Announcement from the Global Order of Darkness

Big Z

Where did you see me siding with TORN? I haven't sided with anyone. I merely pointed out my thoughts. Is free speech not allowed if it doesn't agree with you? You remember all those things that we say is wrong with the current hegemony? That is one of them.

But since you did mention it, my alliance does have a treaty with TORN.

I based your siding with TORN off this:

"TORN has really proven themselves over time to be lenient, gracious and honest."

I realize now, however, that was not based on the current TORN aggression to OV

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"TORN has really proven themselves over time to be lenient, gracious and honest."

Well, it was a true statement. Telling the truth isn't really picking sides. Incidentally, that fact is one of the reasons that the current deviation from their general behavior has been so concerning.

I know you are treaty partners of TORN and are kind of obliged to help them in the forum war, but GOD wouldn't be making a statement like what they did in the OP without good reason.

Again, Im not arguing the validity of the points, I take exception to the wording.

All attempts at mediation prior to the cancellation of this treaty were rebuffed "until update." The general assumption being that anyone who refuses to so much as talk until right before the accepted universal declaration time isn't jumping at the chance for diplomatic resolution. Hence the reason for the cancellations. If you'd like to discuss it any further, you know how to get a hold of me.

See my answer to Bob.

TORN was the first alliance to reach out to MK after the last war. I have constant and regular contact with them as I do with all of my allies. I would say I have a fair view of how they are.

TORN was the first alliance to reach out to MK after the last war. I have constant and regular contact with them as I do with all of my allies. I would say I have a fair view of how they are.

I understand that, I don't have the same experience with TORN as you, my view is quite different.

Could anyone explain how OV got dragged into this in the first place? No offense intended to them at all, but they don't really seem like a high profile target to single out, so I'm wondering how that even got started.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration :)

OV are tied to both Viridia and Superfriends and therefore provide a way to start a world war without having to bite the bullet and declare directly on the real enemy, thus allowing the aggressors to attempt to claim they are in a defensive war. It's like the Unjust War, but better planned.

Could anyone explain how OV got dragged into this in the first place? No offense intended to them at all, but they don't really seem like a high profile target to single out, so I'm wondering how that even got started.

The Unjust War started with an attack on BoTS. A cookie for anyone who remembers what that even stood for.

The Unjust War started with an attack on BoTS. A cookie for anyone who remembers what that even stood for.

Brotherhood of the Storm, one of the New Polar Order's MDP partners.

I think OV is quite a bit more relevant as an alliance than BoTS was, so the comparison doesn't really hold.

Brotherhood of the Storm, one of the New Polar Order's MDP partners.

I think OV is quite a bit more relevant as an alliance than BoTS was, so the comparison doesn't really hold.

Actually, it strengthens my point since the question was how someone of low relevance was dragged into the situation, and I then pointed out that historically massive war has been sparked by people of even less relevance, so it's not really surprising.

OV are tied to both Viridia and Superfriends and therefore provide a way to start a world war without having to bite the bullet and declare directly on the real enemy, thus allowing the aggressors to attempt to claim they are in a defensive war. It's like the Unjust War, but better planned.

This, as anyone that knows both OV and VE well (such as a former treaty partner and friend) could tell you, OV and Virdia have an unbreakable relationship. The quote above seems to present the situation quite well.

You know, I think this OP could have been worded a lot better. It is clearly designed to get the sharks circling at what not. If you really wanted to do it right, you could have worded it a lot more diplomatically. I am curious, did you offer to mediate between TORN and OV? TORN has really proven themselves over time to be lenient, gracious and honest.

I agree with you that it was designed to get the sharks circling. I think it was done so to get TORN to back out maybe, or to start beating the drums of war for what they precieved to be an imminant war.

I'm not so sold on your last line, but allies tend to like thier allies and often see them with rose tinted glasses in my opinion. I for example like NPO and IRON and don't think their the devils everyone has been stating they are, and don't understand why some would say the things they say.

Actually, it strengthens my point since the question was how someone of low relevance was dragged into the situation, and I then pointed out that historically massive war has been sparked by people of even less relevance, so it's not really surprising.

I believe that my point was something along the lines of OV are relevant enough to attract attention on their own merits.

I'm not so sold on your last line, but allies tend to like thier allies and often see them with rose tinted glasses in my opinion.

I would have agreed with AirMe's post before being allied with MK. TORN conducts itself with principles and honor. The thing about it is, someone could have slipped up and mistyped something and another person wishing to stir trouble could have done any amount of things with it, making TORN out to be evil space invaders. This may not be the case here, but until proof comes, nobody knows, and the OP sounds a bit barbed.

I would have agreed with AirMe's post before being allied with MK. TORN conducts itself with principles and honor. The thing about it is, someone could have slipped up and mistyped something and another person wishing to stir trouble could have done any amount of things with it, making TORN out to be evil space invaders. This may not be the case here, but until proof comes, nobody knows, and the OP sounds a bit barbed.

I can assure you its not.

Was there an answer to this question? Or just the one Bob provided?

Sounds a bit like a recent war I was in as well. Something about a protectorate of an MDP patner of a target... <_<

Thanks, Bob. I knew about their treaty status, but wasn't quite thinking about the implications. I guess there's not much reason beyond that (?).