Protected Nation

Not everyone demanded outrageous reps last summer.

I'm sure MHA could send theirs back without much trouble, for example. Heh. (Probably so could we.)

We couldn't send back what was not given in the first place! :)

As for the MHA partecipation and stance on that war, I'd like to unofficially point out that the MHA simply enacted a pre-emptive defence of a MDP treaty partner of us, the NPO.

We certainly didn't like some comments on some of our best friends, comments that had been coming from what later was "the other side" in that war ("dancing on Grämlins' graves", anyone?). Anyway, we had no special disliking for our targets (Genesis and Nueva Vida), and with our attack we weren't implicitly supporting the validity of the CB against Hyperion/Polaris/BLEU/etc.

Nor we ever criticized it, on the other hand, as it certainly didn't involve us and it isn't our business to police Planet Avril (even if we had that foolish ambition, which we don't).

Why am I talking in an unofficial manner, anyway? I wasn't in the MHA government at the time and I am certainly not entitled to explain the MHA foreign policy of the past (or of the present, but that's only because I'm drunk all the time). Take this as my clue on that whole affair.

My personal, irrelevant, poorly informed (I was on vacancy at the outbreak of the war) and not interesting opinion is that that CB was horribly weak, but also that the main target of the whole operation - Polaris - was eventually greatly improved by the war and is now a much more awesome alliance than it was.

I quite disliked some Polar moves of the past, I had started liking them much more before the war, and I truly love them now. I wouldn't continue to look at the past just to hold grudges (learning something from it would obviously be great, anyway) and I suggest everybody to work to build new relationships, instead of grumbling on old facts.

Also, :wub: Haflinger.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the MHA partecipation and stance on that war, I'd like to unofficially point out that the MHA simply enacted a pre-emptive defence of a MDP treaty partner of us, the NPO.

Without getting too far off-topic, how in the world does one pre-emptively use an MDP? You realize an attack has to happen on your ally before that treaty comes into effect, right? You might as well have had an MADP and enacted the A part of it.

Yes, it's off-topic, WC.

However, I believe that an anticipatory defence against a manifest, proved, inevitable and imminent threat is ammissible as a reason to enact a "simple" MDP. (In general, one doesn't need to be already bleeding to defend against an attack: the threat is an acceptable reason to act.)

I wouldn't further hijack the discussion, anyway: if you're interested in this please send me a PM (or start another thread, and link it to me).

BnT, why are you trying so hard to spin this against Viridia?
His crude posting reminds me of when he harassed Polar for the better part of nine months so, if I had to guess, I'd say he had an agenda.

I mean, what other logical reason is there to blame VE for this thread which, up until GGA started repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot, was really pretty civil? Or to bring up some massively ineffective dirt from two years ago?

How not to spin?

Dude, this is a text-book example of how not to do anything.

o hizzy :wub:

<snip>

We really should have accepted you when you applied.

Edited by Fallen_Fool

His crude posting reminds me of when he trolled Polar for the better part of nine months so, if I had to guess, I'd say he had an agenda.

He might have an agenda but at least he doesn't have any real material to push it with.

His crude posting reminds me of when he trolled Polar for the better part of nine months so, if I had to guess, I'd say he had an agenda.

I mean, what other logical reason is there to blame VE for this thread which, up until GGA started repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot, was really pretty civil? Or to bring up some massively ineffective dirt from two years ago?

An astute observation. There is most definitely an agenda. Word has it that certain parties are somewhat vexed with Virdian Entente's recent behaviour and policy direction. I imagine it's time to once again begin the smear campaign in preparation for desired future developments.

I call them out on it. I wouldn't like it much myself. If I really liked the alliance maybe I'd merge. That's just me. If this is what is happening tp GGA and they accept it then so be it. It's none of my concern.

To the best of my knowledge, the action of "call them out on it" was what got ShanePrince into the situation he's in now and why he no longer is in GGA.

We're talking about Valhalla. They don't need real material.
You said it. Not me. :popcorn:
This isn't quite the same, to be fair. Viridia's leaders didn't speak of dancing on GGA's graves. This time he has no good reason to behave this way. ;)
Indeed, though I'm not admitting Polar totally deserved what it got, when it got it. :v:

Just pointing out what I perceive as similarities.

:wub:

Sorry, I had to.

It's cool, I laughed. :wub:

Indeed, though I'm not admitting Polar totally deserved what it got, when it got it. :v:

Just pointing out what I perceive as similarities.

It's cool, I laughed. :wub:

Aww, I edited my post, but too late it seems.

I just really wanted to say something so that you all could see my shiny new level nine fighter badge (below).

Thread of the year? It seems to have everything.

Much to the detriment of GGA, yes this thread harkens back to the old days. This thread is definitely a thread that people will remember for a long time.

I do hope that GGA does find a way to right the ship and get their sovereignty back.

An astute observation. There is most definitely an agenda. Word has it that certain parties are somewhat vexed with Virdian Entente's recent behaviour and policy direction. I imagine it's time to once again begin the smear campaign in preparation for desired future developments.

Yeah, but I can see where the upset people are coming from I mean who does VE think they are doing things like standing up for their allies, sticking up for themselves and having a mind of their own, it must be infuriating.

Edited by KingSrqt

I do hope that GGA does find a way to right the ship and get their sovereignty back.

I don't. It would get rid of all the lulz. Then again GGA will always find a way.

So the logs posted by VP in this thread containing guests such as Degenerate are faked? There aren't many defences GGA haven't attempted during their spin, but faked logs is one I would've steered well clear of.

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

VP should know better by now because nobody with any brains trusts logs posted by VP.

Heck nobody with half a brain trusts any IRC log.

You know just when this thread was going good for you guys and dying....you come in here and post something that people can argue about. Seriously, listen to the gag order your gov placed on you. It's for your own good!

VP should know better by now because nobody with any brains trusts logs posted by VP.

GGA Gov and members already confirmed that they are real, try again.

edit :

You know just when this thread was going good for you guys and dying....you come in here and post something that people can argue about. Seriously, listen to the gag order your gov placed on you. It's for your own good!

So true.

Edited by Xavii

Wow, stunning defense. Can't top that guys.

Also

We are the GGA. Lower your shields.

Rather ironic ^_^

Edited by AvengerNL

Heh, didnt know that you couldnt request locks anymore :P

Didn't know you couldn't read either. Cornelius' post went entirely ignored a few pages back from your "posts" ...

To the best of my knowledge, the action of "call them out on it" was what got ShanePrince into the situation he's in now and why he no longer is in GGA.

Your knowledge is correct.

Yeah, but I can see where the upset people are coming from I mean who does VE think they are doing things like standing up for their allies, sticking up for themselves and having a mind of their own, it must be infuriating.

Infuriates me too. That's why I left <_<

Really tho .. :wub: VE :wub: