I honestly can't wait...

WarriorConcept

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be nice to see lots of smaller alliances, without a mess of treaties.

Wouldn't it make things worse, especially if existing alliances fracture? MicroAlliance A and B get together..then join up with C..and then in response we get the Federation of D, E, F, and G. H then gets caught spying by the first bloc, I sticks up for them, and J gets stomped for being a neutral menace..

Or am I just up too late thinking of stuff?

The great irony , is replacing a hegemony of few with the hegemony of the masses.

Of course, a hegemony must posess some form of direction, and thus I question what the current direction is.

Towards a national community not unlike today IRL?

Pure political anarchy.

hm.

Edited by caligula

The great irony , is replacing a hegemony of few with the hegemony of the masses.

It's generally a truism that a political movement defining itself by its opposition to an existing power or structure tends to fall apart once that structure or power no longer exists to oppose.

So the real question is, does the current "movement" represent something which has its own goals, ideals, and concepts that will remain long after this war ends? Or is it merely a direct response to the existing power structure, and will begin to crumble shortly after the enemy does?

IS there a "hegemony of the masses"? Or simply an oppressed underclass striking back at what it perceives to be its oppressors, using ideology as a weapon, but defining itself solely by its opposition to the enemy? Will the general sense of good-will and camaraderie that seems to exist on the Karma side remain after the war (assuming they win!), leading to an entirely new era of peace, love, and understanding? Or will the winners be falling over each other to place the knife in their allies' spines as fast as possible, hoping to claim one of the spots at the top that have been vacated?

ARE we looking at a complete paradigm shift? Or is it ultimately going to become a case of "meet the new boss, same as the old boss"?

And if the NPO and their allies win, will they learn a lesson from the revolt against them, and change their general policy to one that provokes less hostility and anger? Or will they become even more draconian in their desire for revenge, and to guarantee no one can ever threaten their rule again?

I don't have an answer to those questions. But I definitely think it will be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks and months.

I was actually hoping we'd see a bunch of mergers :/ But it should be interesting to see what new powers rise from the ashses. I suspect we're going to see plenty of disbandments from this war, including a couple from former top-25 alliances.

This. Basically.

Although, I dont know if you'll see may disbandments as you will down-sizing from the big alliances. I think TOP-Gramlins-etc. set the standard for CN for now. Small, tight-knit, elite alliances. Should be interesting...

More interesting than the new alliances will be the new precedents of war and peace. Standards are dying with this war.

Yes, because Karma has truly shown themselves to be different than the Hegemony... :lol:

I hate to say it, but I agree with the sig of a Pacifican: WaPropaganda.png

Too many alliances already honestly. It is becoming increasingly hard to keep up with them all, if it grows, it will take a full time job to track them all.

As such I am honestly hoping for some mergers, and fragmentation of not a big scale. Maybe renovation of current alliances, but not splitting ups as really this world is already populated with a nice number of alliances.

Edited by Branimir

This. Basically.

Although, I dont know if you'll see may disbandments as you will down-sizing from the big alliances. I think TOP-Gramlins-etc. set the standard for CN for now. Small, tight-knit, elite alliances. Should be interesting...

nah, such a community as TOP and Gremlins are really only wanted by a few. most tend towards mass alliances and i perfectly understand that as i was in a mass alliance for most of my CN career.

I am going to predict the merging of some alliances as well as micro-alliances being formed from the larger alliances. We have already seen MAD break loose from Echelon (yes even i thought that was pathetic and i don't even like Echelon). According to Magicman, IRAN and UF wanna merge. so i personally think it will be a mixture.

afterwards, i feel that we will see the rise of more blocs and bloc-bloc treaties. but there would be no true Hegemony as there is today.

Yes, because Karma has truly shown themselves to be different than the Hegemony... :lol: [/img]

Do you seriously expect Karma to last until after the war? That's the only way it could develop into a new Hegemony, and the premise is a laughable one at that.

My personal thought is, we'll see more micro alliances not less. Simply put the guys who are set to lose this war are the ones small alliances were (justifiably) afraid of. Guys like MK, Polar, and the entire Citadel aren't the guys who attack small alliances in tech raids. Their internal moral doesn't depend on an external threat like that.

Whether or not this will be good for the game, I am not sure. It can't be worse that what we have had over the past year though.

nah, such a community as TOP and Gremlins are really only wanted by a few. most tend towards mass alliances and i perfectly understand that as i was in a mass alliance for most of my CN career.

I'm not so sure about that. You look at those alliances and note they didn't even have to recruit and got to 150 or 200 nations. That is amazing. Then you look at alliances such as IRON and NPO who send each new nation 7 messages within 10 minutes and they should be a lot bigger, just based on probability. But I do think on the global scale that people are migrating away from the mega-alliances. I know I did, and many others I've talked to are planning on it... May just be a random sample though... I honestly don't know. So as I said, It should be interesting.

My personal thought is, we'll see more micro alliances not less. Simply put the guys who are set to lose this war are the ones small alliances were (justifiably) afraid of. Guys like MK, Polar, and the entire Citadel aren't the guys who attack small alliances in tech raids. Their internal moral doesn't depend on an external threat like that.

Whether or not this will be good for the game, I am not sure. It can't be worse that what we have had over the past year though.

I agree with Random... as I usually do. I wish there would be less alliances, but I really think people will gravitate to smaller communities.

We should all be careful what we wish for.

Edit -> Damn, double post... I suck.

Edited by Wu Tang Clan

Do you seriously expect Karma to last until after the war? That's the only way it could develop into a new Hegemony, and the premise is a laughable one at that.

Karma indeed is too large and too diverse to form into a single entity. But is unavoidable that some big fractions will come out of it, and the destiny of the largest is to be determined as the "new ruling class". I am sure that the fractions coming out of this war from the "karma" side will keep a close and friendly relations, at start.

As such the first while of the post war era shall be shaped by "karma" so to say and really it is only natural that it does.

Karma indeed is too large and too diverse to form into a single entity. But is unavoidable that some big fractions will come out of it, and the destiny of the largest is to be determined as the "new ruling class". I am sure that the fractions coming out of this war from the "karma" side will keep a close and friendly relations, at start.

As such the first while of the post war era shall be shaped by "karma" so to say and really it is only natural that it does.

My prediction is that those fractions will simply be the blocs within Karma that already were. Citadel, LEO, C&G, Superfriends, etc.

My prediction is that those fractions will simply be the blocs within Karma that already were. Citadel, LEO, C&G, Superfriends, etc.

Yes, only that maybe for certain blocks line up shall be refreshed with new alliances making them bigger.