My Resignation

ALdbeign

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok now I'm sorry to touch on the UJA business again but since I have been individually mentioned I would just like to make a quick point. I reluctantly accepted that I could not stop the other signatories going ahead without us – viz:

[1:36] <BobJanova> well, obviously we would prefer to be in from the start, but i guess we can't stop you if you really want it now. it would make it potentially awkward if we can't come to a compromise though, as we won't feel bound by it until/unless we can sign it

(I have full logs of course but I do not think it is right to paste any from any other members of that meeting. DJ has them as well as he was present and if he wants to talk to me about it more then my PM box or query are open.)

The central issue was that our Praetor at the time (Syzygy) has his computer in for repair, and as you can see the meeting was in the middle of the night in Europe, so we could not give a time for our signature to be valid.

However, as far as I am concerned the UJA mess is history and isn't relevant to Grämlins-GGA relations today.

Now, about the original topic, I believe GGA has not yet responded to the point that Degenerate was called out for spying in the other thread.

Yep very mature. I'd expect that kind of response from...the Grand Global Alliance? :P You should quit while you're ahead.

What exactly are you saying here that they should have allowed you guys to force there hand? You should be thankful they didn't wipe your old alliance off the face of Bob. There action was in leaving green.

Now, about the original topic, I believe GGA has not yet responded to the point that Degenerate was called out for spying in the other thread.

Hopefully there is someone in that AA who thinks enough of it to at least come here and attempt to explain their actions.

I'm wondering if they'll ever be able to make a CB or treaty with another AA again without it.

The original topic isn't about what Degen made: this discussion is about ALdbeign having left the GGA.

The only correct explanation of this thread has been posted by Tygaland three days ago and I'm quite surprised that everybody completely missed it:

It is fairly simple ALdbeign has quit the GAA and joined the NPO. Apparently days ago. But he decided a parody of the shaneprice incident replacing NPO with Vox was the way to convey this to the rest of us in the Cyberverse.

I'm a huge fan of a good parody but I think with the current GGA situation it probably wasn't the greatest time to be bringing more attention to GGA internal matters. :P

Of course, talking here of Degen's actions isn't completely off-topic, nor it is definitely inappropriate (the building shouldn't be infested by other GGA-threads, that's for sure). I anyway really think that we shouldn't bring other confusion to the present discussion, that is quite pointless and bizarre by itself...

The GGA-ers seem to have deserted these halls for the time being, and they probably wouldn't anyway publicly handle such a potentially embarassing point. Why bother about that issue?

Every GGA thread is a joke thread, regardless of your intentions.

BAM! Spice it up a notch!

But seriously though, if you make a joke thread to poke fun at something that most people think is true, it won't be received as a joke. I know my first impression was "oh... well, no surprise there". Or maybe it was just the OP's sense of humour.

It would be like if someone in GGA got a WRC, and then someone made a thread that said "guys we don't have WRC's in GGA"... well... nobody would get the joke because you already get made fun of for it.

*whispers in the background*

wait what??....THEY !@#$@#$ GOT ONE?!!??!

Letting this thread die when there are still unanswered questions to GGA about Degenerate's spying just wouldn't be right. And, honestly, GGA has humiliated itself so much that you can't really blame people for getting their dose of humour off them. I don't see you complaining about the 'IT'S JUST VOX/BLACKSTONE/FAN LOLOLOL' posts that make up half their threads.

now you're playing Doublestandardnations.

Edited by Mogar

My guess on the reason for this announcement is that GGA is no longer useful and it has been decided by those who have "won the game" that it needs to go away.

Thats what I'm going with

Another interesting thing to note, is Ald went to NPO and then posts this. NPO is a GGA ally, why are they allowing him to trash GGA publicly like this?

OH Oh Oh! *Paradigm raises hand*

hi Airme!