Bring the Boys Back Home

Paradigm

Yes, I am very much sure of it. War declared, war fought, peace never made.

If somebody wants to test that he can change his AA to NAAC, LUE or GOLD and found out* :awesome:

Now, seeing how those alliances are now defunct, obviously enough the war is still only technically on.

But using it as an example that war has no time limitation and is waged as long two sides do not make peace.

disclaimer: It is hazardous to one safety. One will be attacked by the N.P.O.

NAAC is not defunct, though not large enough now to be considered a full alliance by most. To those who say NAAC isn't at war with NPO, well, ask Holyone, myself, Lord Chozo, or the others. NAAC never surrendered, and NPO never gave peace. We are technically still at war. GWIII is officially over, but war between these "special cases" are not over, and they could now be considered individual conflicts, as opposed to the single conflict of GWIII that NPO has on that wiki.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fourteen pages so far ...

I hate to throw a spanner in one idea, but ... someone suggested that were the New Pacific Order to just give white peace, the Federation of Armed Nations would pull its spies out and bring them all 'home'.

I'm assuming here that the spies are undetected and members of their victim alliances. And thus receiving benefits such as aid and so on from them. Plus there's the nations themselves. Which means that when those spies go back, the victim alliance is taking a hit on the cash (or tech) invested, as well as of course the score reduction. Which would be rather similar to a parting shot after the bell--fun in a boxing video game I have, but not much fun when it's your land walking off.

Also ... um, you guys who keep saying that the Federation has all the right to keep fighting and get peace, since they're at war? Pacifica's at war; by that logic, they get to keep hurting the Federation. What little from FAN has responded (as well as the more vocal supporters) suggest that FAN will keep fighting until Pacifica no longer wants to do them harm. Someone earlier said 'Welcome to Double-Standards-Nations'; relying on that argument for peace to be unilaterally given by only one warring party is a bit of one.

And quoting a Wiki kind'a leaves you open to folks 'assisting' them with the 'truth', whatever that may be. Assuming someone hadn't done it before your quote (thus, this isn't an intentional accusation of falsehood, just a reminder that a Wiki is editable by anyone, even those motivated more by ideology than fact).

Hey Corinan! How's NSO treating you comrade?

Corinan wins the thread:

I really don't think they would.

I can't be for certain, but I do seem to recall a certain former FAN leader who is now banned saying that FANs sole purpose in life was to destroy Pacifica. That being said I think it'd be rather foolish of NPO to ever give FAN peace. All they would be allowing FAN to do was build up for a third war, in which FAN would be able to do a lot more damage than they're currently capable of doing.

^^This is the reason why war continues for all of you "moralists" out there. The above statement of fact, despite what Atrophis would have everyone think. It is not hard to comprehend, yet so many fail to do so.

Why should we show weakness by allowing FAN peace to grow and attack us 6 months down the road? I'm sure you'd all sleep better at night if FAN got the "white" peace they don't deserve and we'd get a negligible PR gain. <_< It would really stir that warm, fuzzy feeling in your "moralist's" soul. Then you all would have the added glee of soiling your undergarments with joy when FAN nuke attacks us in the not too distant future, because they have the balls to do that which you do not.

Personally, I harbor no hatred for FAN. It is possible to respect one's enemy and I have much respect for their tenacity.

We do not trust them as they have stated their goal is the destruction of our alliance. We therefore remain at war with FAN, not out of fear, rather out of prudence. We do what we must for the security of the NPO.

Corinan wins the thread:

^^This is the reason why war continues for all of you "moralists" out there. The above statement of fact, despite what Atrophis would have everyone think. It is not hard to comprehend, yet so many fail to do so.

Why should we show weakness by allowing FAN peace to grow and attack us 6 months down the road? I'm sure you'd all sleep better at night if FAN got the "white" peace they don't deserve and we'd get a negligible PR gain. <_< It would really stir that warm, fuzzy feeling in your "moralist's" soul. Then you all would have the added glee of soiling your undergarments with joy when FAN nuke attacks us in the not too distant future, because they have the balls to do that which you do not.

Personally, I harbor no hatred for FAN. It is possible to respect one's enemy and I have much respect for their tenacity.

We do not trust them as they have stated their goal is the destruction of our alliance. We therefore remain at war with FAN, not out of fear, rather out of prudence. We do what we must for the security of the NPO.

You are a man after my own dark, corrupted heart.

Not too shabby. I hope the Body Republic has recovered from my departure, at least as much as reasonably possible after losing a man of my calibre.

Some people would rather not have a group of players permanently imprisoned. You know, people looking at this from the point of view of a decent human being.

Permanently imprisoned? Oh give me a break.

OOC: They can still log into their nations. They can still play the game. If they were all so tired of this war with the NPO it wouldn't be too difficult to simply reroll and start a new e-life. To suggest that the players under the FAN banner are being barred from playing Cyber Nations is pretty ridiculous.

Yes, I am very much sure of it. War declared, war fought, peace never made.

If somebody wants to test that he can change his AA to NAAC, LUE or GOLD and found out* :awesome:

Now, seeing how those alliances are now defunct, obviously enough the war is still only technically on.

But using it as an example that war has no time limitation and is waged as long two sides do not make peace.

disclaimer: It is hazardous to one safety. One will be attacked by the N.P.O.

Then according to you, we're still at war. I never signed peace with Pacifica. You ready to test that theory?

I think I speak for most NPO nations when I say if you want to attack us to prove a point (or test a point we have made) go ahead our higher level nations would enjoy a bit of practice.

Also I think you are arguing for arguements sake there.

Edited by Uncle B

I just wanted to point out that might be a little difficult for anyone to do, given that your nation is so small.

I'm waiting to do a first jump, if someone's willing to attack me for a technicality I'll be more than happy to go ahead and do it right now.

