Get your warslots here!!!

Slayer99

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sad to see you go, Slayer. You were one of the few people who gave me a good impression of TPF back in my Legion days...a good enough impression that I ended up there. ;)

Nevertheless, RL>CN, as always. Good luck to your son! Definitely kick his $@! about school.

I can't believe the people flaming you for leaving. Give the guy a break, he is going help his son. I understand if you don't like someone for bringing their OOC lives into IC (aka Nazis) but not liking the guy OOC for his IC actions is ridiculous.

I'm not going to lie, I don't like TPF at all, but you never seemed like to bad of a guy even though I never met you. Sad to see you depart. You are one of those people I will always see as a powerful guy IC. Hopefully you will be back one day.

Also, while a lot of people didn't like your nazi war, I didn't have a problem with it. Even if it is bringing people's OOC lives into the game, I supported that war. I don't like Nazis, if we had another war such as WWII I would enlist in a heartbeat (once I reach age of course), and I NEVER want to be associated with those type of people.

Edited by menwearpink135

I can't believe the people flaming you for leaving. Give the guy a break, he is going help his son. I understand if you don't like someone for bringing their OOC lives into IC (aka Nazis) but not liking the guy OOC for his IC actions is ridiculous.

He is a thick skinned adult, I'm sure he can take a bit of ribbing from some randoms on the internet. Don't be so sensitive :P

In case you haven't quite grasped the concept of role-playing, that was the character I constructed for myself. My IC character shares few similarities with my OOC self.

Actors always love playing the bad guy....and it's something I enjoyed immensely. Part of role-playing for me was taking on a different persona and having FUN doing it. Isn't that the point?

You know what? This is horse-pucky, pure and simple. Your problem wasnt being a bloodthirsty lunatic IC, that is not unusual at all. The reason people hate *you* in particular is because you declared a war without *any* IC case being made, then compounded that error by launching the most vile and libelous OOC assault in the history of this game on a group of dozens if not hundreds of innocent people, mostly kids, as if you thought that was the same thing.

If you have finally learned to seperate IC and OOC great for you, and better late than never.

But if spending more time with your kid means inculcating the same callous disregard for other people you demonstrated in that episode he'd be better off without you.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

But if spending more time with your kid means inculcating the same callous disregard for other people you demonstrated in that episode he'd be better off without you.

I've heard a lot of garbage on this forum in the past few months and ignored it but even I have to respond to that. Thats bang out of order and I'm glad I'm getting out too if thats whats this place is coming to.

Never knew you but irrespective of that, enjoy retirement with your son and gratis for your contribution to making CN a bit more of an interesting place.

My momma taught me that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. I am currently exercising that right.

Good luck with RL and your family life because those really are the most important things in life.

This is why he doesn't deserve a friendly goodbye.

Indeed. I usually bite my tongue if I have nothing good to say in these threads but when you have to build a CB by playing internet detective and using your findings to try and belittle your enemies, you should just get out.

I got to know you as becoming HoFA, my only regret is that I didn't get to work with you long. It has been great getting to know you and I wish your son luck. I know how the grades go, I get tempted myself not to do it and I'm sure with all those great fun with baseball, he can forget too. We all need a kick in the butt when it comes to grades.

Just get him into a habit of it and he'll learn. :)

It has been great and see you around.

Slayer,

I cant tell you how many times we have butted heads or you told me to take it easy. You put up with my crazy ideas and actually listened to them on occasion.

I am glad I got to know you and I really hope your son does well. You know you can call me anytime for baseball help. Tell him to slow down his delivery and focus on balance, but balance is key.

Keep it real.

-Stu

You know what? This is horse-pucky, pure and simple. Your problem wasnt being a bloodthirsty lunatic IC, that is not unusual at all. The reason people hate *you* in particular is because you declared a war without *any* IC case being made, then compounded that error by launching the most vile and libelous OOC assault in the history of this game on a group of dozens if not hundreds of innocent people, mostly kids, as if you thought that was the same thing.

If you have finally learned to seperate IC and OOC great for you, and better late than never.

I've addressed this before and I'll do it once again.

First, I wasn't the detective...there were more than a few people in more than a few alliances. I was just the clearinghouse of intel because I had been the most vocal.

Secondly, tying 2 internet pseudonyms together and calling a spade a spade is not libel. I was threatened with a libel suit...but you know what? A libel suit opens the suing party up for discovery which I could have requested and obtained far more personal information than 2 internet psuedonyms as a part of my defense. So be careful when making wild accusations...especially since we didn't reveal any RL names or identities.

As for your last comment, apparently it's you that have taken this game too seriously.

As for your last comment, apparently it's you that have taken this game too seriously.

So speaks the one who went on a paranoid "nazi purge" and had a CB that wasn't even fit to be posted on these forums, let alone in the "In Character" section.

Good riddance. You made the game interesting, but in a way I would rather have not ever have encountered.

A libel suit opens the suing party up for discovery which I could have requested and obtained far more personal information than 2 internet psuedonyms as a part of my defense.

And they would have responded in kind.

This has me wondering: What skeletons are in your closet? You should at least be willing to be frank about those before chasing after someone else's.

So be careful when making wild accusations...especially since we didn't reveal any RL names or identities.

Well now, that's just a lie.

I've addressed this before and I'll do it once again.

You can *address* it all you want, it wont go away. It was something to be ashamed of for the rest of your life.

First, I wasn't the detective...there were more than a few people in more than a few alliances. I was just the clearinghouse of intel because I had been the most vocal.

A "clearinghouse" for lies and random hallucinations? Is that supposed to make you less culpable?

Secondly, tying 2 internet pseudonyms together and calling a spade a spade is not libel.

But what you did is. Fortunately for you none of the children you attacked appear to have money to spare for lawyers though.

So be careful when making wild accusations...especially since we didn't reveal any RL names or identities.

You did the latter, and the former is advice you should have listened to... a long time ago.

Hmmm you sound like this guy guy I grew up with's Dad, actually. He would cheat any way he could for his kid, just ridiculous stuff, and when he got called out for it he said the *other* people were taking the game too seriously.

I'm not taking the game seriously here. *You took this out of the game.*

I have to agree with most of the people here, and say that what you did to NoV was completely wrong. I've hated you and your alliance's practices ever since then, and I'm glad to say good riddance. CN doesn't need another incident like that to tarnish its name.

Seriously, if you have to look around on the internet for dirt on someone so you can get an edge on them in an internet game, well...

Edited by AzureShadow

And they would have responded in kind.

This has me wondering: What skeletons are in your closet? You should at least be willing to be frank about those before chasing after someone else's.

So having ties to white supremacist groups is not something to be proud of?

Well now, that's just a lie.

Who's RL identity did we expose? Nobody's. There's only one RL name that we knew and we didn't expose that pseudonym because it easily tied back to his RL identity. In fact, Thor was the one that exposed it, not myself or anyone tied to us.