This Week in Pacifica

You guys will be eating these posts if Vox doesn't post anything new from the tC forums.

Or just know that they are waiting till the most opportune time to do so.

However, your failure to offer anything concrete or any actual facts to show that Vox does not have a spy and just keep blindly asserting it is acknowledged. Thanks for providing us more good evidence that one in fact exists. B)

Edited by Azaghul

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys will be eating these posts if Vox doesn't post anything new from the tC forums.

The apathy of CN is so much that no one really cares one way or the other. We're all just waiting on a black hole to swallow the Cyberverse and end our misery.

The apathy of CN is so much that no one really cares one way or the other. We're all just waiting on a black hole to swallow the Cyberverse and end our misery.

Never has a post more accurately represented my feelings in all my years on the internet. Thank you.

Slayer, you're just lettin' em get a rise out of you. Clearly this debate will go nowhere, so why continue it?

*Sigh* we need another war.

These guys don't remember how to have a war, it's been too long.

I think the world would be sufficiently satisfied if we never post the new screens--we know what we've got, you know what we've got, and they've all seen us do it.

Your attempts at reverse psychology are poor at best.

Unless it's double-reverse psychology, in which case, you win the game.

EDIT:

@Shantamantan: I think it'd be prudent to almost avoid posting actual screenshots and simply post information in your own words. It cuts down on the risk for your methods, and you've already proved that your methods are legitimate. . . you've already established credibility with everyone who is open-minded enough to listen to you.

Edited by MaGneT

@Shantamantan: I think it'd be prudent to almost avoid posting actual screenshots and simply post information in your own words. It cuts down on the risk for your methods, and you've already proved that your methods are legitimate. . . you've already established credibility with everyone who is open-minded enough to listen to you.

The battle against the Vox Populi Ministry of Science is like fighting viruses--There's no prevention, just a hope that you can understand and respond fast enough.

The battle against the Vox Populi Ministry of Science is like fighting viruses--There's no prevention, just a hope that you can understand and respond fast enough.

Excuse me!? Are you saying you support virus attacks?

Your attempts at reverse psychology are poor at best.

Unless it's double-reverse psychology, in which case, you win the game.

EDIT:

It's not really primarily about the information they are posting.

You kinda backed yourself into a corner man.

If you'll refer back to the professionally made charts I posted which definitely took more than 3 minutes to draw in a professional design program, you'll find that at some point after Feb. 24 there is a spy in the sanctum.

Thus, the onus is on YOU to prove that you caught the spy.

If Vox chooses not to post anything new for a day... a week... a month... well, that can be chalked up to simply choosing not to post, or avoiding getting caught.

It's like, let's say a girl sends you a picture which definitively proves she's a girl.

Would you wonder, 2 weeks later, if she still was a girl? Would you argue that she could be a guy because you have not seen recent pictures to prove she is a girl? I would hope not. You would consider her to be a girl until someone showed you proof of her sex-change.

Your charts were quite epic.

That being said, if there was a spai, why would I divulge it here? Surely, the more intelligent readers will realize that there are other possibilities and screenshots are not proof that there's a spy in the Continuum Top 3.

Additionally, if I had proof to refute the spy theory, why would I post it here to divulge methods and sources that our enemies could exploit? I don't think so.

Funny thing is, I'm normally the tinfoil hat guy in tC...and I will tell you that I trust our allies in tC and I don't believe anyone in tC to be a spy for Vox.

I think the world would be sufficiently satisfied if we never post the new screens--we know what we've got, you know what we've got, and they've all seen us do it.

Which is shorthand for saying you got nothing else...and your intent now is to spread distrust amongst allies in tC. Good luck with that....

Your charts were quite epic.

That being said, if there was a spai, why would I divulge it here? Surely, the more intelligent readers will realize that there are other possibilities and screenshots are not proof that there's a spy in the Continuum Top 3.

Additionally, if I had proof to refute the spy theory, why would I post it here to divulge methods and sources that our enemies could exploit? I don't think so.

Funny thing is, I'm normally the tinfoil hat guy in tC...and I will tell you that I trust our allies in tC and I don't believe anyone in tC to be a spy for Vox.

Those "other possibilities", all unlikely, could be explained without you revealing your methods of figuring it out. I'm sure Vox would know if whatever way they got it was no longer available and also know how they did it, so you telling us how they did it and that the hole has been filled wouldn't reveal to them any more than they already know. And if it was something like hacking an account (the only real possibility that doesn't involve some form of spy on the inside) than you'd be milking all you could for anti-Vox propaganda value.

I think the truth is you really don't know how they got access and are simply in denial that Vox could have gotten a spy. If you don't know how they got access, it's most likely that whatever they are doing, which is most likely having an informant, still works.

If you actually read the thread you will see that I wrote a post explaining how the only reasonable alternatives were:

- Vox have an agent in the top 3 of Continuum: a spy

- A top 3 member of Continuum is leaking material which is then being given to Vox: a leak/spy (and considering the long history of leaks going back way before Vox, the most likely imo)

- A top 3 member allowing Vox to share their account: a spy

- A top 3 member posts screenshots somewhere he shouldn't and someone in a lower governmental tier sends them to Vox: a spy, albeit not in top 3. Seems unlikely because why would a person in this position post screenshots? You would expect quotes or a textual summary.

- Vox hacking someone's account: not spying, but unlikely because you would have made a big scene about that, and also [ooc] because Vox have consistently objected to the use of OOC means to gain IC advantage [/ooc].

I don't see how any 'tinfoil' is involved in the logical deduction "Screenshots of a secure forum are sent to Vox => There is a spy within the people who have access to that secure forum". Since you are the one peddling an illogical outcome, it is really you who needs to explain yourself.

Also, the last time you refused to make a statement on these boards about something was the CB for the NoV war, [ooc]due to the fact that it involved RL accusations which would break the rules here[/ooc]. Are you refusing to make a statement about this spy because you are again unable to speak about it here but feel the need to say something anyway?

If you actually read the thread you will see that I wrote a post explaining how the only reasonable alternatives were:

- Vox have an agent in the top 3 of Continuum: a spy

- A top 3 member of Continuum is leaking material which is then being given to Vox: a leak/spy (and considering the long history of leaks going back way before Vox, the most likely imo)

- A top 3 member allowing Vox to share their account: a spy

- A top 3 member posts screenshots somewhere he shouldn't and someone in a lower governmental tier sends them to Vox: a spy, albeit not in top 3. Seems unlikely because why would a person in this position post screenshots? You would expect quotes or a textual summary.

- Vox hacking someone's account: not spying, but unlikely because you would have made a big scene about that, and also [ooc] because Vox have consistently objected to the use of OOC means to gain IC advantage [/ooc].

I don't see how any 'tinfoil' is involved in the logical deduction "Screenshots of a secure forum are sent to Vox => There is a spy within the people who have access to that secure forum". Since you are the one peddling an illogical outcome, it is really you who needs to explain yourself.

Also, the last time you refused to make a statement on these boards about something was the CB for the NoV war, [ooc]due to the fact that it involved RL accusations which would break the rules here[/ooc]. Are you refusing to make a statement about this spy because you are again unable to speak about it here but feel the need to say something anyway?

Nicely stated.

If you truly believe that then unlike your counterpart Vladimir you are not purposely running a disinformation campaign. Rather it would appear you are just naive.