Peace is a lie...

Ivan Moldavi

I also think it's worth noting the inflation of treaties has in turn deflated the value of treaties, cancelled at will and starting out at the MDP level. I remember a time when NAPs were signed and taken seriously.

Time will tell, I think trends are already headed in the direction of limited treaties. It will take a long time before the effects will be felt.

As do I. Those times can come back. Do not resign yourself to useless pacts and mindless treaties.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish you guys at NSO the best. With the route you guys are choosing, I really think(and hope) that your alliance will remain conflict free.

Thank you for the well wishes, but we have no intentions of remaining conflict free.

The Cyberverse, when viewed as an inclusive and whole entity, survives on conflict. Conflict produces competitiveness. It accelerates innovation. It lends seed to growth and diversity. Without conflict the Cyberverse stagnates and becomes a morass, a pit of bleak despair and dissatisfaction.

So the answer for more wars are less treaties?

So more treaties = less wars = more peace

So if peace = lie and treaties = peace then treaties = lies?

:unsure:

An alliance with a lot of treaties usually has some false relationships.

blocs have probably somewhat devalued the over all necessity of basic military treaties, unless your pretty close to an allaince you have a general MDP or more with (at that point the friendship is worth more then the paper anyway) most look at blocs as the best kind of support during war and peacetime that may even over rank a basic military treaty they may have signed with someone they don't know well.

Edited by Gabriel Carver

An alliance with a lot of treaties usually has some false relationships.

Personally I think it's just a way of enlisting puppets. It's worked well in this game, and major alliances have gained false respect of the people via fear through this system.

The strong shall survive!

Hail the Dark Lord

NEMA! LIVEE, MORF SU REVILLED TUB NOISHAYTPMET OOTNI TON SUH DEEL SUS TSHAIGA SAPSERT TAHT YETH. VIGRAWF EU ZA SESAPSERT RUA SUH VIGRAWF DERB ILAID RUA YED SITH SUH VIG NEVEH NI SI ZA THRE NI NUD EEB LIW EYTH MUCK MODNGIK EYTH MAIN EYTH EEB DWOHLAH NEVAH NI TRA CHIOO. RETHARF RUA!

The strong shall survive!

Hail the Dark Lord

NEMA! LIVEE, MORF SU REVILLED TUB NOISHAYTPMET OOTNI TON SUH DEEL SUS TSHAIGA SAPSERT TAHT YETH. VIGRAWF EU ZA SESAPSERT RUA SUH VIGRAWF DERB ILAID RUA YED SITH SUH VIG NEVEH NI SI ZA THRE NI NUD EEB LIW EYTH MUCK MODNGIK EYTH MAIN EYTH EEB DWOHLAH NEVAH NI TRA CHIOO. RETHARF RUA!

wait, what?

Edited by Mogar

As expected from Ivan, a very well written document full of truths.

First, I daresay that at least half, perhaps more, of the existing treaties in the Cyberverse are not worth the ink they were pinned with.
The Cyberverse, when viewed as an inclusive and whole entity, survives on conflict. Conflict produces competitiveness. It accelerates innovation. It lends seed to growth and diversity. Without conflict the Cyberverse stagnates and becomes a morass, a pit of bleak despair and dissatisfaction.
Most of the treated webs are little more than collective deterrents meant to stopgap the concept of open conflict and warfare and make the waging of same obsolete.

Some of the points that stuck out most to me. Some of which I've echoed in various conversations with allies over the past months.

I've spent the vast majority of my CN career in Foreign Affairs, I've seen so many treaties stamped out in the heat of war. Allies purged, herded or setup to fall. The entire 'Verse could most definetly use a 'reset button' on it's existing treaties. More time needs to be put into them. Friendships, goals and the paths to achieve these goals need to be examined harder. Make sure what you do fits with who you are.

Hope to see more from you Ivan.

As expected from Ivan, a very well written document full of truths.

Some of the points that stuck out most to me. Some of which I've echoed in various conversations with allies over the past months.

I've spent the vast majority of my CN career in Foreign Affairs, I've seen so many treaties stamped out in the heat of war. Allies purged, herded or setup to fall. The entire 'Verse could most definetly use a 'reset button' on it's existing treaties. More time needs to be put into them. Friendships, goals and the paths to achieve these goals need to be examined harder. Make sure what you do fits with who you are.

Hope to see more from you Ivan.

I like you. Everything you said is pretty much exactly what we are trying to do with NSO, I couldn't agree more. Eventually, in my opinion, the time will come when all those "treaties" will fall to the wayside for alliances when they need them most. And those alliances you reference who just stamp them out to herd them around will get a large dose of reality as everything crumbles around them. It's impossible to have a firm foundation when you're built on paper and not friends.

It's a secret statement. Very secret. You must now spend the rest of your night deciphering it. Leave this thread and do not return until you have found the answer.

it's the lord's hymn backwards, I think.

I like you. Everything you said is pretty much exactly what we are trying to do with NSO, I couldn't agree more. Eventually, in my opinion, the time will come when all those "treaties" will fall to the wayside for alliances when they need them most. And those alliances you reference who just stamp them out to herd them around will get a large dose of reality as everything crumbles around them. It's impossible to have a firm foundation when you're built on paper and not friends.

Heh .. Thanks ;)

It goes both ways tho - treaties are also signed to herd as well.

But yes, they'll both see the harshness of truth.

I think he's referring to your Alliance Affiliation being Grand Global Alliance.

Not saying I agree/disagree, just clarifying as per your request.

Oh. I have no idea what the status of my alliance is. I just know that they recruited me back in January. Anyone bothered by my Alliance Affiliation should have had a better recruiting program.