Get your warslots here!!!

Slayer99

Are you under the false impression that the Karma coalition does not hand out terms beyond white peace? The term Karma itself refers to a certain "goes around comes around" logic. So don't be surprised when TPF gets a taste of their own medicine.
no i am not under that false impression, i prefer to think of it as calling your bluff.

when karma rolls out the harsh terms which they inevitably will, it will set a harsh precedent for future wars. karma will continue to play the victim (just like npo has for all these years), they will continue to justify their actions each time the situation occurs (just like npo), in the end absolutely nothing will have changed.

thats all fine and dandy except for the fact that one of karmas biggest selling points is that theyre bringing 'change'

ps: tpf has long advocated against practices like ezi, pzi, and even went to bat for fan. the fact is they wont get a taste of their 'own medicine' theyll get a taste of this karma pseudo-justice, which simply means the collective rage of all the whiners in the cyberverse, regardless of true moral justice. its a damn shame.

Edited by Kevin Cash

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ps: tpf has long advocated against practices like ezi, pzi

I don't know about that. I seem to remember that when NoV surrendered and disbanded, there were two members who were not given those terms. Now whether they were pursued vigorously or not I don't exactly know but the point stands that they were denied terms which in practice would be the same as PZI.

I don't know about that. I seem to remember that when NoV surrendered and disbanded, there were two members who were not given those terms. Now whether they were pursued vigorously or not I don't exactly know but the point stands that they were denied terms which in practice would be the same as PZI.
care to back it up with evidence instead of vague memories from long ago? perhaps some names would be cool?

and at any rate, if the only pzi you can think of is back from the nov war, and considering the vast number of people slayer has gotten off pzi since then, even going to bat for fan... well, i just think its silly to be arguing in his departure thread that his alliance is the bane of all cn. seriously, the worst any of you have got is something that happened years ago? give me a break.

if im not mistaken, one of the recurring excuses used by former hegemony now karma alliances is that 'people reform.' tpf has quite clearly reformed. yet you will not afford them the same luxuries you afforded others... why? is it because the only thing you see as 'reform' is if they don't stand on the other side of the fence? this is ridiculous.

care to back it up with evidence instead of vague memories from long ago? perhaps some names would be cool?

Sure. Here's the surrender terms

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=31544

The base NoV membership later found out that the two members who terms were not being given to were Chiftelos and Ludwig Erhard.

and at any rate, if the only pzi you can think of is back from the nov war, and considering the vast number of people slayer has gotten off pzi since then

Vast numbers? I can think of maybe two. Vast indeed...

well, i just think its silly to be arguing in his departure thread that his alliance is the bane of all cn.

Slayer and TPF have done many questionable things, It only makes sense that they are brought up in his departure thread.

seriously, the worst any of you have got is something that happened years ago? give me a break.

It was roughly a year ago. Clearly you didn't see the CB TPF used to hit NoV with. It involved "questionable" members who had been removed from the alliance for many, many months as well. TPF themselves set the precedent that time is irrelevant in such matters.

if im not mistaken, one of the recurring excuses used by former hegemony now karma alliances is that 'people reform.' tpf has quite clearly reformed.

I see no evidence of a reformation.

fok signed off on those terms, and they were hailed on the first page by gremlins and sparta, i assume other members of continuum were also seen doing the same in the later pages of that thread.

no reps were required, a standard 'dont re-enter the conflict' was issued, which leaves the last thing... they were told to disband. is that such a bad thing for an alliance that was abused by wn/ws supporters to be a front for their recruitment activities? you cannot claim that their screening capabilities were flawless, it is incredibly easy for a person to lie and insert themselves wherever they may please. i believe it was a case of that popular meme, 'sad but necessary.'

as for the two members? they werent forced to quit the game they could have very very easily rerolled and nobody would know the difference. if they chose to pick up their toys and leave, it is not slayers fault, and suggesting that it is is absurd.

so, what we have, is one instance that happened nearly a year ago. and how many has slayer gotten off since then? certainly more than two, maybe only two that were well publicized but behind the scenes much more, i didn't even know he was batting for fan until i saw atrophis pay his respects.

i think you're just angry and butthurt and unable to forgive when someone has obviously changed his ways... i know your stubborn type, and i know its not worth continuing this ridiculous argument.

fok signed off on those terms, and they were hailed on the first page by gremlins and sparta, i assume other members of continuum were also seen doing the same in the later pages of that thread.

So? That's not the reason I posted the link. You asked for examples and I supplied one.

no reps were required, a standard 'dont re-enter the conflict' was issued, which leaves the last thing... they were told to disband.

Also not the point of me posting the link though it would have been rather funny of them to ask reps to a disbanded alliance.

is that such a bad thing for an alliance that was abused by wn/ws supporters to be a front for their recruitment activities?

Why yes, yes it is. And the whole "recruitment activities" thing was never confirmed or proven anyway.

you cannot claim that their screening capabilities were flawless, it is incredibly easy for a person to lie and insert themselves wherever they may please.

And so the alliance deserved to me destroyed for it? I can think of other alliances (like TPF) that have had the same issues and yet here they stand today. Well, TPF is kinda limping right about now but you get the point.

as for the two members? they werent forced to quit the game they could have very very easily rerolled and nobody would know the difference. if they chose to pick up their toys and leave, it is not slayers fault, and suggesting that it is is absurd.

I didn't say they were forced to quit the game. Are you unable to keep the the subject/point at hand? I showed an example of how TPF practiced PZI without calling it such.

so, what we have, is one instance that happened nearly a year ago. and how many has slayer gotten off since then? certainly more than two, maybe only two that were well publicized but behind the scenes much more, i didn't even know he was batting for fan until i saw atrophis pay his respects.

Please provide proof of this "vast" amount of people saved from PZI/EZI. Turnabout is fair play is it not?

*edit

Sorry Revan. I was writing up this post as you posted.

Edited by Captain Flinders

Ok, I will do my best here not to flamebait etc.

There were a few options given to NoV by Slayer et al. in July once the new trium came about: disband, change the theme, or continue to fight. Fighting wasn't really a viable option, and no one really wanted to make an alliance that would be stigmatized as "NoV 2.0". So we disbanded, and those who wanted to continue the fight did so elsewhere. Is NoV's disbandment entirely Slayer's fault? No, but he is not blameless. We can bicker and argue about how justified that war was until the cows come home, we won't agree. In any case, what cannot be disputed is that most of us went to ZI and stayed in peace mode for months as a result of that war. Now, those of us who might be a little unhappy with that are here saying that we do not beleive that he improved the quality of the game for anyone involved. I'm always down for a good war, but the circumstances left a bad taste with me. Anyway.

Slayer, I do not agree with the way you played this game. I wish you the best of luck in the game of life.