Watch Out, Aid Thief About

auto98

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, using a middleWOMAN, I have successfully made my first transfer of tech.

o/ MegaAros.

Fixed that for ya'.

Also for the record, MegaAros is now better at techdealing than the GGA'er who aided him. >>

Edited by Jofna

Or maybe, just maybe, NPO and her allies should train their members to not make tech deals with people who were IN THE FIRST VOX SENATE.

I am impressed that you clearly must know the leaders and government members of every alliance on Bob, or else that makes no sense.

As already stated, the money lost is entirely the fault of the nations who didn't check up. That was not the point of this thread.

It's a viable tactic in war and I couldn't care less if this angers you. :) Perhaps NPO should think more carefully about handing EZI sentences out so quickly, since once you get EZI'd for something as miniscule as joining an alliance, that means that from there you can attack, you can steal aid, and ingame you can do just about anything you like without further punishment as long as it's not breaking a rule set by the staff.

Wait, what? Vox would do this stuff anyway, stop pretending they were pushed into a corner without their consent.

I think this is jumping the gun on calling anyone a thief. His aid slots are full until the 24th, and really can't send tech back to people until the 28th with those that he's made deals with. So until those deals actually fail any judgment to call a person a thief should be kept to themselves until actual proof exists of this action.

Edited by Myworld

@Auto- He was a member of the first Vox senate, and whether you believe it or not Vox is pretty well known. Especially the first senate. And whether you know it off of the top of your head or not, it's pretty easy to check. You're making it seem as though we used mind control to make these people give us aid. >.>

So how is he going to pay for the tech exactly? Considering he is "short of funds" (according to a war declaration) and is in 4 wars?

Short on funds is obviously a joke as to how easy it is to steal from his enemies.

As for the 4 wars, if you wait and buy all the tech and send the 50 right on time, it's possible, he just needs to keep his enemies at bay so they don't steal much.

Well, if he sends out the tech this thread has served it's purpose, as he clearly would not send out tech to his enemies, beefing them up. This thread would then have forced him to do it vis a vis bad PR.

This post pushed me over the edge.

If you think that the reason Gatherum is going to hold true to his tech deal is to please the public when he is at war with the majority of the public, then you are simply wrong. Wrong in every possible sense of the word. If you think that you at all influence Gatherum or anything he does, you're wrong again. :D

This thread serves absolutely no purpose other than to show the public further how inactive and uninformed the population of his enemies truly are.

Edited by Jofna

Gatherum cleared his throat.

In all seriousness, yes, I intentionally changed my AA to something independent, my DEFCON to 5, and my Threat Level to Low to make things seem natural, and then proceeded to mass-message nations in TPF and IRON, as well as a couple of Pacificans and a guy from the GGA, offering a Tech Deal of 100 Tech for $3 Mil. Granted, some saw right through it, but the messages I got accepting the offer were far more numerous. :awesome:

Needless to say, the operation was a great success, though, in all honesty, and to give credit where credit is due, I didn't think of it on my own. Jofna mastered this trick long before I did. XD

As for the issue of scamming, I, indeed, do intend to pay back to the 300 Tech I owe to the nations who sent me the aid. I am at war, but I like to honor even my opponents. If you need proof of this, I am sure that MegaAros (who has already opted to do the same using a middlewoman, seen here and here) has the logs of our conversation about this. If not, well...I guess you guys'll just have to hope that I am true to my word.

The purpose? 1. To see if it would actually work. 2. To gain an edge in my current wars. 3. To get moar Guerilla Camps (though I had to get a Foreign Ministry, as I promised Lady Dakota some aid recently). :awesome: 4. One more, classified reason.

My current wars are no longer an issue, since, given the aid, I am now bigger than them by a wide margin. To keep it fair, though, I think I'll take a purely defensive stance against the three Pacificans until the wars expire or until they're willing to pursue peaceful options. They didn't put me in Anarchy, but they still fought well regardless, and I am lenient to such.

Also, I have plenty of funds left over to ensure that the Tech is bought and sent. That war I declared on that Citrus with the reason "Funds are short..." was declared before I got the aid packages, during a time when I was, in fact, running out of my warchest fighting the nation of Atlantic, whom had grown exponentially (I suspect through aid from his comrades), far beyond me at the time. I wasn't expecting any aid, so I decided to take some. :P

Mine apologies to the nations who aided me if you got any !@#$ from your alliances or allies. However, expect your Tech to come over the next 20 days. That is all. :)

Edited by Gatherum

Woooooooooo-eeeeee!

Hehe you are funny MegaAros

The only reason he can want this money is to fight NPO - he clearly isn't going to grow with the money because he is vox and under attack

He clearly can do whatever he wants with the money. He can go into peace mode and grow, or he can use it to fight. Your arrogance is more like ignorance.

Most of the people who would read this forum would be smart enough not to fall for this. It's the less active people who get caught up in scams like this.

Also it's clearly a scam. He's not gonna be able to pay it back unless he's very lucky, and he's still scamming people to aid him even though he is their enemy.

It's pretty underhanded.

It's not a scam until it's a scam.

As already stated, the money lost is entirely the fault of the nations who didn't check up. That was not the point of this thread.

The money lost is entirely the fault of the nations that attack Gatherum and make him unable to buy then send the tech.

So how is he going to pay for the tech exactly? Considering he is "short of funds" (according to a war declaration) and is in 4 wars?

A war declaration from 4 days before the first tech deal.

Also, weren't you a Minister of Finance? And you're asking how he'll pay for the tech?

Here's how tech deals work: A small nation with no money gets lots of money from a big nation that needs tech. The money mostly goes to paying for tech that is sent out, and a small portion of the money is profit and kept by the small nation.

So to answer your goofy question, he intends to pay for the tech the same way thousand of tech dealers intend to pay for the tech, with the money he was sent.

Regardless of whether he intends to complete the transaction, no one intentionally wants to engage in such a deal with an enemy and so it's still dishonest and deceitful.

Objection! Speculation! You don't know what these rulers in particular want. But, let's play it your way: No one intentionally wants to be in total war forever; however, these nations have expressed their explicit desire to be at war with Vox POpuli forever by joining or remaining in alliances that intend to be at war with Vox Populi forever.

They can't have it both ways. They're at war with us, or they're hapless victims, but they're not both.

Regardless of whether he intends to complete the transaction, no one intentionally wants to engage in such a deal with an enemy and so it's still dishonest and deceitful.

Not only do I whole hearty agree with your statement, it sucks to be on the receiving end of such a thing, I had a similar situation arise long ago with someone on the EoG list, damn thing cost Goose and I 3 donations to get our guy off.

However this is a prime example why it is imperative that alliances keep there inactive members apprised of the global scene, which 80 percent of the planet could care less about.

As for the title " Aid Thief About" that is yet to be determined and I see your time on digg has proved useful, I clicked to find out who would do such a dastardly deed, however it is Gatherum, it may take him a year to fulfill his obligation, I'm sure his wording left that little detail out.