Ex-NPO members

King Death II

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the NPO long long ago.

Also as the dude who spilled wine on a rl NPO flag and got sentenced to P/ZI for it.

And this is partly why I'm posting in the ex-NPO thread.

Seriously guys, you're doing it wrong.

Edited by Sal Paradise

* Duncan King raises hand. I've never been in the NPO or any other order and never even considered it. I have a real aversion to being in an Order, having an emperor, and calling myself and others "comrade." I'll take my identity and ability to express myself over the security that comes with being in a huge alliance anytime. The Orders often remind me of the Borg from Star Trek and I, as a happy nonconformist OOC, just can't bring myself to be assimilated.

OOC I live in a free democratic society. I have no idea why anyone would want to rollplay in one. Whats the point? Its like people who roll Humans in fantasy RPGs.

As for x NPO members. Everyone comes through eventually.

Edited by GTTofAK

OOC I live in a free democratic society. I have no idea why anyone would want to rollplay in one. Whats the point? Its like people who roll Humans in fantasy RPGs.

As for x NPO members. Everyone comes through eventually.

maybe that like to RP their IRL beliefs?

but why wouldnt u wanna be free in this game? Its fun to say your mind and not have any restraints.

As I said, why? OOC I live in freedom every day of my life. I'd much rather rollplay in a military dictatorship. I will never understand why so many people wish to rollplay exactly as they live.

As I said, why? OOC I live in freedom every day of my life. I'd much rather rollplay in a military dictatorship. I will never understand why so many people wish to rollplay exactly as they live.

Actually, playing CN is in no way like real life, regardless of what kind of alliance you're in. I'm not actually the ruler of a country believe it or not, but as the ruler of a country, I'd prefer to be in an alliance with free speech. Call me crazy if you'd like.

* Duncan King raises hand. I've never been in the NPO or any other order and never even considered it. I have a real aversion to being in an Order, having an emperor, and calling myself and others "comrade." I'll take my identity and ability to express myself over the security that comes with being in a huge alliance anytime. The Orders often remind me of the Borg from Star Trek and I, as a happy nonconformist OOC, just can't bring myself to be assimilated.

You are not speaking about the "Orders", but rather simply the one. Just wanted to clear that up. Also the "Comrade" thing really is annoying. Always hated that crap.

And no, not everyone does a tour through the NPO. I have never been a member.