Announcement from the Viridian Entente

It's pretty flawed actually. IRON informed VE of their intent to cancel last night, and VE posting first doesn't exactly change that. Where in any logical sense does that make VE the first one to cancel?

Under bridges.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now what exactly prompted this chain of events? Last time I remember VE cancelled a treaty with a major alliance it was because the certain major alliance's leader was being what might be described as undiplomatic. ;)

It's pretty flawed actually. IRON informed VE of their intent to cancel last night, and VE posting first doesn't exactly change that. Where in any logical sense does that make VE the first one to cancel?

I think it's great that VE decided to finally grow a pair and cancel. It's been pretty obvious that you guys weren't content with the alliances ties were broken with, though kind of late, don't you think?

I know. I said its flawed

Now what exactly prompted this chain of events? Last time I remember VE cancelled a treaty with a major alliance it was because the certain major alliance's leader was being what might be described as undiplomatic. ;)

Thats the story I wana read, hopefully this comes to light, or the boys at The Tattler or TWIP have something to add.

Edited by Freelancer

Oh, come on. Don't take away their moment by bringing up an unrelated but pathetic one.

EDIT: [ooc] 1000th post [/ooc]

Edited by MaGneT

Are we referring to Electron Sponge before the Pacifica-Polaris dispute? I'm just curious?

Canceling treaties is one thing, insulting former partners that have done a great deal with and for you on the way out is another. Hope the air is nice and crisp up in that tower, VE.

And where are these insults, exactly?

Canceling treaties is one thing, insulting former partners that have done a great deal with and for you on the way out is another. Hope the air is nice and crisp up in that tower, VE.

Are they lying, or is telling things as they are considered insulting now?

Oh sometimes you really do make me lol.

thank you for that.

Don't give me that. I think anyone who's allied to GGA might be pretty pissed at VE for this thread. I've been going on about it for several days. I think it was quite clear as the thread went on, that someone was wanting VE to close it, and something tells me it wasn't VE.

Do I sense some hostility? I really fail to see how they have insulted former treaty partners. Is giving reasons an insult now? If anything the world needs more openness instead of the culture of private channels we currently have, that have damned us to nigh eternal stagnation.

And where are these insults, exactly?

Just because it is done poetically and in statements of further policy doesn't mean it isn't obvious what is meant. Did this announcement require the statements:

* The Viridian Entente does not wish to be allied to those whose support will only be given when they deem fit.

* The Viridian Entente does not wish to be allied to those who attempt to use political pressure to influence our sovereign actions.

* The Viridian Entente does not wish to be allied to those who cannot be honest, forthright, and frank with us about their intentions and reasoning.

The message was clear.

NATO has had her share in dropping treaties for similar reasons Anu, dont be like this.

To VE: I know why, you know why, we'll leave it at that.

To CN: Do what VE did when Dilber and friends come knocking.

I haven't actually been on in close to 3 weeks. I do like having things attributed to me. Continue.

Just because it is done poetically and in statements of further policy doesn't mean it isn't obvious what is meant. Did this announcement require the statements:

The message was clear.

Yes, it told us why they were canceling the treaties. What is your point?

NATO has had her share in dropping treaties for similar reasons Anu, dont be like this.

No, we have had dropped treaties in which we state that we wish the other party well and hope that things improve in the future. We haven't taken the moment to express our superiority in the other alliances practices.

/forget it, this is not my fight, enjoy...

Don't give me that. I think anyone who's allied to GGA might be pretty pissed at VE for this thread. I've been going on about it for several days. I think it was quite clear as the thread went on, that someone was wanting VE to close it, and something tells me it wasn't VE.

As I recall it was a VE member that got it closed. Hellscream is his name. He bragged about it in IRC lol.