From the Shadows I come..

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Starcraftmazter said:

DT has been embedded in the doomsphere for quite a long period, it is astonishing to me that you or anyone would find us helping our allies surprising or unjustified.

As for raiding, given how boring CN has become, why in the world would anyone want to take the last bit of fun out of it?

You may as well have been living in a pyramid the past few years, you're practically mummified. There have actually been new players who have come and gone since DT formed you know? People don't tend to pay any mind to FA policies of inactive hulks. I wasn't aware you were embedded in Doomsphere and I spent the better part of a year poking them with a stick.

mrmarx has been pretty clear on his stance here; UCR cannot stop all raiders but they find it pretty poor form when raiders -like those from Doomsphere- launch co-ordinated blitzes with excessive fire power rendering the target helpless. If you're gonna raid someone don't you at least want them to fight back? It's about creating the opportunity for something that at least resembles a fair fight somehow.

UCR's endeavoour was to establish a support network for independent and micro alliances if they needed help. It seems that following a co-ordinated raid by Al Bundy that UCR stepped in to help.

I'm not against raiding, I'm against curbstomps and 'might makes right'

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

4 hours ago, jerdge said:

Why would any of you people complain or be disappointed about anything at all? There's nothing to salvage here anymore, if you don't find it satisfactory just spend your time elsewhere and be done with it.

Unless you find satisfactory to complain for the sake of it, in that case please carry on.

Precisely this.  By the way, the only people complaining here are the instigators who thought they had found a few free sacks of lunch, but discovered that they picked the wrong sack.  The exploding one.

4 hours ago, mmansfield68 said:

Precisely this.  By the way, the only people complaining here are the instigators who thought they had found a few free sacks of lunch, but discovered that they picked the wrong sack.  The exploding one.

Not sure why you all keep spinning this idea that UCR were being opportunists thinking Doom Wolves an easy target. Their intentions were quite clear with the announcement of AIPVA. Until recently; UCR and all communist themed alliances have maintained a position of peaceful non-involvement in global affairs. All you have done is stomp in and remind everyone what happens when people start thinking independently, so it's great you're active again but there probably won't be a lot happening again for a while now.

Seems to me you're more salty that they didn't attack someone else so you spin this ludicrous narrative that they are "bullies" - which is deeply ironic coming from the coalition of alliances currently dogpiling them. Which you would only do if you knew there would be minimal consequences. Their relatively isolated spot on the treaty web means there will be none of those consequences and you know it.

Let's cut the crap here; it's not UCR who were looking for a free lunch. A member of DBDC even admitted that with DT's recent activity this seemed like a good 'opportunity' to have some fun. You are the opportunist imperialist bullies, not them.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

6 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Not sure why you all keep spinning this idea that UCR were being opportunists thinking Doom Wolves an easy target.

Primarily because after they passed AIPVA, they ignored all raiding from all AAs until they found a target they could dogpile: a 3-person AA.

All you have done is stomp in and remind everyone what happens when people start thinking independently

Cute that you pretend their only crime was to "think independently." They aren't getting attacked for thinking independently. They're getting attacked for declaring war on our ally.

Edited by firingline

29 minutes ago, firingline said:

Primarily because after they passed AIPVA, they ignored all raiding from all AAs until they found a target they could dogpile: a 3-person AA.

This is a common theme in your lot's party line; that they didn't hit someone else

So do tell; who are the alternate targets UCR should have picked?

15 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

You may as well have been living in a pyramid the past few years, you're practically mummified. There have actually been new players who have come and gone since DT formed you know? People don't tend to pay any mind to FA policies of inactive hulks. I wasn't aware you were embedded in Doomsphere and I spent the better part of a year poking them with a stick.

mrmarx has been pretty clear on his stance here; UCR cannot stop all raiders but they find it pretty poor form when raiders -like those from Doomsphere- launch co-ordinated blitzes with excessive fire power rendering the target helpless. If you're gonna raid someone don't you at least want them to fight back? It's about creating the opportunity for something that at least resembles a fair fight somehow.

UCR's endeavoour was to establish a support network for independent and micro alliances if they needed help. It seems that following a co-ordinated raid by Al Bundy that UCR stepped in to help.

I'm not against raiding, I'm against curbstomps and 'might makes right'

All things I do not care about.

UCR is free to do what they want to do, as are we. Then there are people like you whine whine a lot.

