Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it seems that most of MK likes it this way, I have to ask why this term was put into effect anyway. o.o I could understand if this were for an extended amount of time, but it seems as though any "permanent" term like this is important enough to question. Do you see nukes as immoral? o.o

I think it's more along the lines of they see nukes as something best reserved as a deterring factor. The use of nukes on first-strike basis generally does nothing more than escalate conflicts prematurely, lengthen their duration, and make more harsh the terms after the fact. Unless you believe that you are guaranteed to burn anyways, guaranteeing the first-strike nuke policy generally isn't going to do you as much good as you might think when everything pans out. The fact that a lot of MK seems to be okay with or likes backing off of guaranteeing first strikes suggests that they are starting to come in line with that same way of thinking, and don't foresee their existence threatened any time in the foreseeable future.

I think it's more along the lines of they see nukes as something best reserved as a deterring factor. The use of nukes on first-strike basis generally does nothing more than escalate conflicts prematurely, lengthen their duration, and make more harsh the terms after the fact. Unless you believe that you are guaranteed to burn anyways, guaranteeing the first-strike nuke policy generally isn't going to do you as much good as you might think when everything pans out. The fact that a lot of MK seems to be okay with or likes backing off of guaranteeing first strikes suggests that they are starting to come in line with that same way of thinking, and don't foresee their existence threatened any time in the foreseeable future.

Defending yourself is never a crime, just because we have agreed not to use nuclear weapons offensively doesn't mean we are buying into that rubbish.

Way to try and get allies and sympathisers here Northrend.

Why go and piss off people you are not even at war with?

Since when has pointing out observations been a crime? I'm sorry if I speak bluntly and without lies. As I said earlier the truth hurts.

Yes, your word choice does indeed suck. This statement reeks of so much pandering and grovelling it makes me sick to think that MK ever stood a chance at any point against the New Pacific Order. With a membership so ingratiated to the Emperor and his lap dogs how can anyone expect change. You people make me sick. It is sad to see that MK has been reduced to nothing but a shell of it's former self. With any luck, some true members of the vision that was once LUE will take MK to better futures.

You got all that from a post that essentially said 'thanks for letting us off early'?

Since when has pointing out observations been a crime? I'm sorry if I speak bluntly and without lies. As I said earlier the truth hurts.

Actually, only I speak truth. You, on the other hand, are only making yourself look like a fool. What would you have MK do? Declare war on the NPO right now and nuke them? Would that satisfy you? Please, tell me how being thankful for being released from terms early makes it so that the MK is bowing down to the NPO? I'm quite curious to know.

Actually, only I speak truth. You, on the other hand, are only making yourself look like a fool. What would you have MK do? Declare war on the NPO right now and nuke them? Would that satisfy you? Please, tell me how being thankful for being released from terms early makes it so that the MK is bowing down to the NPO? I'm quite curious to know.

RV has spoken.

What blind hatred? I'm merely pointing out that MK has gone out of their way in this thread to praise the mighty and all benevolent NPO for their kind actions. It's pathetic really.

So if NPO said Vox wasn't on PZI anymore and could exist freely you would not be happy and thank them? I know this is a bit less than PZI release, but still. Its a nice thing to do that MK likes, and so they thank NPO for it.

We never got terms and we're existing just fine thanks. I'd rather not sacrifice my principles for a few pixels. Infrastructure pales in comparison to the ability to do, and say as you please without fear of pissing off Pacifica.

That's your prerogative isn't it? Most alliances like to exist I've found and get to experience various parts of the ingame experience rather than being stuck out of them, yourselves and FAN being the only exceptions.

Wow, so wait, claiming that as long as you don't piss off the NPO you can have fun and be free to purchase whatever pixels you want for your nation is to be expected? Damn, here I thought we were free to play the game as we want. The fact that the user in question, like many others, have bent over backwards to compliment the NPO for their exceeding "kindness" is what bothers me. It looks like love to me. All you have managed to accomplish is to fulfill the role NPO wants you to be.

