The Vox Speaks

Well then educate your member Great Lakes Union who I was contradicting. He seems to think it was perfectly normal and wasn't staged at all. Which is somewhat hilarious.

You guys sure went to great lengths to achieve something you didn't care about. I love that you're proving my point for me. :lol:

Blacky, I was simply stating that normal government operations have gone on as normal in our real government subforums... Geez, you'll grasp at just about anything won't you.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be more focused on trying to figure out where the actual spies are in your alliance than boasting about how you tricked Vox... (I know you said you found a spy, but from what I read Vox still has more around)

Though with that being said. This thread was not really necessary, it could just as easily be discussed in TPF's thread.

Edited by Drai

I would be more focused on trying to figure out where the actual spies are in your alliance than boasting about how you tricked Vox... (I know you said you found a spy, but from what I read Vox still has more around)

Why when its so funny and it produced this lovely thread.

They didn't dictate our actions.

"I'm not a puppet I'm a real boy" cried Pinocchio.

As much as you'd like to deny it through their actions you went to extraordinary (this only means out of the ordinary) lengths to counter them. In doing so you have allowed them to dictate your actions.

You really are naive.

You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. I believe the word you're looking for is insightful.

The disinformation had to be juicy.

Yes, in going to those lengths you're pretty much making a solid basis for my argument.

As for Vox controlling our actions, you give them far too much credit.

I didn't give them any credit whatsoever. Your alliance did in staging this little performance for us all. And in doing so they have proved that not only are they aware of Vox but moreso that they will allow them to dictate their actions.

I never said it was the greatest plan in the world.

I agree it wasn't the greatest plan of action.

Edited by Blacky

Security purposes, at least I think that would the be point of getting rid of spies...

Do not really see them. TPF didn't opened their hand needlessly, I am sure Vox knew the minute they announced they had spies, their counterparts will do some counter espionage activities, and am sure Vox are trying to counter the counter etcetera around we go.

Nonetheless, it does not make TPF thread any less funny and worthy of announcement.

Do not really see them. TPF didn't opened their hand needlessly, I am sure Vox knew the minute they announced they had spies, their counterparts will do some counter espionage activities, and am sure Vox are trying to counter the counter etcetera around we go.

Nonetheless, it does not make TPF thread any less funny and worthy of announcement.

I agree with the second part. However it must be slightly unnerving to have spies on your forums making it almost necessary to have any gov talks via irc or skype.

Blacky, I was simply stating that normal government operations have gone on as normal.

This procedure was a government operation. The posts were out of the ordinary as was this procedure of ousting the spy. These are examples of how the actions taken were dictated by Vox Populi. I don't see what's so controversial in saying that you should just concede that point.

I agree with the second part. However it must be slightly unnerving to have spies on your forums making it almost necessary to have any gov talks via irc or skype.

I have a feeling they live and go on to doing their stuff regardless.

This procedure was a government operation. The posts were out of the ordinary as was this procedure of ousting the spy. These are examples of how the actions taken were dictated by Vox Populi. I don't see what's so controversial in saying that you should just concede that point.

...and by you responding to GLU he is dictating your actions....and I am being controlled by you, cause ya know I'm answering you...see how silly that gets.

If you want to be precise....the thread only contained ONE active govt member, mhawk himself...the rest of us are just retirees bored with yelling at kids on our lawn.

Wow. I guess poor Vox's pride was really hurt on this one since you are all running to prove "you" were the one not fooled...

or their having fun...idk though ;)

As for me, nice thread. I love to see these kind of things floating around. It shows that people arent afraid to have some fun once in a while.

While I can understand why you would play this off as a "We knew about it" thing, why bother?

If TPF outed a spy, it's a win for you strategically. Admit defeat.

If TPF didn't out the correct spy...or all of the spies...I would imagine you just admit defeat.

Either way, you've lost a small battle but have been exposed to enemy tactics. So...why the drama?

I think you two missed the point: Since TPF went to all this trouble, we couldn't help but let them have a parade, so we could rain on it.

Once the agent was being fed false information, he was already blown. We had the choice of yanking him, or letting the ruse play out to this climax. His current identity is of no further value, even if we had re-assigned him and he had left TPF without those shots ever being released, the back room club would have made sure that he was marked as a spy regardless.

So, we let it play out.

Come on man there is no harm in just admitting TPF got the best of you on this one. Doitzel admitted it denying it only makes you look like a sore loser.

Schatt, I have talked to you only once or twice, but if you weren't stuck in this anti-NPO/tC/whoever has had success attitude you can't seem break out of, I suspect you'd be a successful leader in some alliance somewhere.

Lenny, you're too nice. No, he wouldn't. Remember Bubblegum? He was the guy on the other side, the one who led Browncoats so very well.

This level of revision is typical of Schatt's style, though.

Lenny, you're too nice. No, he wouldn't. Remember Bubblegum? He was the guy on the other side, the one who led Browncoats so very well.

This level of revision is typical of Schatt's style, though.

I expect you don't actually know ANYTHING about the bubblegum war, do you? I feel like I've asked you this question before with no answer. I suspect I won't get an answer again.

I expect you don't actually know ANYTHING about the bubblegum war, do you? I feel like I've asked you this question before with no answer. I suspect I won't get an answer again.

edit: nm

He made some gruesome errors, but he meant what was best for his folks, and the wiki covers the whole thing well enough. I'd as soon let the past stay in the past.

I think anyone around at the time does indeed know something about it, Nintenderek. As such, your question like a not went unanswered cause it's kind of silly :P

Edited by Kryievla