Soldier Announcement

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll take it on a case by case basis of course. :) This particular person was honest and very kind. There was no reason to hold her. I'm sure both sides will get their fair share of these people and I hope that those people will all be allowed to join nuetral alliances if they so desire.

Edit: Meh nevermind

Edited by Jens of the desert

Honorable move, Soldier, whatever your motives may be.

eh, I disagree.

I don't believe the ends justify the means, nor do I believe something can be honourable without considering the motives.

If they did this out of genuine kindness, then they have my respect. If they did this to pick up some cheap PR points, then it's not nearly the same thing.

Hizzy can you tell me why Soldier would need PR points? Sure we're on the "wrong" side of the war. We had treaty obligations. This person said they were not interested in war or politics and didn't even know about the war until she was attacked. I can't justify keeping someone like that. No one could.

This is a policy statement that we aren't gonna keep people sitting needlessly at PoW status for months while we're at war. I seriously don't think it's fair and if I was in her position I don't think I'd like it one bit if I were made to sit there with no community for months. Odds are in that case a younger nation would quit. I'm not out to do that to people.

Honestly, if I had just heard about this like would have naturally happened, I would have been impressed with Soldier. Since magicninja tried to use it to get public support, none of that.

Honorable move for entering the war, funny that someone surrendered to you.

We'll take it on a case by case basis of course. :) This particular person was honest and very kind. There was no reason to hold her. I'm sure both sides will get their fair share of these people and I hope that those people will all be allowed to join nuetral alliances if they so desire.

She? Did you ask for pics in exchange for a protectorate?

Honestly, if I had just heard about this like would have naturally happened, I would have been impressed with Soldier. Since magicninja tried to use it to get public support, none of that.

Honorable move for entering the war, funny that someone surrendered to you.

I didn't realize Soldier news spread so far and wide. When Karma announces good terms it's said to be honorable and great. Soldier announces we'll release PoW's if they want to go to a neutral alliance and it's the end of the world?

Don't start getting into the habit of creating double standards to suit yourself. We all see how that ends up.

Edited by magicninja

I didn't realize Soldier news spread so far and wide. When Karma announces good terms it's said to be honorable and great. Soldier announces we'll release PoW's if they want to go to a neutral alliance and it's the end of the world?

Its the way you worded it, its comes across as bragging (and I'm pretty sure it is) especially since you don't actually mention this applies to anyone who may want to surrender to you.

Still, nicely done I guess.

Its the way you worded it, its comes across as bragging (and I'm pretty sure it is) especially since you don't actually mention this applies to anyone who may want to surrender to you.

Still, nicely done I guess.

I'm pretty sure the second paragraph conveys our overall stance.

Yes I was bragging we got the firs surrender. :P (In the surrender thread anyway. I mean who woulda thought it would be us? I'm actually quite proud even if in the end it will be meaningless. At least we got that one small piece of a bit of victory, If even for a moment.)

eh, I disagree.

I don't believe the ends justify the means, nor do I believe something can be honourable without considering the motives.

If they did this out of genuine kindness, then they have my respect. If they did this to pick up some cheap PR points, then it's not nearly the same thing.

It's not about whether his motives were good or not, it's that he made a public announcement for 1 pow release. It's just screaming "look at me i'm a good guy".

This is a policy statement that we aren't gonna keep people sitting needlessly at PoW status for months while we're at war.

This is not the focus of the announcement. There was one sentence where you mentioned it and the rest was about how awesome you are for letting that nation go and how undefined other alliances have different policies. +1 for the policy. -1 for tooting your own horn.

This is not the focus of the announcement. There was one sentence where you mentioned it and the rest was about how awesome you are for letting that nation go and how undefined other alliances have different policies. +1 for the policy. -1 for tooting your own horn.

Meh my horns used to getting a good tooting anyway. -_-