The Vox Speaks

Schattenmann cannot bear the idea that he will be viewed as foolish, and so he is throwing his Vox Populi compatriots under the proverbial bus. Thus, he was right and everyone else was wrong.

How this will better his cause I am not sure, but it definitely makes him look more foolish than he had when he had merely had an exposed spy.

Edited by James Dahl

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you two missed the point: Since TPF went to all this trouble, we couldn't help but let them have a parade, so we could rain on it.

Once the agent was being fed false information, he was already blown. We had the choice of yanking him, or letting the ruse play out to this climax. His current identity is of no further value, even if we had re-assigned him and he had left TPF without those shots ever being released, the back room club would have made sure that he was marked as a spy regardless.

So, we let it play out.

You really don't want to be making this up on the fly. Cause I will just use it against you later.

I'm not buying it. But thanks for the added laughs, and next time you have a cover story like this, do inform your own people of it first.

bigwoody, you tend to be quite the intelligent person but surely you do see where the victory lies in this all?

It's the extent to which people put faith in word of Vox, almost as if it was Gospel. And that's because for the most part they do put in the effort. Where there will be the occasional slip-up as is the case everywhere, even with proof-reading, fact-checking, double fact-checking, the fact remains that Vox Populi has gained credibility amongst the masses.

I think you two missed the point: Since TPF went to all this trouble, we couldn't help but let them have a parade, so we could rain on it.

Once the agent was being fed false information, he was already blown. We had the choice of yanking him, or letting the ruse play out to this climax. His current identity is of no further value, even if we had re-assigned him and he had left TPF without those shots ever being released, the back room club would have made sure that he was marked as a spy regardless.

So, we let it play out.

Riiiggghhhttt.

Bagdhad Schatt is your new nickname.

It's pretty bad when even Doitzel mans up and gives us credit while you're trying to pretend that you knew the spy's cover was already blown.

You really don't want to be making this up on the fly. Cause I will just use it against you later.

There's not really much there to be used. Consider for a moment you're right, and your efforts were not in vain. You've still accomplished nothing. Fine you're not going to make it as easy as stealing candy from a baby to gain intelligence pertaining to TPF, but atleast concede that the effort was made.

bigwoody, you tend to be quite the intelligent person but surely you do see where the victory lies in this all?

It's the extent to which people put faith in word of Vox, almost as if it was Gospel. And that's because for the most part they do put in the effort. Where there will be the occasional slip-up as is the case everywhere, even with proof-reading, fact-checking, double fact-checking, the fact remains that Vox Populi has gained credibility amongst the masses.

or perhas its just Schattenmann brused ego talking ;)

Edited by agnews

It's pretty bad when even Doitzel mans up and gives us credit while you're trying to pretend that you knew the spy's cover was already blown.

Dude you're hilarious. For the longest time you've been goading them going as far as claiming there wasn't even a spy in your organisations, outright lying i might add, when you had gone to such lengths to try to oust them. Well if it's lulled you into a false sense of security you can now go back to posting real secrets on your forums. Oh snap, even you're not certain of your forum's security.

Dude you're hilarious. For the longest time you've been goading them going as far as claiming there wasn't even a spy in your organisations, outright lying i might add, when you had gone to such lengths to try to oust them. Well if it's lulled you into a false sense of security you can now go back to posting real secrets on your forums. Oh snap, even you're not certain of your forum's security.

You can't be that naive, can you?

Why do you think we goaded them? So they would post any leaks they'd have and we could catch a spy.

I think you need to consult with Greenacres on counter-intel operations.

Blacky, we've been posting like normal on our forums the whole time...

Oh Blacky, you must have never needed to change a forum. Then you would know how simple it is to make a fake area and "leak" something.

Oh snap, even you're not certain of your forum's security.

I'm certain of our different levels of security. Are you certain of your forums security?

There's not really much there to be used. Consider for a moment you're right, and your efforts were not in vain. You've still accomplished nothing. Fine you're not going to make it as easy as stealing candy from a baby to gain intelligence pertaining to TPF, but atleast concede that the effort was made.

This has nothing to do with gathering intel from TPF or catching a minor spy. It has everything to with the fact Vox will does not bother to check any of the info it posts. That Vox does not care about the truth. That Vox has become so desperate that they would post pretty much anything we gave them no matter how silly. We have shown you what Vox is.

You can't be that naive, can you?

Why do you think we goaded them? So they would post any leaks they'd have and we could catch a spy.

My contention was that in the act of goading them, you outright lied.

Atleast now in admitting that you went to those lengths going as far as publicly calling them out, masking different members, creating new forums, making a faux posts you should be able to concede that they are not only relevant but have dictated your very actions.

