IRAN Announcement

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Through the use of hypnotic regression therapy, I have discovered that in a past life on Planet Bob I was known as Boneroller. I was apparently an original member of the Independent Republic of Armed Nations (IRAN) and served as Triumvir of Foreign Affairs. I was also the author of both versions of its charter, more commonly referred to as "that ridiculous piece of crap".

I agree, the lack of a clear line of succession in such a scenario is a potentially fatal flaw and something that should have been addressed when I wrote it. I can only plead inexperience, since it was the first (and only) charter I ever authored and I never envisioned that such a turn would come to pass. Oh well, such is the blissful ignorance of youth on Planet Bob. Given recent events, if I ever had occasion to create another such document, you can be assured that the issue would be clearly defined.

Please don't think I was looking to single out your charter as being particularly bad due to this one flaw. As I said before, I'm sure there are a great many charters out there which similarly lack a clear line of succession to deal with possibilities such as this. It's easy to throw mud at something in hindsight, but far more difficult to create from scratch a forward-thinking, all-encompassing document which fully addresses any and all possibilities perfectly. As I also said previously, it just so happened that this particular flaw manifested in the worst possible way: only two acting triums completely opposed to one another in the middle of a major worldwide crisis. Combined with the absurdly public circus sideshow that ensued, a particularly bright light was cast on this one part of this one charter.

I'm sure the charter as a whole was perfectly fine. Under any other circumstances, the loophole wouldn't have even been a big deal. So don't beat yourself up too much, I don't think you deserve it.

I am the former MoFA for The House of Lords. An alliance none of you have most likely heard of. We, for our own reasons, decided to abstain from this war. It was discussed with the allies that were involved, and everything was declared good. A few days before Batallion began posting all of his IRAN drama, he queried me while I was away. I returned after he'd left, and then proceeded to track him down the following day. At this point he verbally attacked me for not engaging in our allies defense (even though our ally DoW'd, and was fine without our support). In my experience, between my encounters and what I've witnessed here, Batallion is a terrible leader. Know this, IRAN, I am a solo individual. No alliance, no support. However, I offer my full support and troops to those whom fight Batallion. I don't know what started this little civil war, but he needs to leave or be kicked off. I know little of Mogar beyond his apparent trollishness, but he seems decent enough in IRC. ManBearPig, however, I have a lot of contact with, and he is a superb individual. I refute your claim that he would set you up in this manner. I think it's below him. You were Triumvir of IRAN. You should have held that position with honour. You clearly lack that, and should commit seppuku. I don't know where much of your alliance stands, as I think everything to be emitted from your mouth is filth, but I pray you have no support.

tl;dr: he's an attention whore who needs to be cast out and cast aside. I apologize for my rambling..

As a man in my nation once said "A government must not waiver once it has chosen it's course. It must not look to the left or right but go forward. "

[OOC Google it, Battalion, or for anyone that want to know the reality behind battalions actions]

edit: ah i didnt see it was already revealed above

Edited by auto98

It turns out that Batallion is, himself, a reincarnation of a former Planet Bob denizen who went by the name of Otto von Bismarck of the alliance Prussia. Apparently, Otto had some serious personal problems with TPF, other alliances, and with Mhawk especially. Batallion was frankly terrified that if a TPF advisor had access to our forums, that his former identity might be discovered and some measure of retribution taken against him.

Wow this is news to me. I think any credibility that Battalion might have had, just went out the window. I guess this is why Battalion doesn't want to split off from IRAN and start a new alliance. Because Prussia was such a blooming success XD

02:26:52 <Batallion>: we managed to coordinate a 3-way break-off flank attack on our enemies

Is that like running whilst randomly shooting a machine gun, jumping through a window and reloading at the same time, landing in some conveniently placed empty cardboard boxes, getting up and capping some unwitting villain while his guns jammed then creeping up on his friends to finish them off all sneaky like?

Can someone explain what a "3-way break-off flank attack" is, and more importantly where I can buy one?

Good luck with this, whatever this may be :huh:

EDIT*

Even a "3-way break-off flank attack" Will not help you and yours bill n ted. ;)

Instead of telling me what will and will not help me why not let me make my own mind up? Anyway's, I searched for "3-way break-off flank attack" on the most popular search engine in Excellent Adventures (AskKevin.excellent) and found this self explanatory picture:

12-3-07futurama-prof-farnsworth.jpg

As can be seen, the Professor has concluded that a "3-way break-off flank attack" is steaming hot dark matter....

Edited by bill n ted

In regards to this topic. I think you guys really need to consider how you do things at this point. Civil war should definitely be scratched off that list.

Is that like running whilst randomly shooting a machine gun, jumping through a window and reloading at the same time, landing in some conveniently placed empty cardboard boxes, getting up and capping some unwitting villain while his guns jammed then creeping up on his friends to finish them off all sneaky like?

Can someone explain what a "3-way break-off flank attack" is, and more importantly where I can buy one?

Even a "3-way break-off flank attack" Will not help you and yours bill n ted. ;)

Edited by Blacky

Thanks Bone . . err Joe Izuzu for the the input and info. I wasn't aware of Batallion's past life either, but it does shed even more light on him and his actions.

For those who didn't know, yesterday afternoon Batallion attacked Mogar. Some external nations wanted to attack Batallion in response, but IRAN government members worked feverishly on irc last night persuading them to refrain and let us try to resolve the matter internally. Before the update (and Mogar's inevitable nuclear response) Mogar accepted peace from Batallion. Batallion has left IRAN on his own initiative and not in response to any demand from anyone in IRAN, and joined FAN (whether or not with their permission is their concern).

We in IRAN hope this brings an end to our recent internal drama and that we can get on with the more important business of restoring our alliance's physical damage, and hopefully its reputation as well.

Edit: for clarity

Edited by bibliophile

Thanks Bone . . err Joe Izuzu for the the input and info. I wasn't aware of Batallion's past life either, but it does shed even more light on him and his actions.

For those who didn't know, yesterday afternoon Batallion attacked Mogar. Some external nations wanted to attack Batallion in response, but IRAN government members worked feverishly on irc last night persuading them to refrain and let us try to resolve the matter internally. Before the update (and Mogar's inevitable nuclear response) Mogar accepted peace from Batallion. Batallion has left IRAN on his own initiative and not in response to any demand from anyone in IRAN, and joined FAN (whether or not with their permission is their concern).

We in IRAN hope this brings an end to our recent internal drama and that we can get on with the more important business of restoring our alliance's physical damage, and hopefully its reputation as well.

Edit: for clarity

Nicely done gents, nicely done.

You know what, after wasting my time reading this thread. I completely think you guys should reform your whole entire Government. MBP is the only one who should even have a chance at being in the Triumvir. Now I do support Mogar. Although I do think this has gone one to long. You guys have no: patience, karma, moral, loyalty or unity. You have shown planet bob why your alliance should be disbanded.

Sincerely the thoughts of Tick1. They do not reflect the views of my alliance.