GM Position

Stormcrow

I highly object. I asked LVN to do the map simply because I am a staunch objector of Sumeragi being a mapmaker. Her blatant power-grab (as she admitted to me) frightens me to no end, and I wonder what she could have done. Simply appointing LVN without any consult to the community is laughable.

Nothing against you, LVN. I like you, but I'd like it better if we had someone who the people actually appointed.

edit: however, at least LVN won't take !@#$%^&* from anyone.. perhaps it's someone like him we need

Edited by Sargun

I highly object. I asked LVN to do the map simply because I am a staunch objector of Sumeragi being a mapmaker. Her blatant power-grab (as she admitted to me) frightens me to no end, and I wonder what she could have done. Simply appointing LVN without any consult to the community is laughable.

Nothing against you, LVN. I like you, but I'd like it better if we had someone who the people actually appointed.

I however do have something to say of LVN as GM.

In short, NO!

In length:

Nothing agaisnt you/ him, but LVN is... how to phrase this without flaming... imposing and forceful, while also being disagreeable and intrusive. He has minimal ability to compromise, and often tries to force rules on the community that would be detrimental to everyone below his NS/ tech.

Example:

-Trying to force us into that linear tech scale

--Despite consistent denial from the community as a whole, he still tries to force it on us, using his own godmodding as an example of things that can be prevented by using it, despite the fact that for someone with his tech, it puts them as modern technology, but for a lot of other people, it pushed their tech year from the eighties to the forties or fifties. Right now, he's trying to say that it would solve the tech sharing issues, and make everyone happier, while trying to make us feel like he's a victim of the harsh cruelties of CNRP's community.

Another Example:

-He flames and clearly tries to force other people from the RP

--Ever notice how every time Sumeragi, Uberstein or I (or just about anyone else for that matter) puts something into production, he goes on IC and occasionally OOC to explain to us how we are idiots for our designs, and even after giving evidence, he continues to continue saying "It's impossible".

Inversely:

-Much of the technology he claims to have is pure godmod, claiming invincibility, while he, giving no evidence to back it up, claims that it is perfect. Even after giving examples and evidence, he remains adamant that his ideas are infallible.

Despite being a good RPer in general, LVN is not a good choice for a GM, he's already biased and power grabbing, imagine when he has real power. It would be awful. Having a GM declaring his own tech to be brilliant and perfect, while declaring well researched and designed tech to be like tinfoil? Flaming and flamebaiting us into submission?Who knows?

LVN would be good as some sort of GM consultant to look at things and try to see if they would really work, other than that, I think the power is going to be used in the most biased, unfair ways possible, and I don't want to see that.

There are better choices, and Stormcrow, I beg that you look into them, please.

(PS: I know I'll get reported for flaming for righting this, but you only live once. Flaming is not my intention, but in cases like this, the truth and some speculation could easily be taken in bad light.)

(PPS: I think JEDCJT or Ranather (If you can pull him away from trivial things such as his family) would make a good GM, just saying.)

And bring on the rebuttal

Inversely:

-Much of the technology he claims to have is pure godmod, claiming invincibility, while he, giving no evidence to back it up, claims that it is perfect. Even after giving examples and evidence, he remains adamant that his ideas are infallible.

I'd have to agree with everything said so far. Also, when LVN is questioned, regarding his tech, he simply whips out the "oh I have more tech than you, accept it." line.

I am not opposed to LVN being a new GM. What this community needs is a backbone. With Sargun gone, there are few left here who are willing to stand up against bs rping and the stupid crap of some members of the community, and LVN is one of them

I am not opposed to LVN being a new GM. What this community needs is a backbone. With Sargun gone, there are few left here who are willing to stand up against bs rping and the stupid crap of some members of the community, and LVN is one of them

He also tends to sometimes create BS RP, intentionally or not.

I agree fully with Il Terra's post.

I've GM'd before.. and normally I do not want the job, but if you guys wanted someone who is balanced and will not to expand his nation in the slightest.. well.. I did try my hand at CNRPS and it did okay for an offshoot. I think I can be fair and balanced to all playing. Neh, never mind, the moment this becomes a job my desire to be around it will short-circuit.

LVN would be a good choice, but I know as soon as he goes *too far* the community will pull him back into line.

No probs with him being a GM, he's a great guy (knowing him in RL and that) and yeah, he's got a backbone for this sort of thing (<.<)

I think he'd do well.

Just as long as the power and the "I'm better than everyone else" BS doesn't get to him.

I'm not really for LVN being GM, but not against. (ITDA is on a similar line of thoughts with me). Of course, I believe we'll have more technology shootouts, given the history.

However, I AM against him being mapmaker. We should just stick with the old map, regardless of it being Euro-centric. I vote for Vince on this issue (as an unofficial mapmaker)

Edited by Sumeragi