Military for Large Nations...

Vyper

anyone who collects with Gcamps is retarded, you simply delete them, like you delete labor camps when you collect, and the addition efficiency will help if you are concerned about being attacked, it's up to you whether or not you wish to be prepared for war.

anyone who collects with Gcamps is retarded, you simply delete them, like you delete labor camps when you collect, and the addition efficiency will help if you are concerned about being attacked, it's up to you whether or not you wish to be prepared for war.

Can´t say it better

You can swap "everything" so you are prepared and still save a lot of cash, as long as you don´t have a WRC. Then swapping Tanks is not profitable anymore. The higher you are ranked the more paranoid you should be, Nations in the top 100 should always be prepared.

Nations without WRC and ~8k Infra with a 10day collection cycle

"Rogue" protection if you are paranoid :)

• Nukes, max out
  • AirForce, max out
  • CM, 50 or zero, does not matter much
  • Navy, confidential issue, no advise
  • Soldier, get max, decom before you pay bills and to get the -1 envi bonus when you collect. Rebuy only in Defcon 1
  • Tanks, get max or close to max, decom before you pay bills. Rebuy only in Defcon 1
  • LC and GC, pay bills, decom, collect, rebuy

It´s up to you what you want, either stay maxed out or stay with the minimum/zero. Something in between makes no sense.

Nations with a WRC and above 9k Infra with a 10day collection cycle

Only difference is it´s not profitable anymore to swap tanks.

Edited by Steelrat

With a navy I would keep 5 carriers and the planes, for th eair force edge, and maybe some ground bonus ships. The rest would be stockpiled as a war approaches, as usually you have a few days warning.

This. Other then that just keep full AF, minimal soldiers, full spies.

I don't think there is an alliance in the game that is going to launch a competent blitz on another alliance without putting their banks into peace mode first.

The concept of bank nations was dropped after GWIII in TOP. Afterwards we never used banking in any military connection since it serves no meaning full purpose.

• 2 weeks later...
I keep soldiers, guerrilla camps, whatever CMs are left over from my last war, full aircraft, full nukes, and a half-full navy... The bills are bad, but a small price to pay for my military readiness.

Interested in joining the Mushroom Kingdom??!!!!

Say ten days... $350k in purchases and upkeep for camps. Reduces soldier bills by 50%. Since I only hold about 75k troops, the net loss for holding GCs is about $65,000. That's only a difference of about the cost of one improvement per day. Well worth it, I say.

The way the game works right now there really isn't much of a use to have any standing army. If you have a big war chest and you get attacked you can just max out your military in a matter of secounds. If the original attack droped your infra level you can even rebuy the infra if your war chest is large enough.

Untill some kind of a build up time is added to the game you don't really need to buy an army before you need it if you have a war chest.

Number of Soldiers 65,000

Daily Soldier Cost (Per 1 Unit) $0.75

Soldier Bill $48,750.00

That's like a drop in the bucket really, ~1.5% of my annual income if I just stop all growth.

Number of Cruise Missiles 50

Daily Cruise Missiles Cost (Per 1 Unit) $160.00

Cruise Missiles Bill $8,000.00

Oh the terror! LESS than a day's income a YEAR. $2,920,000

Number of Aircraft 85

Daily Aircraft Cost (Per 1 Unit) $150.00

Aircraft Bill $12,750.00

Just over a day's income per YEAR. $4,653,750.

Number of Nuclear Weapons 25

Daily Nuclear Weapon Cost (Per 1 Unit) $27,200.00

Nuclear Weapon Bill $680,000.00

This one is outrageous, but nothing much we can do is there? $248,200,000/year, that's actually a large chunk of an annual budget, but it's NUKES! :P

Now infra on the other side...THAT is outrageous. Everytime my navy/nukes make me cry, I just look at my infra bill. :P

Edited by Michael Locke

Number of Nuclear Weapons 25

Daily Nuclear Weapon Cost (Per 1 Unit) $27,200.00

Nuclear Weapon Bill $680,000.00

This one is outrageous, but nothing much we can do is there? $248,200,000/year, that's actually a large chunk of an annual budget, but it's NUKES! :P

Temp trading ftw.

Temp trading ftw.

This is true, but it requires a certain amount of dedication and effort that a lot of people are not willing to put into a game, plus it requires reliable people with the right resources...commodities that not every one has access to. One thing I wonder about though; would you continue temp trading in war-time?