Revelations

Madmonkey24

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both logs are clearly edited to serve the poster's objective, really... two edited logs. It happens. But nevertheless interesting. Though Moo's is most likely the most real, I mean why the hell would he tell anything to Monkey?

Edited by BarbulaM1

Okay now, who exactly are you now? Someone who is selling out his co-conspirators in exchange for peace. Clearly not a trustworthy fellow. Now, Moo, like him or hate him, he isn't stupid. Who are you again, Madmonkey? No one Moo would be telling his evil plan to. Especially if you're offering to hand him logs. He'd know that you'd be more likely to give away your logs with him than someone who doesn't share logs. Really now, think about this for a moment people. So my guess is that these logs are fake.

Another theory could be that Moo was simply pulling this fellow's leg here. I mean, what could he have that the NPO would want? Obviously he's not a great spy master or he wouldn't have gotten caught. Whatever gold Madmonkey thinks he has, well, it's probably not that good. Despite what he thinks, because he obviously thinks he has the biggest secret of all time, which is probably the NPO's war guide, because nobody has ever seen the NPO's war guide before. Really, think about this for a moment.....

^I know other have already said it, but this pretty much sums it up perfectly.

@Gatherum: Just because the first timestamp is missing doesn't mean the logs are fake. As it's the first line of that segment it's almost certainly because he just copy+pasted it (from the logs) wrongly; it happens to me all the time :(

@Gatherum: Just because the first timestamp is missing doesn't mean the logs are fake. As it's the first line of that segment it's almost certainly because he just copy+pasted it (from the logs) wrongly; it happens to me all the time :(

Well it definitively proves that one set of logs are edited.

Without seeing what was in that email I can't say how good or bad a spy ring MadMonkey had. But I do have two comments:

1. Why the heck did you post all those logs of you waiting to talk to Moo?!? They were pointless and worthless and you deserve to get your neck rung for wasting my time with those.

2. If you're going to run a spy ring or spy yourself please please do it right. Doing it right firstly means don't get caught, which I believe you failed at. After that doing it right means DON'T TRADE YOUR FELLOW SPIES FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL GAIN! You deserve to be hung, shot, and put in the electric chair all at the same time for even thinking of doing such a thing! Those people trusted you and you offered to stab them in the back. Thats just Grade A lame.

Edited by Ragashingo

Without seeing what was in that email I can't say how good or bad a spy ring MadMonkey had. But I do have two comments:

1. Why the heck did you post all those logs of you waiting to talk to Moo?!? They were pointless and worthless and you deserve to get your neck rung for wasting my time with those.

2. If you're going to run a spy ring or spy yourself please please do it right. Doing it right firstly means don't get caught, which I believe you failed at. After that doing it right means DON'T TRADE YOUR FELLOW SPIES FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL GAIN! You deserve to be hung, shot, and put in the electric chair all at the same time for even thinking of doing such a thing! Those people trusted you and you offered to stab them in the back. Thats just Grade A lame.

This man is clearly an experienced spy.

Are you sure? I mean, I will give Moo one thing: He is so careful that he cits the timestamp out of the line that he wants us to see...

2. If you're going to run a spy ring or spy yourself please please do it right. Doing it right firstly means don't get caught, which I believe you failed at. After that doing it right means DON'T TRADE YOUR FELLOW SPIES FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL GAIN!. You deserve to be hung, shot, and put in the electric chair all at the same time for even thinking of doing such a thing! Those people trusted you and you offered to stab them in the back. Thats just Grade A lame.

I think you missed what he was trying to do.

Although you bring up an interesting point, in that he had a lot of fluff at the start. Now that I think about it, I even spent most of my time considering and coming to the conclusion that the logs at the beginning were real. Now, why might someone bother putting tons of pointless but credible logs on top of what is supposed to be a huge revelation instead of cutting straight to the chase and just posting relevant logs. Hmm... :rolleyes:

Although you bring up an interesting point, in that he had a lot of fluff at the start. Now that I think about it, I even spent most of my time considering and coming to the conclusion that the logs at the beginning were real. Now, why might someone bother putting tons of pointless but credible logs on top of what is supposed to be a huge revelation instead of cutting straight to the chase and just posting relevant logs. Hmm... :rolleyes:

Its called context.

Four lines of relevant logs could be easily called into question.

You want a shocking log dump, here is shocking and unedited.

<@TheBad[shuruIsMyHero]> if you do I will tell you about Saber telling me TOP is attacking Sparta

<@Saber[TOP]> it's true

<@TheBad[shuruIsMyHero]> and CJ told me they are attacking NATO

<@Saber[TOP]> We hate their guts, we want to take them down!

<&Slayer99[TPF]> I just want to know when we get to hit Valhalla

<@Saber[TOP]> WE WANT #3 IN NS!

<@TheBad[shuruIsMyHero]> shhh Slayer thats secret

<@Saber[TOP]> SPARTA, SURRENDER #3 TO TOP

<@Saber[TOP]> OR ELSE

<@TheBad[shuruIsMyHero]> OH SNAP

<@Saber[TOP]> WE'LL BETRAY YOU!

<@TheBad[shuruIsMyHero]> death to Vahalla

<@TheBad[shuruIsMyHero]> I mean

<@TheBad[shuruIsMyHero]> uh never mind

<@Doctor_Fresh[MCXA]> psht sparta will have to get #3 from us first!

<@MCRABT[iRON]> Death to Valhalla!

<@TheBad[shuruIsMyHero]> you are getting attacked by NPO

<@TheBad[shuruIsMyHero]> Moo said so

<@TheBad[shuruIsMyHero]> he is one sneaky cow

<@MCRABT[iRON]> Well then I refuse to buy any of Moo's dairy products anymore

I wouldn't be surprised if both logs were edited, but the first line missing a timestamp isn't exactly damning - it's not uncommon for me to forget to include the first time stamp or other elements of the first line (like cutting off the < preceding the name) while highlighting sections of logs to show others, and I'd hazard a guess that others have a tendency towards similar mistakes.

Its called context.

Four lines of relevant logs could be easily called into question.

He didn't need so much context that people stopped reading before getting to the part that was supposed to be interesting. Unless he wanted to build up credibility by using logs that read realistically to put on top of logs that, honestly, just look wrong. There is a sharp change of tone at the end for no apparent reason.

Are you sure? I mean, I will give Moo one thing: He is so careful that he cits the timestamp out of the line that he wants us to see...

I don't see how that is relevant, but then again, I don't determine fakes by timestamps and the such. I determine them based on the likelihood that the alleged conversation would have ever taken place. Even if you're right about the timestamps, does it explain why Moo would tell this guy about his plans to betray his allies? Maybe it's just me, but you'd think that betrayal wouldn't be something you'd be telling random people about. Really, this just defies logic that Moo would be telling this guy anything.

Hmm, perhaps I did. What was he trying to do then?

I don't see how that is relevant, but then again, I don't determine fakes by timestamps and the such. I determine them based on the likelihood that the alleged conversation would have ever taken place. Even if you're right about the timestamps, does it explain why Moo would tell this guy about his plans to betray his allies? Maybe it's just me, but you'd think that betrayal wouldn't be something you'd be telling random people about. Really, this just defies logic that Moo would be telling this guy anything.

They are clearly fake, that doesn't make this topic any less entertaining.

They are clearly fake, that doesn't make this topic any less entertaining.

Actually, it makes it considerably less entertaining, since NPO plotting against Citadel and IRON would make for a quite dramatic shake up of politics, whereas this topic is just silly.