?

Edit: To answer your question. I was getting bored of GDA. Stopped getting involved, could barely motivate to log in to get me some tech deals. I wanted a change.

As a matter of fact, you already apologised for the things you said in this announcement, so I hereby retract my comments.

1. You misinterpret my point. I wasn't suggesting they might join the other side, I was suggesting they miught not join at all if it wasn't going well. However, this is severely old ground and has been covered already

2. Well I should count myself lucky that your guys funded my loses to NV and GLOF

3. Maybe its my unique case again, but I have your guys first strike nuke to thank for that - probably fed up of losing his GA's :P

1. If you think that this war wasn't going to go well for Karma, after the infamous post was made by Finster Baby, you are either misinformed or really misinformed.

2. I could say the same about the MCXA nations I am fighting. I'm in Defcon 5 too, and still winning. And I'm not hiding my nation behind "private" like some people (read maxfiles).

3. Actually nukes were going to fly as soon as it was known that MK enter the conflict. MK was the first alliance to challenge NPO's policy of no nukes, and they challenged it successfully. So all of you radiated people - blame MK :P

Edited by Ilya Murometz

Yeah, I got lucky rolled 3 MCXArs above my rating, but #4 got me. Congrats to me on eating my first two nukes. It's been an honor and I take it as a mental win!

o/ Pandemic!

o7 VE

and another o7 to NV, Syndicate, 1TF, ARES I like you guys!