Blacky, we've been posting like normal on our forums the whole time...

Your leaders normally threaten to stage a coup, create an offshoot alliance, and slander one another in their government chambers? Doesn't sound very normal to me.

Your leaders normally threaten to stage a coup, create an offshoot alliance, and slander one another in their government chambers? Doesn't sound very normal to me.

Are you seriously this dense? It isn't normal, THAT WAS THE ENTIRE POINT. <- Capitalized for emphasis.

It was to give something juicy to a spy, so juicy they had to give it. Something worth blowing cover for if it panned out.

My contention was that in the act of goading them, you outright lied.

Atleast now in admitting that you went to those lengths going as far as publicly calling them out, masking different members, creating new forums, making a faux posts you should be able to concede that they are not only relevant but have dictated your very actions.

OMG, I LIED? I MISLED VOX? TFP MISLED VOX? THE HORROR!?!?!?

They didn't dictate our actions as much as it gave us a new way to have some fun....which really is the point.

You really are naive. The disinformation had to be juicy enough that Spongebob would elect to post in in the Tattler (which is what we wanted), complete with commentary slamming me. No TWiP or Tattler, no spy outed.

Are you seriously this dense? It isn't normal, THAT WAS THE ENTIRE POINT. <- Capitalized for emphasis.

It was to give something juicy to a spy, so juicy they had to give it. Something worth blowing cover for if it panned out.

It was funny, clever, and even convincing given that people didnt start actually analyzing the situation, but dont go patting yourself on the back too much. It wasnt the greatest plan of century.

Oh Blacky, you must have never needed to change a forum. Then you would know how simple it is to make a fake area and "leak" something.

I'm certain of our different levels of security. Are you certain of your forums security?

If only the procedure was as simple as you my little friend. It involved: creating new forums, creating the mock thread (which I believe consisted of about 10 posts), it involved creating the TF forums, gathering up potential suspects, masking the potential suspects, and hours of goading Vox Populi to post more relevant content. Infact I would go as far as to say this has occupied the leadership of TPF's time the whole while. Not only has Vox Populi dictated your government actions but they are also consuming their time at no expense to their cause.

This has nothing to do with gathering intel from TPF or catching a minor spy.

You need to consort with your fellow leaders as they seem to think differently.

It has everything to with the fact Vox will does not bother to check any of the info it posts.

Vox has for the most part has been spot on. But if your true objective is to help Vox (don't make me laugh) that's very nice of you. :lol:

Doitzel was at least gracious.

Perhaps you didn't notice where they mention they had fed lots of different info to different folks to see what happened. This spy was not compromised til the article, regardless.

Kudos to those of you that didn't fall for it, but I don't think Vox fool enough to compromise their credibility by posting things they think to be false, and exposing a spy that was not yet exposed, only so TPF could swoop in and coup a fabulous prank.

:facepalm: just painfully desperate...

jeez, when are you guys going to step out of denial and move on?

Schatt, I have talked to you only once or twice, but if you weren't stuck in this anti-NPO/tC/whoever has had success attitude you can't seem break out of, I suspect you'd be a successful leader in some alliance somewhere.

get over it and move on....

grudges are such a waste of your skillful time

Are you seriously this dense? It isn't normal, THAT WAS THE ENTIRE POINT.

Well then educate your member Great Lakes Union who I was contradicting. He seems to think it was perfectly normal and wasn't staged at all. Which is somewhat hilarious.

You guys sure went to great lengths to achieve something you didn't care about. I love that you're proving my point for me. :lol:

If only the procedure was as simple as you my little friend. It involved: creating new forums, creating the mock thread (which I believe consisted of about 10 posts), it involved creating the TF forums, gathering up potential suspects, masking the potential suspects, and hours of goading Vox Populi to post more relevant content. Infact I would go as far as to say this has occupied the leadership of TPF's time the whole while. Not only has Vox Populi dictated your government actions but they are also consuming their time at no expense to their cause.

All the forum stuff might have taken at most 30-45 minutes. Masking? That's incredibly simple. Most of this stuff was inconsequential time was. 10 posts? Really, how long would it take to make that? Hours of trolling, that's something we would do anyways. So at most, 45 minutes? I have 45 minutes to kill on a daily basis, I might as well have fun doing it. As for Vox controlling our actions, you give them far too much credit. You act like rooting out a spy isn't something we would do otherwise.

Also, I forgot to quote your post Stumpy, but I'll respond anyways. :P

I never said it was the greatest plan in the world. I'll leave that for when Vox helps topple Superfriends, and then reveal they were an NPO guided organization all along.