Military for Large Nations...

Vyper

I always had this in my mind about nations with military and levels...

Since I know young nations don't need tanks or CMs or AF, which will add alot on bills, but i'm not sure about large nations.

We do make over 1 mil in collections but with the military added.... ugh... what i'm trying to ask is what is a large nation to do...

should a large nation keep tanks in peace time and CMs/ AF?... not to mention the Navy...

well tanks and CMs you can buy in an instant of war... but Navy is costly... so is AF... that's why i would only go with full fighters and one bomber and 33% of soldiers... saving money for tanks and CMs when i really need them most...

unless you are getting into a lot of wars (which you shouldn't when you are big), you should keep minimal military. I keep only the minimum amount soldiers and full planes (the cost/upkeep ratio recommends holding on to them). No navy, no CM's, no tanks. Spies are a given, since they cost nothing.

The key thing is to stay alert in the matters of Planet Bob and stock up if there's a war brewing. It's also important to have a war chest to pay for everything you need while at war.

I can't see why anyone would want to keep GC's if they are not at war. Having that on hand constantly in case you get attacked will cost you far more than it saves.

CM and tanks an be bought on the spot, no point keeping them.

AF, cheap enough to have all the time

Navy, takes to long to build so you either pay the price or dont have it.

I can't see why anyone would want to keep GC's if they are not at war. Having that on hand constantly in case you get attacked will cost you far more than it saves.

At higher levels I'm sure you could profit from the soldier bills decrease, as long as you remember to swap them out when collecting.

Guerrilla Camp improvements kill your income by a big chunk, and I cringe whenever I see CN nations with Guerrilla camp improvements. You will be better off without a Guerrilla Camp improvement.

I would keep a navy with some blockade breaker ships so I wouldn't get blockaded during a blitz attack. Then, I would keep an air force full of fighters because I can buy bombers instantly.

For my ground forces, I would keep some troops and tanks in my nation, and deploy some of the troops and tanks oversea so when I get into a war, I can attack, redeploy, and attack.

I would not bother buying CMs until I am in a war.

At higher levels I'm sure you could profit from the soldier bills decrease, as long as you remember to swap them out when collecting.

Indeed, especially when you always run maximum soldiers...

Guerrilla Camp improvements kill your income by a big chunk, and I cringe whenever I see CN nations with Guerrilla camp improvements. You will be better off without a Guerrilla Camp improvement.

I run full Guerrilla Camps, and my nation growth efficiency is nearly double yours...

Indeed, especially when you always run maximum soldiers...
I run full Guerrilla Camps, and my nation growth efficiency is nearly double yours...

A 15 day swap cycle for GC will cost you 225,000 in improvement upkeep bills, and 100,000 in purchase costs.

If your nation is making enough money to make destroying and building improvements for collections and bill paying then the only thing that is going to help you in a war is a massive war chest, not having a higher soldier efficieny for two suprise ground attacks

A 15 day swap cycle for GC will cost you 225,000 in improvement upkeep bills, and 100,000 in purchase costs.

If your nation is making enough money to make destroying and building improvements for collections and bill paying then the only thing that is going to help you in a war is a massive war chest, not having a higher soldier efficieny for two suprise ground attacks

I save something around $70,000 a day in upkeep costs on my soldiers which more than pays for the swap. A successful enemy ground attack could cost me around 8 million after all the damages add up, just blocking one is worth. Also if they kept me from falling into Anarchy during a backcollect the savings would be enormous, finally if my alliance is attacked I want every chance to stay out of Anarchy in the first blitz so I'm available to hit enemy banks the next day.

that basically sums it up for larger nations... i would say above 5000 infra level i believe...

0 CMs (until war)

0 Navy (unless already purchased)

0 Tanks (until war)

full spies ($0 upkeep)

minimal soldiers (until war)

full AC (not that expensive once you're large)

good notes thanks.

I save something around $70,000 a day in upkeep costs on my soldiers which more than pays for the swap. A successful enemy ground attack could cost me around 8 million after all the damages add up, just blocking one is worth. Also if they kept me from falling into Anarchy during a backcollect the savings would be enormous, finally if my alliance is attacked I want every chance to stay out of Anarchy in the first blitz so I'm available to hit enemy banks the next day.

I don't think there is an alliance in the game that is going to launch a competent blitz on another alliance without putting their banks into peace mode first.

Also, if you are going to swap GC's for maximum benefit, why are you paying upkeep on 26 cruise missiles? Buy em, chuck em. Buy em, chuck em. No need to have a single CM on hand whatsoever!

Yes it does. $5,200 saved 19 days in a row pays for the cost of replacing the GC's after they have been destroyed for a tax collection.

After three years straight, that $5,200 wouldn't even add up to an amount I'd notice if it went missing from my war chest.

While I don't consider my nation LARGE, at 8K Infra/27K+ Tech/48K+ NS, I maintain the following...

22% Troops

0% Tanks

100% Air Force

Navy - 100% Aircraft Carriers, Destroyers & Landing ships.

0% Cruise Missiles

100% Spys

100% Nukes, when in 5%.

There is no need to maintain GCs in peace time, unless you maintain 100% troops and perform swaps.

The key word in this debate for me is 'war chest'. The price of always being military ready outweights the price of a successful raid. If I get anarchised once every six months, it would still be more expensive to have a ludicrous military set-up eating my bills month in month out. Especially Guerrilla Camps. All you need is a big fat war-chest then there's not much to worry about. My warchest would allow me to pay my bills for a month at least and it's not like I'd be collecting in a war anyway so whether I'm in anarchy or not is irrelevant. Anarchy has an association of defeat, but so long as you can pay your bills and fight at 100% effectiveness, who cares. It takes 2 minutes to buy 5 Guerrilla Camps if war happens.