Bring the Boys Back Home

Paradigm

*The sound of drums emerge from the fog surrounding the Peoples Square of Planet Bob*

24bsroj.jpg

* The band plays on….as the PA system comes alive.*

We are all gathered here to discuss those who have suffered unlike any one of our armed forces on Planet Bob.

ruxv2f.jpg

Those whom – like it or not, have shown they are indeed, the original true soldiers of CN.

2elt63k.jpg

And here we stand today, the time has finally come, the years of struggle need to end.

It’s time to set down the shackles. Pacifica and friends needs to take the victory and move on.

25zoww6.jpg

*The crowd erupts into a collective chorus singing*

“Bring the Boys Back Home”

amw00p.jpg

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if Pacifica and allies gave FAN peace for real and let them have another shot at functioning like a normal alliance, I think after holding together for this long they deserve that. If you guys let go of your grudge for FAN maybe they'll do the same for you, sometimes it works both ways like that, you don't need to be eternal enemies.

FAN has certainly proved your war against them is impossible to win, and impossible for them to lose, as long as they exist they're "winning".

Thank you for the tribute, but it's unnecessary. ;)

this is true, because it's not like NPO is going to give a crap about public opinion anyway.

Edited by Mogar

Thank you for the tribute, but it's unnecessary. ;)

:lol: its funny that I thought that would happen for some odd reason when typing that name in the subtitle

this is true, because it's not like NPO is going to give a crap about public opinion anyway.

I'm under no allusions of anything otherwise, just a free member of the forums speaking ones mind and all.

Edited by Paradigm

To start with keeping FAN down (or out of the game) showed people what would happen if they whent up against NPO. Now it just shows how sad it is when people cant let go of their grudge.

Giving FAN a honorable white peace, and FAN accepting it as a gesture of goodwill, would show planet bob that honour and not just strength is still a part of the game!

Edited by tobiash

I would love to see this happened.

The lack of activity from FAN members has made them forgotten, at least by me.

But, would love to see them back.

I do not think I will ever keep people forever down just because I can.

This is a game, and I do not think I am that afraid to have FAN grow to be a future challenge.

Nice OP. Fine, entertaining, "actual"... Thanks.

[ic] I must also add that FAN, to end "the years of struggle", has to seek for peace with the MHA also (stopping acts of war may be a good start). [/ic]

To start with keeping FAN down (or out of the game) showed people what would happen if they whent up against NPO. Now it just shows how sad it is when people cant let go of their grudge.

Giving FAN a honorable white peace, and FAN accepting it as a gesture of goodwill, would show planet bob that honour and not just strength is still a part of the game!

What is this honor you speak of? Remember, there is always two sides to the coin in regards to public image..

Given that this is, NPO, we're talking of... I don't expect a move that requires respect for the opinion of the public. Nor do I expect any change in this "stomp the bugs" attitude. Being someone who was around during the time that FAN had power, even on their opposite side (if I recall our first big public interafction with anyone was calling FAN a group of hillbillies and getting moved off of yellow) I would pick to have FAN in NPO's place ANY DAY. Atleast with NPO on top we get someone with only size, not skill.

But nevertheless, I'm getting to a rant and I'd rather avoid that for now. FAN were put into this position dishonorably, and NPO won't give them a "no strings attached" peace. It's not in their character (or lack there of) to do so. I just CAN'T see it happening. I don't know, if NPO did do that I'd probably stop attacking, but as it stands I doubt it. Some of FAN likes it better this way, to tell you the truth I don't blame them, being able to say and do anything you like without being under the threat of EZI is great. NPO is afraid of a FAN that isn't peacemode, NPO is afraid what will happen if they let free anyone currently disbanded that would, if remade, grow like wildfire. It all boils down to NPO being frightened of those better than them, and of losing their top spot. What they don't understand is that releasing FAN would get them a large PR boost, and make them... maybe... kind of... not the worst alliance ever to set foot in this game.

So to quote Aros here,

Godspeed boys.

*Jofna rides off back to his battle post, ready to fight again.

Look at those Nifty little Free FAN sigs...But I like my brainy sig!!!

While, seeing FAN given white peace, and to emerge back into the spot light would be awesome, I doubt it would happen. NPO isn't the alliance that you see going around and giving White Peace to others...especially those who have a particular distaste for them.

NPO won't listen to this. But it is interesting how many people in established alliances are agreeing with public calls like this one and the anti-EZI one. People are prepared to make politically controversial public stands once again.

Also, is this not IC?

Nice OP. Fine, entertaining, "actual"... Thanks.

[ic] I must also add that FAN, to end "the years of struggle", has to seek for peace with the MHA also (stopping acts of war may be a good start). [/ic]

Stopping the acts of war while you keep them at war? Why do people continue to say this, it's the single stupidest thing I've heard about the entire situation. If you want peace with them, give them peace, don't expect things to go one way.