22 hours ago, Terrence Krillins said:

There is an argument to make that is surprising we did anything at all

Could have ended the sentence here. 

I was allied to DT and on Black Sphere forever. Not once did I see even a hint of life from the alliance. It is downright shocking to see two DT folks posting anything. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

This is a common theme in your lot's party line; that they didn't hit someone else

So do tell; who are the alternate targets UCR should have picked?

Presumably it should have been the first people to raid. Or, if you argue this was more about "dog piling" as seems to be your party line, it probably should have been during NG's shark week. The fact that they sat THAT out but jumped Bundy tells us everything we need to know about UCR's motives. They're bullies and cowards.

18 minutes ago, CrinkledStraw said:

I was allied to DT and on Black Sphere forever. Not once did I see even a hint of life from the alliance. It is downright shocking to see two DT folks posting anything. 

Well, let's increase that number then.

41 minutes ago, firingline said:

They're bullies and cowards

Because we didn't declare a perpetual universal war against literally every raider? We made our intentions very clear and straightforward. It's not our fault you cannot employ the basic cognitive effort to actually read the policy we passed

43 minutes ago, firingline said:

They're bullies and cowards

You are literally fighting for the right of nations to be allowed to attack whoever they want with no consequences whatsoever. You are a hypocrite and a liar. 

2 minutes ago, mrmarx said:

You are literally fighting for the right of nations to be allowed to attack whoever they want with no consequences whatsoever. You are a hypocrite and a liar. 

Selective enforcement, only against those who you perceived to be weak.  Unfortunate for you that wasn't the case.

It's a shame the rest of UCR gets dragged into your mess.  Seem like a nice group of people.

14 minutes ago, mrmarx said:

It's not accurate to say without consequences. There are always consequences - being attacked back, inadvertently starting a war (such as the present scenario) for example.

Edited by Starcraftmazter

1 minute ago, Starcraftmazter said:

There are always consequences - being attacked back, inadvertently starting a war (such as the present scenario) for example

So then you concede that the Doom Wolves, Doom Squad, Dark Templar, etc are the aggressors here. Thank you. 

2 hours ago, CrinkledStraw said:

Make that three.  And, we've been here the whole time.  I'm a little miffed at the whole notion of DT "re-emerging." 

We have always been here.

3 hours ago, CrinkledStraw said:

Four, even. :)

Anyway, it sure does seem like the ~~~age of imperialism~~~ remains here to stay, huh?

9 hours ago, Starcraftmazter said:

All things I do not care about.

UCR is free to do what they want to do, as are we. Then there are people like you whine whine a lot.

Nah just making coherent arguments instead of being another formerly inactive mummy emerging with mountains of gold.

I know your game, just like the rest of these brain-thieves you're in need of a fresh one after being locked away for so long. Well you won't get theirs or mine!

7 hours ago, mmansfield68 said:

Make that three.  And, we've been here the whole time.  I'm a little miffed at the whole notion of DT "re-emerging." 

We have always been here.

I couldn’t tell any of you were alive when your Senators never cast a single vote.

I’d say welcome back, but it seems rude to be happy that anyone is still playing this game.

1 hour ago, CrinkledStraw said:

I couldn’t tell any of you were alive when your Senators never cast a single vote.

I’d say welcome back, but it seems rude to be happy that anyone is still playing this game.

To be fair, I'm not sure we ever cast many votes!

13 hours ago, CrinkledStraw said:

Sup? It takes 3/5 to vote up/down proposals. Most of the time I log on the same day/next day and see a proposal was already approved/denied. Forgive me for not checking a 15 year old game multiple times a day. 

3 hours ago, CrinkledStraw said:

We decided long ago that our Senate seat exists for our purposes. Icheliebebrad Has always been available to DT and our allies. Our activity since 2017 hasn't been anything to brag about but we have been here the whole time. Functioning quietly away from the public eye.

2 hours ago, Icheliebebrad said:

Sup? It takes 3/5 to vote up/down proposals. Most of the time I log on the same day/next day and see a proposal was already approved/denied. Forgive me for not checking a 15 year old game multiple times a day. 

So don't be a senator? You could be one of the 2/5 votes making it 3/5, if you were active enough to vote and influence things. At least be active if you're gonna hold a seat, takes a whole minute to login and check my dude.