Unforeseen Conflict Resolution (UCR)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

P sure NPO have used exactly those pretenses to initiate a curbstomp on someone (or at least had one of their acolytes start a war for them against another alliance citing said pretenses)

Might want to check your sources. Any alliance over 5 members must be contacted as the result of a raid before retaliatory actions are taken.

42 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Basically any instance where NPO gov bemoan how pathetic a CB is should be taken with a massive pinch of salt.

UCR doesn't have a CB and are fighting an illegal war due to their incompetence of not listing their protectorates until after they were hit.
Not only does it shed doubt on whether or not a protectorate treaty actually existed, the method in which they responded to the raid shows zero good faith effort on their behalf.

2 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

Your attempts at propaganda become increasingly more !@#$%* the older you get. Just go sit in a corner.

Good luck to our friends and allies in this conflict. Attacking the entirety of an alliance over a single newb raiding is just pathetic and the continuation of this war is one of the more valid CB's Bob has seen in recent years.

You’re in NPO, you’re not allowed to talk about using small infractions to blow up and destroy alliances. 

39 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

UCR doesn't have a CB and are fighting an illegal war due to their incompetence of not listing their protectorates until after they were hit.

Yes they do.

I am an independent signatory to BUTT, the Brown Unity treaty which is an ODP to which UCR are members. I noted that Bundy had attacked me and if DW piled on I would appreciate the assistance if they could provide it.

UCR then saw an assault on USN shortly after I informed BUTT of the assault on myself. Now perhaps they put 2 + 2 and got 5 by assuming they were somehow linked, perhaps they were overzealous in defense of their allies. But to argue their grounds for an assault are illegal is laughable, Doom stated their dispute is with the lack of diplomacy from UCR before engaging in hostilities. Their grounds for war are solid, their lack of diplomacy is the issue here.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

5 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Yes they do.

I am an independent signatory to BUTT, the Brown Unity treaty which is an ODP to which UCR are members. I noted that Bundy had attacked me and if DW piled on I would appreciate the assistance if they could provide it.

UCR then saw an assault on USN shortly after I informed BUTT of the assault on myself. Now perhaps they put 2 + 2 and got 5 by assuming they were somehow linked, perhaps they were overzealous in defense of their allies. But to argue their grounds for an assault are illegal is laughable, Doom stated their dispute is with the lack of diplomacy from UCR before engaging in hostilities. Their grounds for war are solid, their lack of diplomacy is the issue here.

No, sorry. Gentleman agreements aren't a valid treaty.

Post it, or suck it up when they get attacked.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

I'm a signatory to a team unity ODP for Brown, you know kinda like how NOIR was back in the day. BUTT is as valid as that was.

That's nice. It's also irrelevant to the fact at hand that UCR declared a war claiming USN was a protectorate, but, there was no indications of said protectorate treaty anywhere until after the raid.

I state again, gentleman agreements do not constitute a valid treaty.

1 minute ago, DeathAdder said:

That's nice. It's also irrelevant to the fact at hand that UCR declared a war claiming USN was a protectorate, but, there was no indications of said protectorate treaty anywhere until after the raid.

I state again, gentleman agreements do not constitute a valid treaty.

They did also cite my AA too in their recognition of hostilities, I expressed I only wanted assistance if gratuitous overkill was used against me for fighting back. Clearly something I shouldn't have been worried about though eh?

Oh wait.

44 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Yes they do.

The spin is great with this one. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

They did also cite my AA too in their recognition of hostilities, I expressed I only wanted assistance if gratuitous overkill was used against me for fighting back. Clearly something I shouldn't have been worried about though eh?

Oh wait.

The only thing I see here, JA, is you spinning your wheels in a desperate attempt to continue to insert yourself even after DS said you weren't welcomed at negotiations.

Oh wait.

I see where your trying to go with this line of thought. I think your trying to say that your a protectorate of theirs and were listed as a reason for UCR's recognition of hostilities. Your also saying that USN was a protectorate and therefore UCR saw two attacks on their protectorates. Am I right?

Lets dissect this. DW did hit you but UCR did not follow with any sort of diplomacy as per previous treaty obligations that they agreed to. Secondly, UPN was listed as a protectorate after the raid on it happened. Cant really call that a protectorate when noone knew about it. One (speaking for myself), could even say UCR was trying to be duplicitous by changing their Bio to show UPN as a protectorate after they attacked. 

6 minutes ago, paul711 said:

The spin is great with this one. 

And yet I'm still making objective statements! Crazy right?

4 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

The only thing I see here, JA, is you spinning your wheels in a desperate attempt to continue to insert yourself even after DS said you weren't welcomed at negotiations.

The man with the line in his profile pic may talk big but he doesn't talk for DS alone.

The man with the line in his profile pic may talk big but he doesn't talk for DS alone.

