DoW on MCXA

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah our standard really hit rock bottom a few weeks ago, but we purged ourselves of some treacherous swines. Can't say things are perfect, but we are definitely getting better. I have always found that those who chomp at the bit of power often never make it.
Yeah, I heard you were my successor. They couldn't muzzle me, so they needed someone with less free thought. I must say though, the track record of the people who have left your alliance seems to be much more impressive than that of the useless people who are getting into power these days.

Is this what verbal slapfighting looks like? Hilarious.

I'm not going to decry them for jumping on the bandwagon here, as they do have a treaty with VE; but I think it would be a stretch to say that it is brave or honorable to honor a treaty eight days after the fact. We entered the war three days after NV, and in all honesty, I still felt like a patsy being that late to the party.

Better late than never, I suppose?

Regardless on the circumstance, good job honoring your treaty, that is commendable. However, it's a shame you decided to join the fray this late.

Either way, good luck. o/

Also, Fran, you should really stop trolling, you're really not doing a good job at it.

Better late than never, I suppose?

Regardless on the circumstance, good job honoring your treaty, that is commendable. However, it's a shame you decided to join the fray this late.

Either way, good luck. o/

Also, Fran, you should really stop trolling, you're really not doing a good job at it.

Thats not allowed.

Welcome to the fight Pandemic.

And what Impero said. But by all means, please continue to cry bandwagon when you know nothing. Besides, I'm sure small alliances have GREAT activity levels. Well some of them do and some of them don't.

Yeah, I heard you were my successor. They couldn't muzzle me, so they needed someone with less free thought. I must say though, the track record of the people who have left your alliance seems to be much more impressive than that of the useless people who are getting into power these days.

sup4 made it past our screening process, but we corrected that. ;)

It amuses me how many people jump on the bandwagon declaring Pandemic to be bandwagoners.

It amuses me that if it wasn't for NV and GLOF VE would have been slaughtered in a few days, yet they are the ones doing the most mouthing off. Shame your alliance isn't showing as much class as the other guys we are fighting.

Edited by TheDave

It amuses me that if it wasn't for NV and GLOF VE would have been slaughtered in a few days, yet they are the ones doing the most mouthing off. Shame your alliance isn't showing as much class as the other guys we are fighting.

Slaughtered? Really? I forgot you guys even declared on us prior to this announcement.

Really? They have a legitimate defense treaty that they're fulfilling and they're bandwagoners, but when somebody else pre-emptively strikes an alliance in a war with no CB other than "we don't like you and we want you dead", that's OK?

Give 'em hell, Pandemic. Welcome to the fight. If you're looking for some juicy targets, come hit us up.

It isn't bandwagoning when you jump in on Day One to take hits from the enemy but it IS bandwagoning when you come in a week after the war starts to scrounge up tech and etc. from anarchied nations.

This isn't 'honor', this is just looting and pillaging and it will be remembered both by MCXA and by Pandemic's erstwhile allies who could have used their help in the initial assaults. My own enemies have had to eat about 15 of my nukes in the past week. They are taking massive damage for their alliance and I have no doubts about their commitment to their alliance and their cause and I salute them for it.

But these clowns? :rolleyes:

Really, I wonder what my adversaries who have tasted my nukes 15 times think of these johnny-come-latelies who are joining the fight at a late date with the obvious intent to reap the spoils of the hard work that has been done by VE?

If Pandemic is serious about their treaty commitment then I expect to see their people reserve one of my war slots from VE so they can come and feel my pain. :nuke:

It's good that VE has such powerful allies then aye? Because we at the Lodge are so experienced at war that you were all doomed from the start (we only have fought in the last war and were crushed). But, saying that we caused your great war plan to fail is... odd. If you thought that none of VEs treaty partners would protect them you need to re-evaluate what you think treaties are. You're actually lucky that we were the ones called in, not some of VEs larger friends. No matter the Lodge and NV and 1TF and SSX and now Pandemic, probably still can't engage every single one of your members at once... well, maybe NOW we can.

Anyway, thanks for the vote of confidence on your part!

