Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly bizzare announcement. You are suspending the treaty.... why?

Because they'd be forced to hit anyone hitting NPO but Rok otherwise.

In all honestly if you choose neutrality i don't think anyone would blame you at this point.

Wow. The juxtaposition between this war and the war of the coalition is amazing. You have one Order getting ganged while the other stays out. Lots of backstabbing too (some alliances back stabbed both of the orders), and then there are those select friends that will stand at your side and fall with you.

The only difference here is that this is a lot more easier to watch.

NpO, there will always be a special place in my heart for you guys. :D BLEU was awesome.

o/ NpO

Edited by Lord Razzia

You fully respect their decision not to uphold the treaty with you guys when everyone seems to be saying they don't care to uphold your treaty? Damn Pacifica, I fought you once and found out physically but I had no idea how mentally weak you were.

Are you serious? So much for all this friends before infra crap that you've all been spouting for weeks. So we can respect our brothers decision and love them regardless, and that makes us weak?

Well I'd rather be what you'd see as weak than turn against Polaris. I also fully understand why Polar felt the need to do this.

o/ Polaris

Because they'd be forced to hit anyone hitting NPO but Rok otherwise.

In all honestly if you choose neutrality i don't think anyone would blame you at this point.

Just to clarify, we aren't obligated to defend Pacifica from the attacks they're currently enduring, as they're reactions justified by treaties to an offensive action undertaken by the Pacificans. This treaty is being seriously reviewed.

If Ragnarok is attacked, we will defend them. Same goes for STA, Valhalla, Nueva Vida, etc.

rainbowbrrd3.png

Imperial Decree

The New Polar Order prides itself on its treaties and values all of her allies. In recent times we have learned the real value of friendships and we have a select few treaties for a reason. We have many friends however that we do not hold treaties with, people who we have worked to establish a relationship, people who we have demonstrated our commitment to repair the damages of the past and who, given other circumstances we would hold treaties with.

Be extremely clear in all matters, the New Polar Order supports her allies and we will defend them as per the treaties we hold.

Of course there are situations that arise that conflict strongly with the outlook of Polaris and our commitment to fair play, justice and plain common courtesy. Some time ago we were removed from a treaty bloc for poor communications and for various other reasons which don't belong in this thread, we were punished and so we were forced to review our standings. We have re-modeled our alliance, at great cost, and I believe that most of CN views us positively.

Today, I have received information from a number of people re the conduct of the New Pacific Order in this current conflict with Ordo Verde. I can overlook many things and still support someone, but pending further investigations of the facts to hand, the New Polar Order hereby suspends all treaties and obligations to the New Pacific Order.

I swore to defend under the terms of my treaty, our obligations in the strictest terms finished when the NPO attacked. I still vowed we would attack anyone blind-siding them, band wagoning or otherwise. As our treaty is now suspended, we reserve the right to investigate further the actions as pertain to this matter and during this time we reserve the right to avoid any obligations previously promised if we so choose.

For those clamoring to the top of the hill, the New Polar Order does not support you either. This is not our war, not our agenda and of very little interest to us, except where it directly impacts our allies. Do not seek our approval or support, you will not get it. The Orders will never fight each other directly whilst I am Emperor.

This is a difficult time for all parties concerned and I look forward to the re-establishment of ties with our brothers in due course.

o/ Polaris

It's kind of like... NPO is the jock brother with the mullet and the Camaro and NpO is the cool brother that knows where to get beer and other party favors. Much respect should be given to Polaris for this course of action.

Well I'd rather be what you'd see as weak than turn against Polaris. I also fully understand why Polar felt the need to do this.

o/ Polaris

Damn right you do. You sold us out when we needed you most, so now we've just swapped places. I do hope that Grub jumps into surrender talks and insists on making Proko your viceroy.

Is he being sarcastic?

Sarcasm is such a wasted medium on these forums. I will give you a tip, follow along if you can. The NPO and the NpO share a long history, I will not engage the New Pacific Order in any type of warfare. If they are to be punished for their sins, far be it for me to judge them and even further be it for me to be part of the process. I mean what I say and I say what I mean.

Polaris is not a part of the moral outrage, up until today we would have gone to great lengths to honour our treaty. Polaris is not a bunch of scum bag opportunists waiting to rub Pacifica's nose in it for the perceptions of the past. We signed a treaty in good faith and we suspended it in good faith, believing some of the actions of the New Pacific Order in recent days to be in direct conflict with our conscience and stand. Do not read more into it than that, they have access to my channel and to my forums as they always did, the communication lines are open. Our treaty is on hold for now, if we are the last ones with ties to them, so be it but I am not walking away just yet.

Honour is tossed around fairly lightly on these forums, Polaris intends to act with honour and dignity and I will state again clearly, the agenda of others is not ours. This war is not really of our concern, we are not marching against anyone unless they screw with our allies in a manner outlined in our treaty details.

As far as I'm concerned, the NPO hanged us out to dry due to petty political games between ours and their leadership at the time. A wise decision to repay them with exactly what they did to us. O/ Grub.

This is a principled stand by the last great alliance.

In a time when everyone else is wrestling in the mud, Polar stands above the fray with mild disdain for it and a certainty that it will retain its dignity and the respect it has earned over years of doing the right thing (and not necessarily the popular or safe one).

This is a principled stand by the last great alliance.

In a time when everyone else is wrestling in the mud, Polar stands above the fray with mild disdain for it and a certainty that it will retain its dignity and the respect it has earned over years of doing the right thing (and not necessarily the popular or safe one).

LOL you're kidding, right? :rolleyes:

Very foolish move, polar. NPO served you up on a platter to its parasites. That they didn't declare directly is irrelevant.

Oh well you suckled that teat too so no big deal, but this is still foolish.

Am I the only one that finds it somewhat sad that everyone on Planet Bob is doing their darndest to bury NPO? I'm all for justice/retribution/whatever other crap you want to call this, but honestly, I hate to see the whole damn world turn against one group. @_@ Not sure if anyone deserves that, unless they, I don't know, decided to DDoS the CN servers or something. :(

I don't think this is the thread to bring up the unfairness of isolating one alliance for a curbstomp. Back in August last year your alliance and many others had no issue with such things occurring. ;)

This is not at all an isolation tactic. NpO had every intention of honouring the defensive clause of our treaty with Pacifica up until the attack on OV. Had Pacifica been directly attacked Polaris would have been there to defend her, as we would any other treaty partner.

However, the attack on OV was not in the spirit under which this pact was first made, it was not in the spirit of the more open and communicative relationship Polaris looked forward to re-building when we left terms in January.

Sarcasm is such a wasted medium on these forums. I will give you a tip, follow along if you can. The NPO and the NpO share a long history, I will not engage the New Pacific Order in any type of warfare. If they are to be punished for their sins, far be it for me to judge them and even further be it for me to be part of the process. I mean what I say and I say what I mean.

Thanks for your tip. In future, I'll only wage proxy wars or get my allies to destroy the one I really want to destroy. :lol:

Damn right you do. You sold us out when we needed you most, so now we've just swapped places. I do hope that Grub jumps into surrender talks and insists on making Proko your viceroy.

I just can't wait for some nice juicy secret terms. I have a list of suggestions if anyone is interested.

Also it barely needs to be said, but excellent move Grub. The NPO has never in their entire history been in the practice of actually talking to Polar about anything. Instead they just make assumptions. Looks to me like the NPO has, as usual, assumed too much. The Polar that stands before us all is not the one that let the NPO step all over it. The Polaris I see is one that understands and upholds the concept of honor where so many mis-use the word.