Joint Siberian Tiger Alliance-New Sith Order Announcement

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a protectorate.

After discussions with Ivan Moldavi, Dark Lord of the New Sith Order, it has been agreed to extend the Temporary Protection Agreement for an additional 2 weeks.

The agreement has been altered slightly due to the rapid growth of the New Sith Order and is now a Temporary Defence Agreement.

Well then. Looks like I shall be eating my shoes for an early breakfast:P

Thanks for doing the hard work for me, Sileath:P

Glaze your shoes with Diana Sauce and it'll go down easier than the red-head from my 3rd period french class.

Temporary MDPs... I think that STA "only" can ever need them.

uhh... wut?

Everybody knows that STA is one of the most honourable alliances on Planet Avril, and they wouldn't drop a treaty just because the wind is changing.

From this derives the need to have a temporary treaty with someone they may not perfectly know yet, but they're willing to help for a while nonetheless: to not have to withdraw from a permanent treaty, should they later find that signing with the NSO was a mistake.

At least, this is the best explanation I found for this treaty being temporary (not that my reasoning is relevant anyway, but I felt obliged to explain after your response, hizzy).

uhh... wut?

Everybody knows that STA is one of the most honourable alliances on Planet Avril, and they wouldn't drop a treaty just because the wind is changing.

From this derives the need to have a temporary treaty with someone they may not perfectly know yet, but they're willing to help for a while nonetheless: to not have to withdraw from a permanent treaty, should they later find that signing with the NSO was a mistake.

At least, this is the best explanation I found for this treaty being temporary (not that my reasoning is relevant anyway, but I felt obliged to explain after your response, hizzy).

Ah ok, the response is much appreciated, and I think a rather good take on the situation, but knowing Tyga, and from what I've heard about Ivan, I think there's a little more to it than that ;)

To be honest, the reason I asked was simply because it almost sounded as though you were saying STA doesn't honour their treaties, which made me kinda stare at the screen for a moment before my ears started bleeding.

That's a relief though.

uhh... wut?

Ahh, thank you. I too was a bit perplexed by that initial comment.

It is one of the things I love about this alliance that they don't do hoardes of diplomacy and the diplomacy they do is up front and direct. The stipulation where it is directly stated when the protection becomes optional is truly a breath of fresh air.

With that being said.

o/ STA

o/ NSO

The treaty is temporary for one reason and one reason only:

The leadership of the NSO does not yet know where they are taking their alliance, and are still forming their foreign policies. Until that's been figured out, Ivan Moldavi requested that protection be declared temporary.

That's really all there is to it.