Thank you NPO for letting good friends of mine who were sucked into war because of my alliance off early on their nuclear terms. Oh wait, am I being too nice? And again, please point me to this love in treaty form before you call MK a bunch of bootlickers, because you will not see it. The alliances of NPO and MK respect each other for their ways, there's no hidden meaning behind this that you are trying to find that MK secretly is in love with NPO. I've been a member of MK and trust me, there's no mindless hail thread to anyone, let alone NPO.

Since I've just realized I skipped your initial point, that is a part of the politics of the game. MK didn't win the war and so they were forced to pay reparations to NPO and had these terms on them, and now that they are off them they are back to where they were before. Its not unjust or anything like that, its just how games like this work and how this game has always worked. (OOC: its also how life works)

I never acted as if the creation of MK was a response to the NPO's existence. I'm operating under no illusions that MK is here to fight Pacifica. I'm pointing out (that like FAN) one can be neutral towards them, or in FAN's case, even friends and still be faced with the prospect of war with them.

I'm sorry, what? I'm ex-FAN, and FAN was not neutral towards them and aren't now. FAN's case is an exception because FAN plotted behind the backs of Pacifica to start our own thing similar to the Unjust Path and got destroyed for doing so, FAN weren't being friends to NPO. FAN deliberately tried to get power in the game by overthrowing Pacifica, and so they were crushed for it.

Does this mean you cut and run when you get your nose bloodied? That you are so willing to sacrifice your freedoms, or your sovereignty for the sake of a few dozen levels of tech or a few nukes? I can see that you love the NPO, because you have little in the way of courage to stand up for the ability of alliances to act in whichever manner they choose.

You fight for different reasons than MK did. They fought for their allies, and once they were assured their allies were out of the conflict, sought peace. They didn't fight for their morals or because they wanted to change the world, but because their allies fought.

A cute attempt to claim that I love NPO, when reality and my history show otherwise. I respect the NPO greatly, but I don't love them. There's a clear difference, I do consider some members of the NPO friends of mine, but at the same time I still don't support the majority of their ingame actions and the like.

This has nothing to do with "blind" hatred of the NPO. I've said it elsewhere and I will say it here. I don't want to see NPO destroyed, and I don't want to see her allies destroyed. What we want, is for Pacifica to cease it's hegemony over the rest of the community and to release alliances from having to toe the pacifican line in order to survive. What we want, is freedom in short.

When your goal requires the destruction of Pacifica, you do wish the destruction of Pacifica but don't want to say as much, so you claim that you just want Pacifica to stop being what makes Pacifica powerful and what to stop would require the outright destruction or crippling of Pacifica.

The only reason you're not LUE 2.0 is because the NPO wouldn't allow. I think we all know that and lying through your digital teeth about it is pointless. LUE was an awesome alliance and I think a lot, though not all obviously, would love to see the same spirit in MK. Is that too much to ask? That you actually show a 10th of the courage they did?

No, the only reason MK isn't LUE 2.0 is that they don't want to be LUE 2.0.

My god, were you even around for what happened with LUE? Personally, I was.

First Great War, LUE supported the terrible things done by Yari and were attacked for it. Where is the honor in that?

Second Great War, LUE was supporting Fark, who was backed. Where is the honor in that?

Third Great War, LUE supported their allies and violated a treaty they had signed. Still, not seeing all of this supposed honor you refer to.

There's nothing courageous about LUE other than the idealized portrayal you seem to have of them. They were a good bunch of guys and I was friends with more than a few of them, but they were not courageous, they wanted to destroy NPO just like you do.

Personally, I'm glad MK isn't LUE 2.0.

Again, please point out where I said we wanted NPO to be destroyed. If you can do this, I'll give you a dog biscuit.

Everything you want requires the destruction of the NPO, and so you want the destruction of the NPO. Can I have my dog biscuit?

