Get your warslots here!!!

Slayer99

Slayer, We didnt talk much, but I was a in Sparta govt when you were in power. I was also a Spartan diplomat to TPF during TPFs engagement with Sparta. I encourage you not to make a brash decision. Things may not look good for TPF right now, but after the storm settles things will go back to normal.

If you do quit, I think you will be back :P

GL in RL mate.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This, amongst the other similar threads makes me think that the "if I can't play my way, I'm taking my ball and going home" mentality has really taken over. Anyway - good luck to you Slayer in real life I suppose - though I would find it easier to believe you if this weren't something that you'd been dealing with long before this war...

I'll miss you Slayer, for real.

You're an awesome guy. And yeah, you pissed a lot of people off in your tenure on planet bob, but you never changed course or strayed from your principles, and it's hard to not respect that.

Enjoy real life, man. Your kid's lucky to have as dedicated a dad as you.

This, amongst the other similar threads makes me think that the "if I can't play my way, I'm taking my ball and going home" mentality has really taken over. Anyway - good luck to you Slayer in real life I suppose - though I would find it easier to believe you if this weren't something that you'd been dealing with long before this war...

I suggest you check the facts.

1. I stepped down from gov at a similar time last year for similar reasons. This year the stakes are higher as my son is in high school and he needs an occasional boot to the rear to ensure he keeps his grades up. Nobody cares about middle-school transcripts.

2. I orchestrated the Elysium fold-in to bring in mhawk as my successor.

3. I have been mostly inactive since baseball season started and other than spring break where my son was out-of-town, I've seldom been on IRC or on the forums.

The bottom line is that CN is a huge time sink I've been trying to get away from for a LONG time. I only stuck around for the big bang...what's the use of having all the pretty toys if I can't use them? ;)

This isn't meant directly for slayer, but if all the leaders of the hegemony alliances bail once the NPO goes down, i call you all cowards. You banded together with the biggest for protection and then you bail once you lose power. what could be more cowardly. this is when your alliances will need you the most. This is when you will be truly tested as a leader.

This isn't meant directly for slayer, but if all the leaders of the hegemony alliances bail once the NPO goes down, i call you all cowards. You banded together with the biggest for protection and then you bail once you lose power. what could be more cowardly. this is when your alliances will need you the most. This is when you will be truly tested as a leader.

Honestly, I think the next 6 months to a year will be a very exciting time to be an alliance leader. Post-war there will be tons of political opportunities and jockeying for position. If I had the time to be active, it would be fun. Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on perspective), I do not.

Exactly my thought.

But now that he is leaving the game, what is the use of saying that. Just wish him a good luck and happy real life.

This is only a game after all. Out of character, he is a good father who loves his family.

Good luck, Slayer. I might never like your character in CN, but I wish you the best in your life.

Well, as your official designated number 2 guy (per L'Eponge) you know I wish you the best. We didn't always agree, well, in fact we almost never did, but we always worked together. I think that like Ivan before you, no player has had as singular impact on the way that this game is played. And like Ivan, I don't think that is entirely a positive thing and it certainly is a mixed bag but still meaningful. For the journey though, this game is better for your having pushed the envelope of gameplay, even if only to retract it by the collective will. IC or OOC people can hate on you, which I KNOW you enjoy, but they can not deny your impact.

Be well my friend, you've always been there for me in RL, and I know your values and commitment drive you forward.

OBM

Well, as your official designated number 2 guy (per L'Eponge) you know I wish you the best. We didn't always agree, well, in fact we almost never did, but we always worked together. I think that like Ivan before you, no player has had as singular impact on the way that this game is played. And like Ivan, I don't think that is entirely a positive thing and it certainly is a mixed bag but still meaningful. For the journey though, this game is better for your having pushed the envelope of gameplay, even if only to retract it by the collective will. IC or OOC people can hate on you, which I KNOW you enjoy, but they can not deny your impact.

Be well my friend, you've always been there for me in RL, and I know your values and commitment drive you forward.

OBM

Thanks OBM.

My only regret was finishing #2 to Bilrow in your "Most-loathed" poll! :)