Watch Out, Aid Thief About

auto98

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=281494

The nation of Formrkratvindstemme, and more specifically it's leader Gatherum have been found guilty of scamming aid from various Q alliances

He works by sending telegrams to enemy nations (he is vox) requesting aid for tech.

Thus far he has managed to get sever al people to send him aid (and obviously they will not receive any tech back from him).

Remember, crime doesn't happen to everyone. Don't have nightmares.

This is 411 Eater reporting for the Parc Blundell Emergency News Service

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=281494

The nation of Formrkratvindstemme, and more specifically it's leader Gatherum have been found guilty of scamming aid from various Q alliances

He works by sending telegrams to enemy nations (he is vox) requesting aid for tech.

Thus far he has managed to get sever al people to send him aid (and obviously they will not receive any tech back from him).

Remember, crime doesn't happen to everyone. Don't have nightmares.

This is 411 Eater reporting for the Parc Blundell Emergency News Service

Actually, he has all intentions of actually fulfilling tech obligations. Just, FYI.

ORLY? Why is he only targeting nations allied to NPO then? Could it be that he is attempting to make it look as though NPO allies are aiding people NPO are at war with....?

And furthermore, why would a voxian wish to help out Q members by sending them tech?

Edited by auto98

ORLY? Why is he only targeting nations allied to NPO then? Could it be that he is attempting to make it look as though NPO allies are aiding people NPO are at war with....?

And furthermore, why would a voxian wish to help out Q members by sending them tech?

Because most very large alliances are allied to the NPO, and these alliances have tons of members who don't pay attention to the OWF. He is making these nations look "bad" but he really is doing the tech deal. Since it's a mutual growth, I don't see what the problem is.

Has he actually stolen any aid yet or are you just assuming he won't send tech?

It's an assumption. He just got the aid tonight, and he's already told me hes got all intentions of paying it back in full. When Gatherum says he'll do something, he will.

Edited by MegaAros

Well, even if he is planning on sending the tech out, it is an attempt to sow disharmony amongst the Q alliances.

No it isn't. He needed money to grow. It's as simple as that. If NPO would have tech dealed with him (and we know they need the tech :awesome:) he would have done it with them too.

Most of the people who would read this forum would be smart enough not to fall for this. It's the less active people who get caught up in scams like this.

Also it's clearly a scam. He's not gonna be able to pay it back unless he's very lucky, and he's still scamming people to aid him even though he is their enemy.

It's pretty underhanded.

Really, this is the fault of the people who don't check the A/A and war status of people before aiding them.

If people were more vigilant, then this kind of thing would not be a problem.

Oh I'm not saying they aren't culpable for their actions, I just wanted this in the open so there can be no confusion as to "aiding an enemy" kinda thing

I'm sure when someone sees the aid and reads the reasons stating it's a tech deal they won't go all guns blazing and update blitz their allies without finding out what happened first.

Well OK, it's just as much a "We See You" thread to the Hordes of Vox :D :D

Edited by auto98

Well OK, it's just as much a "We See You" thread to the Hordes of Vox :D :D

Ok, but I will link you to this thread if you complain about Vox starting too many threads about themselves :lol:

Yeah, I mean, really, would who start a war over a tech deal?

I c wut u did thar :awesome:

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

Or maybe, just maybe, NPO and her allies should train their members to not make tech deals with people who were IN THE FIRST VOX SENATE. I mean seriously, this topic was almost pointless. If a nation is ignorant enough to not know that tech dealing with Vox might be a bad idea then maybe that person deserved to lose the cash. Besides, unlike myself I can see Gatherum repaying such a debt. But honestly I'd be happy if he did or if he didn't. If NPO is going to declare all out war on Vox nations or nations like mine that aren't in Vox but are still roguing, if you are prepared to have allies sanction me and to attempt to do anything within the realm of the game in order to destroy me, then I'm going to do the same to you. I don't care if stealing aid is "immoral". Making people leave this game through EZI while you flex your e-muscles is more "immoral" than anything I could do to any of you within the parameters of ingame.

It's a viable tactic in war and I couldn't care less if this angers you. :) Perhaps NPO should think more carefully about handing EZI sentences out so quickly, since once you get EZI'd for something as miniscule as joining an alliance, that means that from there you can attack, you can steal aid, and ingame you can do just about anything you like without further punishment as long as it's not breaking a rule set by the staff. In a sense, this allows EZI nations to be almost untouchable because there's nothing you can do worse than EZI. Plus, Mega ZI doesn't quite have the same ring to it. ;)

Edited by Jofna