I never acted as if the creation of MK was a response to the NPO's existence. I'm operating under no illusions that MK is here to fight Pacifica. I'm pointing out (that like FAN) one can be neutral towards them, or in FAN's case, even friends and still be faced with the prospect of war with them. Does this mean you cut and run when you get your nose bloodied? That you are so willing to sacrifice your freedoms, or your sovereignty for the sake of a few dozen levels of tech or a few nukes? I can see that you love the NPO, because you have little in the way of courage to stand up for the ability of alliances to act in whichever manner they choose. This has nothing to do with "blind" hatred of the NPO. I've said it elsewhere and I will say it here. I don't want to see NPO destroyed, and I don't want to see her allies destroyed. What we want, is for Pacifica to cease it's hegemony over the rest of the community and to release alliances from having to toe the pacifican line in order to survive. What we want, is freedom in short.

Why would you want to deny us our freedom of having a 'hegemony over the rest of the community'? :(

Back on track:

Nukes: 139. I expect a thousand by update :P

*sigh*

My words are obviously lost on the denizens of society. I leave you to your own immoral and corrupt devices.

I love my ball gag and whip, but I never thought them to be corrupt :(

Also, dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Edited by tamerlane

*sigh*

My words are obviously lost on the denizens of society. I leave you to your own immoral and corrupt devices.

Please, the question is how can you even utter those words?

The Mushroom Kingdom has fought hard and against bitter odds, this is an feat that as ruler I can appreciate dearly.

They are released earlier from the restrictions, something they are clearly happy about.

Instead of voicing your concerns with the respect MK earned whilst they were still fighting a fight similiar to yours you just burn them into the ground and refuse to give an inch.

I don't doubt Vox could use some allies, or atleast help.

Treating people like this only make you look like a jerk, not only to the hegemony but to bob as a whole.

There are far more ways you could have expressed your concerns, but you chose the fast path of snappy remarks.

No, the only reason MK isn't LUE 2.0 is that they don't want to be LUE 2.0.

My god, were you even around for what happened with LUE? Personally, I was.

First Great War, LUE supported the terrible things done by Yari and were attacked for it. Where is the honor in that?

Second Great War, LUE was supporting Fark, who was backed. Where is the honor in that?

Third Great War, LUE supported their allies and violated a treaty they had signed. Still, not seeing all of this supposed honor you refer to.

There's nothing courageous about LUE other than the idealized portrayal you seem to have of them. They were a good bunch of guys and I was friends with more than a few of them, but they were not courageous, they wanted to destroy NPO just like you do.

GW1 they actually were given little time to deal with the situation and had tygaland waited, would have ended alot differently.

GW2 they supported their friend in a hopeless war just because they were friends, I think that's pretty honorable.

GW3 they broke a peace treaty that basically said you're going to be our slaves forever, to fight alongside their friends and were forced to disband due to this, again I would say thats pretty honorable when you put your friends ahead of your nations.

Yes, your word choice does indeed suck. This statement reeks of so much pandering and grovelling it makes me sick to think that MK ever stood a chance at any point against the New Pacific Order. With a membership so ingratiated to the Emperor and his lap dogs how can anyone expect change. You people make me sick. It is sad to see that MK has been reduced to nothing but a shell of it's former self. With any luck, some true members of the vision that was once LUE will take MK to better futures.
*Insert arguing and !@#$%^&* here.*
*sigh*

I, myself, was appalled by the thanks and gratitude and general politeness that my alliance showed. I had looked to Archon to lead the way in asshattery and theBlitzian tactics in diplomacy, but I am very much disappointed.

For the respect I have for some of your Populus, I will refrain from personally attacking you or your alliance.

GW1 they actually were given little time to deal with the situation and had tygaland waited, would have ended alot differently.

GW2 they supported their friend in a hopeless war just because they were friends, I think that's pretty honorable.

GW3 they broke a peace treaty that basically said you're going to be our slaves forever, to fight alongside their friends and were forced to disband due to this, again I would say thats pretty honorable when you put your friends ahead of your nations.

Don't try to pass off GWII as trying to help a friend. It was just an excuse to start a war that they ultimately got crushed in. However, this discussion is not about LUE. Please take this conversation elsewhere, we're celebrating how awesome we are here.

Don't try to pass off GWII as trying to help a friend. It was just an excuse to start a war that they ultimately got crushed in. However, this discussion is not about LUE. Please take this conversation elsewhere, we're celebrating how awesome we are here.

I love you, babywalford.