I always remained puzzled by this argument right there, just makes no sense at all.

They remain an enemy and as long as it is such the conflict will be on going. There are no time limitations to that.

FAN is not the only alliance with which we remain in status of war, NAAC, LUE, GOLD are as well to name a few. When war starts it must be ended for peace to be made. Also, a rather simple concept.

OOC: This is not a prison system. You "do your time" then you are "out". It is suppose to be a playing, simulation in a game, of war. You are mixing apples and kiwis here in an attempt to make your point.

You obviously didn't understand or chose to miss the point I was trying to make.

Then according to you, we're still at war. I never signed peace with Pacifica. You ready to test that theory?

My, my, someone ate their Wheaties this morning.

Give in to your passions, young one!

My, my, someone ate their Wheaties this morning.

Give in to your passions, young one!

Well hello there, comrade.

Our true Emperor is and always was Ivan Moldavi.

it wouldn't be too difficult to simply reroll and start a new e-life.

Then of course, the whole question of "Are they PZId?" comes in. If they are, then no, they DON'T have the ability to re-roll and start a new e-life. I know, not many FANers are, but I'm sure there are those that are.

Well hello there, comrade.

Our true Emperor is and always was Ivan Moldavi.

Oh do I know you? Curious.

Then of course, the whole question of "Are they PZId?" comes in. If they are, then no, they DON'T have the ability to re-roll and start a new e-life. I know, not many FANers are, but I'm sure there are those that are.

I do not agree with the practice of PZI/EZI. That being said, I don't think the NPO would track FAN nations should they decide to reroll. I'm sure there's probably some that have already.

Edited by Corinan

Anybody know all the alliances at war with FAN right now besides NPO?

Yes - hold on I have a list supplied by someone

IRON, Valhalla, MHA, TORN, GGA < List may be incomplete but these were given to me as the main

Edited by Paradigm

NAAC is not defunct

My apologies, I did not knew they were still nations flying the markings.

It is not a theory and I can not gather what from this simple concept alludes you. Obviously I fail to convey my point, I can now only point you to eloquent Asriel Belacqua posts. Maybe you will get the principle from his wise words.

Nation of Seraphea is 7 days old and is a new and upcoming state that could never be a part of NAAC as it "perished" (stop being an alliance in classical sense) long ago.

It is flying markings of an alliance of nations with which we have no issues.

As such you need to leave your current alliance and change your AA to NAAC. Although our military staff, as such I believe, at this point does not sweep the specter for NAAC members (as its been so long it was needed) I will make a personal issue to point out your NAAC AA if you so wear it. Of course then the problem of finding someone low enough to attack you,...can you buy some infra or something?

OOC: It obviously boils down to this. Do you want to actually re roll and start fresh, a new. You are free to. Or if you want to continue your previous character, one that wishes to reclaim its NAAC affiliation? It is up to you, if you started a new already my advise would be to give it a go with your new alliance.

You obviously didn't understand or chose to miss the point I was trying to make.

Do not really believe so, your point has been adequately addressed from my part.

Anyway, I do so feel as we drifted from the topic. As such, I deem best to just stick to the subject at hand if there is something else to be said.

Edited by Branimir

Not too shabby. I hope the Body Republic has recovered from my departure, at least as much as reasonably possible after losing a man of my calibre.

Permanently imprisoned? Oh give me a break.

OOC: They can still log into their nations. They can still play the game. If they were all so tired of this war with the NPO it wouldn't be too difficult to simply reroll and start a new e-life. To suggest that the players under the FAN banner are being barred from playing Cyber Nations is pretty ridiculous.

I personally think the occupation should cease find some new battered slaves to beat on NPO

(OOC) while the NPOs occupation of fan gato and everyone else that i can think of at one point or another isnt so bad ,kinda funny when they take it all so seriously. Rerolling sucks especially when youve got 2 or more years in your nation ,personally it would not be the same and you would lose lots of good members of the community if they up and disbanded and let there nations go.

Next time before you say such a thing delete your game nation recreate your personna to something totally different see if the game is same for you anymore.

As such you need to leave your current alliance and change your AA to NAAC. Although our military staff, as such I believe, at this point does not sweep the specter for NAAC members (as its been so long it was needed) I will make a personal issue to point out your NAAC AA if you so wear it. Of course then the problem of finding someone low enough to attack you,...can you buy some infra or something?

Rest assure, Comrade, we monitor those alliances we are still at war with and add nations as targets.

I personally think the occupation should cease find some new battered slaves to beat on NPO

(OOC) while the NPOs occupation of fan gato and everyone else that i can think of at one point or another isnt so bad ,kinda funny when they take it all so seriously. Rerolling sucks especially when youve got 2 or more years in your nation ,personally it would not be the same and you would lose lots of good members of the community if they up and disbanded and let there nations go.

Next time before you say such a thing delete your game nation recreate your personna to something totally different see if the game is same for you anymore.

Conflating GATO and FAN (and "everyone else" *chuckles*) is really a pretty darn un-nuanced analysis. We're at war with FAN. We are at peace with GATO. There's your first mistake.

We attack all FAN on sight. No questions asked. GATO is in a profitable (to them) economic relationship with the NPO, and has been rebuilt through the investments of hundreds of millions from the Pacific bank. GATO has a functioning, vibrant internal government, trade system, and foreign relations. FAN is a joke that gets posted about every couple months, and whose sole influence in all foreign affairs, is to steal 3M every few months, out of an alliance that has billions flowing through it during that same time.

Rest assure, Comrade, we monitor those alliances we are still at war with and add nations as targets.

Its pathetic to force people off a certain AA by attacking them. You're playing some kind of policing game; which is up to admin and his evil minions, and not up to other players.