So you're saying that alliances shouldn't declare in defense of their allies? Makes sense, coming from MCXA.

Shoot.

I'm kind of thinking about helping MCXA out on this war. I won't, but that was my first reaction. This truly is a case of vultures picking over the carcasses (no offense to MCXA). Shame on you, Pandemic. Poor excuse to enter a war well over a week later. I am going to enjoy perusing the wars and finding out if you have engaged any MCXA nations that are NOT in anarchy.

These words are my own; they do not represent the brethren and/or leaders of the Grand Lodge of Freemasons.

Edited by Duke of Cool

It's good that VE has such powerful allies then aye? Because we at the Lodge are so experienced at war that you were all doomed from the start (we only have fought in the last war and were crushed). But, saying that we caused your great war plan to fail is... odd. If you thought that none of VEs treaty partners would protect them you need to re-evaluate what you think treaties are. You're actually lucky that we were the ones called in, not some of VEs larger friends. No matter the Lodge and NV and 1TF and SSX and now Pandemic, probably still can't engage every single one of your members at once... well, maybe NOW we can.

Anyway, thanks for the vote of confidence on your part!

I'm fighting one of your guys, he's good. He's done about 60% of the damage I've taken from the VE guy, but he's done it without launching three nukes.

So you're saying that alliances shouldn't declare in defense of their allies? Makes sense, coming from MCXA.

Yes. that is exactly what I am saying. Oh no wait, sorry its nowhere near what I was saying. Go back and read it again.

Oh come on now, its no secret your alliance was not in a state to slaughter anyone, however you have been adding to my members war chests quite nicely (NPO should truly thank you). I'll refrain from saying more, because believe it or not I still like MCXA, however in the future you should watch your words much more carefully before putting on the false bravado of a tough guy, especially seeing as the only VE member you will see running his mouth will be me.

Also, let me reiterate for those of you who missed my post before or are intentionally ignoring it. Pandemic was ready to enter on our behalf as soon as they found out MCXA declared on us, however I felt it would be tactically prudent for them to coincide their entry with the first expiration of slots. They have a legit treaty, and were more then happy to invoke it from the first moment they could, so @#$%ing get off it and stop ignoring simple facts.

Yes. that is exactly what I am saying. Oh no wait, sorry its nowhere near what I was saying. Go back and read it again.

I believed you were expressing surprise that help rushed to VE's side when MCXA attacked us. I then suggested that this might have been a novel idea for MCXA since your first thought was to rush away from your ally's side.

I apologize if I misinterpreted what you said.

Also, let me reiterate for those of you who missed my post before or are intentionally ignoring it. Pandemic was ready to enter on our behalf as soon as they found out MCXA declared on us, however I felt it would be tactically prudent for them to coincide their entry with the first expiration of slots. They have a legit treaty, and were more then happy to invoke it from the first moment they could, so @#$%ing get off it and stop ignoring simple facts.

People who scream "bandwagon!" do not understand military tactics and strategy. What Impero is saying is the truth. We all know that this could be a very long war so why would we show all of our cards after the first round of bets have been placed?

The same goes for the NPO nations who are in peace mode. NPO is not stupid and they are not cowards. They are smart and they are in it to win it. It just so happens that so are we.

Please allow the professionals to do what they do best and before anyone decides to speak of bandwagoning, ask yourself, "Do I know anything about strategy or tactics when it comes to war fighting in CN?" Most of you do not and would be better off leaving your ideas about fairness at the door. What is at stake in this war is too great to not use every advantage you can.

I believed you were expressing surprise that help rushed to VE's side when MCXA attacked us. I then suggested that this might have been a novel idea for MCXA since your first thought was to rush away from your ally's side.

I apologize if I misinterpreted what you said.

I was merely suggesting that from my experience, VE have not put up as tough a fight as the otehr alliances. I fully expect your allies to jump in and fight with you.

Apologies if I was a little hostile in my response to you.

*yawn*

some might even say holding alliances in reserve is a tactic, like say, holding a sizable peace mode reserve back. . .