I mean, I doubt any of the listed FoD AA's are really interested in you doing your best imitation of a top while they negotiate, but whatever.

1 minute ago, paul711 said:

I see where your trying to go with this line of thought. I think your trying to say that your a protectorate of theirs and were listed as a reason for UCR's recognition of hostilities. Your also saying that USN was a protectorate and therefore UCR saw two attacks on their protectorates. Am I right?

Lets dissect this. DW did hit you but UCR did not follow with any sort of diplomacy as per previous treaty obligations that they agreed to. Secondly, UPN was listed as a protectorate after the raid on it happened. Cant really call that a protectorate when noone knew about it. One (speaking for myself), could even say UCR was trying to be duplicitous by changing their Bio to show UPN as a protectorate after they attacked. 

I mean I'm literally agreeing with the necessity of protectorate agreements being made public and have expressed to BUTT that I was happy to fight Al 1v1 when I learned he'd hit me. I'm also agreeing that diplomacy should have been attempted first, spent most of my time on CN doing FA roles after-all.

BUTT is an ODP, UCR retained the option to come to my defense which they did cite in their thread alongside their defense of USN. I'm disputing the argument that they had no grounds for war because they very much did, what they lacked was the necessary diplomacy prior to launching wars.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

And yet I'm still making objective statements! Crazy right?

Unfortunately you don't get to define who speaks for DS.

I have officially refused your offer on behalf of DS. Deal with it.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

I'm disputing the argument that they had no grounds for war because they very much did, what they lacked was the necessary diplomacy prior to launching wars.

You can dispute it until you're blue in the face.

The fact that a treaty needs to be posted in order for an alliance to even consider recognizing it is still common sense.

UCR dropping in your name as an afterthought doesn't really negate the primary text of their declaration OP.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

You're probably right, it's evident that they don't like being presented with a decent challenge.

You don't present a challenge. Your argument is nonsense.

12 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

I mean I'm literally agreeing with the necessity of protectorate agreements being made public and have expressed to BUTT that I was happy to fight Al 1v1 when I learned he'd hit me. I'm also agreeing that diplomacy should have been attempted first, spent most of my time on CN doing FA roles after-all.

BUTT is an ODP, UCR retained the option to come to my defense which they did cite in their thread alongside their defense of USN. I'm disputing the argument that they had no grounds for war because they very much did, what they lacked was the necessary diplomacy prior to launching wars.

You are agreeing but arguing hahaha.... Just say Bundy was too much for you and you wanted backup haha :) 

Sounds too me that Mrmarx was just itching at a chance to hit me again haha. Made up some protectorate randomly when my newbie nation (2 days in membership/like two weeks old nation) raided them (no reason to attack my alliance over or not enough of a reason if they wanted support from anyone since they never reached out) and to me sounds like to the rest of BUTT your not covered in the ODP part? So idk i still dont see the grounds for war.

If he wanted to fight me alone all he had to do was ask... I would have been happy to entertain them. No need to make up random crap and try to sell lies and fairytales on the OWF and get rolled over... I would happily roll him by myself, just ask next time buddy! ;)  That goes for anyone, if you want a piece of Bundy and are scared of Doom and friends just send me a message ill pencil you in for a fight.

UFOZ.gif

Al Bundy - Women's Shoe Salesman and High School Football Legend! 

56 minutes ago, AL Bundy said:

You are agreeing but arguing hahaha.... Just say Bundy was too much for you and you wanted backup haha :) 

Sounds too me that Mrmarx was just itching at a chance to hit me again haha. Made up some protectorate randomly when my newbie nation (2 days in membership/like two weeks old nation) raided them (no reason to attack my alliance over or not enough of a reason if they wanted support from anyone since they never reached out) and to me sounds like to the rest of BUTT your not covered in the ODP part? So idk i still dont see the grounds for war.

If he wanted to fight me alone all he had to do was ask... I would have been happy to entertain them. No need to make up random crap and try to sell lies and fairytales on the OWF and get rolled over... I would happily roll him by myself, just ask next time buddy! ;)  That goes for anyone, if you want a piece of Bundy and are scared of Doom and friends just send me a message ill pencil you in for a fight.

UFOZ.gif

Al Bundy - Women's Shoe Salesman and High School Football Legend! 

Get bigger, I’d like to fight you again 😈

15 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

Not only does it shed doubt on whether or not a protectorate treaty actually existed, the method in which they responded to the raid shows zero good faith effort on their behalf.

Well as NPO you would know all about dodgy CBs. But are you seriously suggesting that UCR deliberately started a war where they are outnumbered 10-1?

1 hour ago, Bionic redhead said:

Well as NPO you would know all about dodgy CBs. But are you seriously suggesting that UCR deliberately started a war where they are outnumbered 10-1?

id say 4-1... and yes from my history with their leadership they are that stupid....🤦‍♂️

AL