Declaration of Intent, Structure and Presence

Or, they're all hypocrites feigning offense for a half-assed excuse to a start war they've been planning for months.

There's that possibility too.

They've been planning to go to war with an alliance that didn't exist a week ago for months now? That is some scary awesome foresight. More likely I just misunderstood you, but I like my version better.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like people are storing that as a future cassus belli?

Still either that or Ivan has made CN's first Washing Machine Alliance. You go in with ZI all over your clothes and come out later sparkly white.

I believe that one of us has misinterpreted what NSO's policy regarding their involvement in removing members from ZI lists. From my understanding, NSO shall play a role of non-involvement for clearing past grievances of its members. They are simply providing a community to be a part of while the member is working out their problems on their own, and a haven against the many tech. raiders that would pounce on an unaligned nation as it petitions for its freedom. NSO will not be aiding militarily or diplomatically the nation in question with regards to its former conflicts, but shall protect it from future conflict and provide a comminuty for the nation to be a part of.

Again, as I mentioned earlier, CSN has had experience with this in a single member that left to join Vox briefly during its formation. That member returned to CSN while under the sentance of ZI. We welcomed him with open arms and provided our protection against any new attacks not stemming from his Vox membership. However, he was left on his own to get out from under the shadow of his Vox affiliations. There were a few discussions about his status, but once explained that CSN was not stepping in to protect him from the ramifications of his Vox association, his wearing of our alliance affiliation was not questioned.

This was but one single case, but a common sense approach to the concept can be used to not only allow the nation membership in a community, but not cause conflict between the alliance and those looking to exact punishment from the nation in question. I look forward to seeing how this works out on a grander scale, as it seems that NSO will have multiple members under ZI and other punishments from their previous actions before joining NSO.

OOC: I also hope that the inclusion of the people under sentances of ZI/PZI/EZI/we ruin game for u! in a community will help to keep them from leaving for good. I find anything more than a single ZI at most to be more akin to griefing than logical 'punishment' for IC actions as it weakens our community as a whole.

Really? Why? Because I am willing to include those that have been cast out from other places in a community? I have stated my peaceful intentions. I have stated that I will not support or oppose the status quo but will simply seek my own path.

I have not offered any nation on a ZI list protection. I have stated that they can join the alliance but that they must handle their business themselves. How is that remotely casus belli?

As an alliance leader who thinks PZI and EZI are full of ...well, fail, I support this idea, even if it doesn't cover protection, ostracizing seems so..2006.

Best of luck to the NSO and their endeavors.

Though you might not offer condemned nations support and protection, would they still have the same avenues to power as a regular member?

That is, would a nation on a ZI list, provided they prove themselves as having enough skill, have the potential to advance through the ranks to a possible governmental position?

I think the NSO attitude to members in ZI will only cause them problems if the punishing organizations deem protection from independent instruments of punishment* (or more prosaically, tech raiders) was part of their original ZI punishment plan.

*for three million you can keep the 'Independent Instruments of Punishment' as a alliance name.

Edited by Hymenbreach

Most alliances that knowingly accept PZI nations get rolled.

NSO is easily the most popular alliance on Bob right now.

If alliances that dislike TSO didn't have the political capital to attack them, probably one of the most disliked alliances on Bob, they sure as hell can't afford going after NSO.

That simple. Ivan's prestige has rendered the act of rolling NSO political suicide.

If a ZI nation causes a problem, we will make sure they do not affect the alliance. The purpose of them being with the New Sith Order is for once their sentence is off to become full members with all powers and responsibilities. If they are attacked for being on ZI, we will not defend them. They deal with their own baggage.

If a member is caught aiding a ZI nation, if they're also put on a ZI list then they will just have to deal with it.

If they are attacked for being on ZI, we will not defend them. They deal with their own baggage.

If a member is caught aiding a ZI nation, if they're also put on a ZI list then they will just have to deal with it.

What about these 'Independent Implements of Punishment?' If a zi list member is attacked by a tech raider, will you support them then?

What about these 'Independent Implements of Punishment?' If a zi list member is attacked by a tech raider, will you support them then?

If one would be so foolish as to tech raid a member of an alliance that is rapidly approaching has passed 1M NS, I can assure you that if for some reason, NSO is unable to defend them, STA is ready, willing, and able.

Edited by pezstar

Though you might not offer condemned nations support and protection, would they still have the same avenues to power as a regular member?

That is, would a nation on a ZI list, provided they prove themselves as having enough skill, have the potential to advance through the ranks to a possible governmental position?

Members are not currently allowed to hold government positions until they get their outstanding ZI/PZI issues sorted out and erectified.

Members are not currently allowed to hold government positions until they get their outstanding ZI/PZI issues sorted out and erectified.

*snicker* :awesome:

I look forward to the next new alliance being called "Independent Implements of Punishment"... it actually does sound pretty snazzy.

If one would be so foolish as to tech raid a member of an alliance that is rapidly approaching has passed 1M NS, I can assure you that if for some reason, NSO is unable to defend them, STA is ready, willing, and able.

So, as i said earlier, a PZI instigator could feel unhappy that collateral damage from tech raiders is being prevented and a possible element of punishment is being sidestepped? Just a thought. It's up to the instigators to make that call.

*I bring this up only as an intellectual act of chin stroking, not to cause difficulty for the NSO, btw.

Edited by Hymenbreach

So, as i said earlier, a PZI instigator could feel unhappy that collateral damage from tech raiders is being prevented and a possible element of punishment is being sidestepped? Just a thought. It's up to the instigators to make that call.

*I bring this up only as an intellectual act of chin stroking, not to cause difficulty for the NSO, btw.

By that logic, during large scale wars, nations who are not at war would have a legitimate grievance because they suffer losses due to a worse environment due to global radiation from the large numbers of nukes that are flying around, but have nothing to do with them.

Edited by pezstar

I've never really known it to be the policy of any alliance to rely on tech raiders to do their bidding. It is in these cases, though, that diplomatic channels always seem to best solution.

I've never really known it to be the policy of any alliance to rely on tech raiders to do their bidding. It is in these cases, though, that diplomatic channels always seem to best solution.

Actually, most respectable alliances frown upon such attackers. Usually they screw up a stagger or steal loot that could otherwise have gone to their own nations. I doubt this will be an issue, and anyone who makes one out of it is probably looking to stir the pot anyways so they may as well be met head-on under your own terms (from my experiences anyways).

Actually, most respectable alliances frown upon such attackers. Usually they screw up a stagger or steal loot that could otherwise have gone to their own nations. I doubt this will be an issue, and anyone who makes one out of it is probably looking to stir the pot anyways so they may as well be met head-on under your own terms (from my experiences anyways).

We love having reasons to keep our swords sharpened. ;)