Tonight on Supernanny: Oceanic Kingdom

Usually you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you unless it's already turned to starving or strangling you.

I have to agree with this initial point.

I do wonder what they were thinking.

I feel the question, Doitzel, is not what they were thinking. It is a matter of if they were thinking at all. -_-

And as someone who thinks very highly of Fark and how they do things, I'm guessing the answer to my question is no. (Or, the answer to yours is "absolutely nothing".)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hold no true opinion about this, but looking at the size of Oceanic Kingdom is there truly anything they can do if a member nation does not pay back the tech. It's not as though they have nations economically strong enough to repay the tech, but again I have no opinion on the matter, how you exact your tech from them is none of my concern.

CSN wishes FARK the best in correcting the deplorable behavior of Oceanic Kingdom.

On a personal note, I'd hope that FARK will find someone to war with more their size in the future so that the people of Turkeybowl may march onto the battlefield in aid.

Despicable, Evil and completely over the top, Fark really have scrapped the bottom of the barrel with this Aqua on Aqua crime.

All these things I would have said, if OK hadn't actually deserved this, scamming is bad mkay, and scamming your color brethren is even worse.

May Farkistans casualty counts increase , may they horde juicy land, and take back their well earned Tech.

Would be interesting to see real screens of the talks. Most larger alliance think they where being fair when they where really screaming threats and talking down to the party they had problems with.

Would be interesting to see your posts if you actually had any experience of how Fark has treated alliances smaller than them in the past.

I hold no true opinion about this, but looking at the size of Oceanic Kingdom is there truly anything they can do if a member nation does not pay back the tech. It's not as though they have nations economically strong enough to repay the tech, but again I have no opinion on the matter, how you exact your tech from them is none of my concern.

All we were looking for from day 1 was a)some sort of acknowledgment from the leadership that deals made under their banner actually were their responsibility if there was some problem with delivery, and b)some sort of good faith effort or assurance that they would at least TRY to resolve it in a timely manner. The best we got was "when our alliance is stronger maybe we can look into repaying you."

We don't go into this all "BLARG WOAR PWNZR!" But seems nothing else was working.

It takes a lot to annoy Fark into dropping a protectorate and even more to get them to declare war on you. It's sad to see intra-Aqua warfare but OK didn't really leave many other options.

Fenrir, aid scamming is a well known and as far as I know completely supported reason to attack an individual. If an alliance is doing it on a wider scale, it is a perfectly good reason to attack the alliance. Representatives of the tech selling alliances will tell you that covering deletions or defaults of their nations is an important part of their service, and although not doing so is not grounds for war, supporting large scale defaulting is in my view.

Would be interesting to see your posts if you actually had any experience of how Fark has treated alliances smaller than them in the past.

No need to defend my honor, hah. I'll admit to trying to make a few threats, but only after we had tried every other polite option left to us. You know, when the only remaining choices were "violence" and "threaten violence." Now, they both have "violence" in them, so at a glance there may not seem to be much different. However, in practice, most people seem to prefer the endgame to culminate in mere "threatened violence" instead of the actual thing. So it seemed prudent to at least give it a try.

Plus, as chief diplomat, I never get to be bad cop anymore, so when I saw that they weren't going to cooperate, I saw my chance to stretch my wings a bit.