An attack upon IRON

Finster Baby

Jesus its only a game and yet you people take it too seriously.

Think about it. If you get arrested for hacking a forum for a COMPUTER GAME that would make you look well...pathetic.

All i can say to the people who hack any forums to go outside and fight a bear because your not invincible.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty pathetic to do something like that regardless of the reasons, worse still because of how little effect it will have other than annoying the other party. I can't help but imagine the perpetrators as anything other than spotty bespactacled teenage kids with far too much free time sitting in their parents' darkened basements and chortling to themselves in between sips of prune juice as they derive some odd sense of self-worth from using a hacking tool they didn't make and couldn't understand to cause other people minor hassle. Hope that's some consolation.

yes the attacks on the forums suck but I have to agree that this is not really the place to talk about them. It is not the game and does not belong on the forum in my opinion and all it will do is give the people who did it the satisfaction of their acts being brought to light which is what they really wanted in the first place.

I may be in the minority on this, but I think we should not have posted the details of the incident. We should have just had a quick announcement about an outage that has been fixed without ever mentioning the cause.

The reason behind our forum outage is an internal alliance OOC issue, there is not reason to bring the rest of CN into this.

All i can say to the people who hack any forums to go outside and fight a bear because your not invincible.

:lol:

Go outside and fight a bear?

edit: dude, I'm sigging that. That's one of the most nonsensically funny things I've read here.

Edited by Sal Paradise

Pretty pathetic to do something like that regardless of the reasons, worse still because of how little effect it will have other than annoying the other party. I can't help but imagine the perpetrators as anything other than spotty bespactacled teenage kids with far too much free time sitting in their parents' darkened basements and chortling to themselves in between sips of prune juice as they derive some odd sense of self-worth from using a hacking tool they didn't make and couldn't understand to cause other people minor hassle. Hope that's some consolation.

Can't the same be said for the bespectacled teenagers with far too much free time who sit around in their parents' darkened basements chortling to themselves in between sips of prune juice as they derive some odd sense of self-worth from keeping their enemies in an browser game in a perpetual, hopeless state of war while dismissing their victims' complaints about being kept out of the game with the excuse that they are still technically playing the game, only that they are constantly being attacked... in the game.

See what I did there? I'm not saying I support DoS attacks, I'm not saying I even have any particular sympathy for the Jarheads or DevilDogs or whatever they are. What I am saying is that we live in a world where an eye goes for an eye. If you hit someone you should at the very least not act so surprised when they return the favor.

IRON, I am sorry about what happened to your website but good luck trying trying to sue anyone over the internet. It just never works out.

I don't know why people keep arguing with Vox when obviously it's what they want. Ignoring them won't make them go away but bickering back and forth certainly isn't helping.

I for one am glad this was posted here so that I, a member who doesn't use IRC, can find out what is going on. I could care less what other motives we may or may not have had in positing this. I know Vox would NEVER use propaganda to suit their needs but the rest of us can't be so perfect :rolleyes: .

Edited by Authur

IRON, I am sorry about what happened to your website but good luck trying trying to sue anyone over the internet. It just never works out.

Thats where your wrong. Links have already been provided showing that internet crimes are taken as serious as if some guy were to try to rob your house.

It's a Canadian thing.

No bears around where I live. Unless you go down to Davie St. But those might not be the kind of bears you're looking for.

Sal Paradise: You will find that just about everything our beloved NAH does makes no sense....lol

I must offer IRON my most sincere thanks for sheltering him and allowing him to flourish.

Who's looking to Sue? Obviously that never works out! Now as for finding out whom is doing it it does happen and usually when you hand over information to lets say FBI they are found. Now if this person or persons are one of the top 100 hackers in the world then oh well.

Also come on this is totally outrageous and this should never happen to any Alliance. simple as that! Anything regarding Cyber Nations should never go that far!

General DRU ZOD

An update:

Not soon after our IC announcement of War against Jarheads, our Forums came under attack again.

Draw your own conclusions.

We're working on getting them back, etc. etc.

XFD

Drawing a conclusion from the fact that you declared on a bunch of 12 year olds in online game?

Who's to say this isn't *chan or /b/ or some other site or group that dislikes CN?

How about the people who LOVE to bot channels on IRC?

Thats where your wrong. Links have already been provided showing that internet crimes are taken as serious as if some guy were to try to rob your house.

/me points to when CN was hacked

Nothing was done to Gonz or Cox.

Seriously?

As far as I am concerned, denial of service attacks against some browser game clan isn't on the top priorities list of anyone who will pursue "internet crime". I know of several instances of actually serious fraud and theft happening over the internet such as hackers attacking companies or pyramid schemes but the case of a DoS attack on some CN alliance just doesn't seem like something people in the real world care enough about. DoS attacks happen everyday on more important websites than IRON's all over the web and nothing can be done short of repairing the damage inflicted.

But never mind, I am going off on a tangent I shouldn't.

XFD

Drawing a conclusion from the fact that you declared on a bunch of 12 year olds in online game?

Who's to say this isn't *chan or /b/ or some other site or group that dislikes CN?

How about the people who LOVE to bot channels on IRC?

/me points to when CN was hacked

Nothing was done to Gonz or Cox.

He is simply speculating based on the fact that this happened before to the NPO forums when they were having problems with Jarheads/Devil Dogs and the suspicious timing. It doesn't really matter who we think did it though becuase any actions legal or otherwise have to be preformed by our host.

Edited by Authur

He is simply speculating based on the fact that this happened before to the NPO forums when they were having problems with Jarheads/Devil Dogs. It doesn't really matter who we think did it though becuase any actions legal or otherwise have to be preformed by our host.

Speculation can lead to people getting more annoyed at a group than they have to be. Example: people blaming /b/ for stealing the source code.

Yes, everyone had a right to want to murder /b/ and then kick their corpse until it turned into dust, but they didn't have to blame the stolen source code on them. It was stolen 2 months before it was leaked.

Seriously?

As far as I am concerned, denial of service attacks against some browser game clan isn't on the top priorities list of anyone who will pursue "internet crime". I know of several instances of actually serious fraud and theft happening over the internet such as hackers attacking companies or pyramid schemes but the case of a DoS attack on some CN alliance just doesn't seem like something people in the real world care enough about. DoS attacks happen everyday on more important websites than IRON's all over the web and nothing can be done short of repairing the damage inflicted.

But never mind, I am going off on a tangent I shouldn't.

Ok, fine, please spend money on making a forum and I'll preform a DoS on it. Wouldn't you be pissed? And what about the other people who use the host site? Their forums might have been effected as well.

Ok, fine, please spend money on making a forum and I'll preform a DoS on it. Wouldn't you be pissed? And what about the other people who use the host site? Their forums might have been effected as well.

Whether or not their actions have angered you and your friends is irrelevant. Your website was hacked because you have decided to keep a bunch of new players down from the beginning of their CN career as they doubtless are fighting back in the only way they can. Arguably so, at least. My point is that legal action is not an option.

Whether or not their actions have angered you and your friends is irrelevant. Your website was hacked because you have decided to keep a bunch of new players down from the beginning of their CN career as they doubtless are fighting back in the only way they can. Arguably so, at least. My point is that legal action is not an option.

He's an idiot don't try to reason with him, he's probably a lawbreaker himself which is why he keeps saying that. He knows nothing and therefore is nothing. He meaning Tom just to clarify.

Edited by DracosLover

He's an idiot don't try to reason with him, he's probably a lawbreaker himself which is why he keeps saying that. He knows nothing and therefore is nothing. He meaning Tom just to clarify.

For a second there I thought you meant me. :blush: