From the Shadows I come..

16 hours ago, CrinkledStraw said:

Could have ended the sentence here. 

I was allied to DT and on Black Sphere forever. Not once did I see even a hint of life from the alliance. It is downright shocking to see two DT folks posting anything. 

There’s plenty of us here… what’s it to you?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

So don't be a senator? You could be one of the 2/5 votes making it 3/5, if you were active enough to vote and influence things. At least be active if you're gonna hold a seat, takes a whole minute to login and check my dude.

How do you even have thoughts of what a senator should or shouldn’t do while being a commie?

Also, everything you say here is irrelevant when you hide in alliance with people who raid lol. Don’t see you attacking that person and sticking up for his “victims”

46 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

So don't be a senator? You could be one of the 2/5 votes making it 3/5, if you were active enough to vote and influence things. At least be active if you're gonna hold a seat, takes a whole minute to login and check my dude.

There's a more important aspect to being a senator than voting on events. Anyone on black that doesn't like our senator is welcome to campaign against him. 

1 hour ago, The Big Bad said:

Now its a party.  It is always nice when an alliance like UCR does something so stupid it wakes up Planet Bob enough to make fun them as  a united front.  

Yeah how dare UCR do something stupid like trying to make the world a better place.

2 hours ago, Wobblies said:

Yeah how dare UCR do something stupid like trying to make the world a better place.

If it ever tries that let me know.  All I see UCR picking what it though was an easy target and attacking it.  Walford and his gang of None used to do the same thing attack small targets they thought had no ties under the guise of some BS noble cause.  It ended for them the same way it is for you.  

Edited by The Big Bad

8 hours ago, The Big Bad said:

If it ever tries that let me know.  All I see UCR picking what it though was an easy target and attacking it.  Walford and his gang of None used to do the same thing attack small targets they thought had no ties under the guise of some BS noble cause.  It ended for them the same way it is for you.  

Your version of Walford's and NONE's activities is, uh... fantastic.

(Not as great or terrific, the other meaning of the word.)

16 hours ago, Wobblies said:

https://wist.info/heinlein-robert-a/1817/

Feel free to attempt to make the world a better place.  I have nothing against that in general.  The problem is when the attempt is made by attacking friends of ours.  Yes, Yes...you have the right to do that.  Doom Wolves also has the right to respond, along with Doom Squad and DT if they want.

7 hours ago, jerdge said:

Your version of Walford's and NONE's activities is, uh... fantastic.

(Not as great or terrific, the other meaning of the word.)

We recruited several of them into TPF from NONE cells we smashed with the promise the could raid and that wars were always coming around.   They made no secret why they were in NONE and it was not to help nations they did not know and were now happily raiding.  

1 hour ago, The Big Bad said:

We recruited several of them into TPF from NONE cells we smashed with the promise the could raid and that wars were always coming around.   They made no secret why they were in NONE and it was not to help nations they did not know and were now happily raiding.  

Like all groups NONE comprised all sorts of people, that those with a taste for raiding were recruited for raiding doesn't tell much about the whole group. The sample you're mentioning wasn't selected in a neutral/random guise, therefore it wasn't as significant as you seem to think.

What were Walford's plans and ideas? As a topic that's much more relevant (or irrelevant, as it was, like what? fourteen years ago?...)

18 hours ago, The Big Bad said:

Yeah they should've picked someone they were definitely gonna lose against to achieve their goals.

a) They didn't 'pick an easy target' - for starters, they knew it was Bundy they were going up against. Anyone can tell you who has fought him; he knows his stuff

b) They were also aware that there would likely be counters from Doom allies, so this idea that they thought they were just going to have to fight DW is a fantasy.  Any alliance with "Doom" in their name can essentially be considered as allies

c) The Dark Templar's involvement is what came as a surprise as there was no indication of a formal tie there- this was clarified to me by Hershey earlier on that it came to fruition within the past month, prior to this conflict.

If UCR just wanted to pick an easy target they could've simply asked Bundy for pointers ;)

Also I'd like to point out the absurd hypocrisy of the people claiming how UCR were just looking for an easy target to pick on and it's their fault for it backfiring. Literally every single one of you has opted to pick an easy target throughout history to get away with a raid or an all-out war (or cheerleaded your alliance doing so). The only reason you don't have to worry about it so much now is because now you have a decade worth of gold stashed away and like back then; every single one of you is still allied in some fashion, thereby guaranteeing your safety.

33 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Yeah they should've picked someone they were definitely gonna lose against to achieve their goals.

a) They didn't 'pick an easy target' - for starters, they knew it was Bundy they were going up against. Anyone can tell you who has fought him; he knows his stuff

b) They were also aware that there would likely be counters from Doom allies, so this idea that they thought they were just going to have to fight DW is a fantasy.  Any alliance with "Doom" in their name can essentially be considered as allies

c) The Dark Templar's involvement is what came as a surprise as there was no indication of a formal tie there- this was clarified to me by Hershey earlier on that it came to fruition within the past month, prior to this conflict.

If UCR just wanted to pick an easy target they could've simply asked Bundy for pointers ;)

Also I'd like to point out the absurd hypocrisy of the people claiming how UCR were just looking for an easy target to pick on and it's their fault for it backfiring. Literally every single one of you has opted to pick an easy target throughout history to get away with a raid or an all-out war (or cheerleaded your alliance doing so). The only reason you don't have to worry about it so much now is because now you have a decade worth of gold stashed away and like back then; every single one of you is still allied in some fashion, thereby guaranteeing your safety.

Johnny, you are being to reasonable. This is Doom we are talking about. They can do whatever they want and not have to face the consequences.

Doom can raid and plunder any alliance they want without consequences because if their target fights back they will call in their allies and gang bang them and then try and take the moral high ground. 

I have seen people talk about how Doom Wolves is a 3 man alliance. That doesn't f*cking matter. If you raid someone, don't be surprised if they snap back. 

10 hours ago, Smitty256 said:

Doom can raid and plunder any alliance they want without consequences

If only. The main consequence has always been a bunch of bickering on the OWF. Gotta hand it to JA that he manages to fight and type on the OWF, that's much more than most can say who whine about Doom. UCR also put their money where their mouth was here, which shows that they have a lot more stones than people who can only cast them verbally.

I think most people aren't complaining UCR snapped back at all. Some people are under the impression that you shouldn't defend your allies because they raided. Depends on the situation for sure, but I could see why DS would defend DW after the AA was sanctioned. Sanctions are not a response to raiders but for rogues and Al may be handsome, but he ain't a rogue. Sanctions have always been an act of war when used in this way. As well, are the literal wars!

As for moral high ground, the do-nothings have taken it all already. World peace and all that jazz.

12 hours ago, Smitty256 said:

Johnny, you are being to reasonable. This is Doom we are talking about. They can do whatever they want and not have to face the consequences.

Doom can raid and plunder any alliance they want without consequences because if their target fights back they will call in their allies and gang bang them and then try and take the moral high ground. 

I have seen people talk about how Doom Wolves is a 3 man alliance. That doesn't f*cking matter. If you raid someone, don't be surprised if they snap back. 

If I am seen as too reasonable it is because nobody is being at all reasonable (and that is saying a lot considering how unreasonable I can be too) They can only do what they want and not face consequences when people fail to be reasonable enough to do something about it.

As I've said, this isn't a moralist stance for me. This is a question of picking a fight where there's actually some risk involved, instead of multiple people jumping on someone's head with the people passing by remarking "Well that's what you get for having principles and trying to act on them!"  

They only get to the moral high ground if no attempt is made to counter the narrative used to get there.

1 hour ago, Tevron said:

If only. The main consequence has always been a bunch of bickering on the OWF. Gotta hand it to JA that he manages to fight and type on the OWF, that's much more than most can say who whine about Doom. UCR also put their money where their mouth was here, which shows that they have a lot more stones than people who can only cast them verbally.

I think most people aren't complaining UCR snapped back at all. Some people are under the impression that you shouldn't defend your allies because they raided. Depends on the situation for sure, but I could see why DS would defend DW after the AA was sanctioned. Sanctions are not a response to raiders but for rogues and Al may be handsome, but he ain't a rogue. Sanctions have always been an act of war when used in this way. As well, are the literal wars!

As for moral high ground, the do-nothings have taken it all already. World peace and all that jazz.

If the main consequence is simply "bickering on the OWF" which doesn't translate into effective military action to stop it? Then Smitty is right. I appreciate the kudos for putting my money where my mouth is but we both know meaningful consequences will take more than me, my soapbox and my technology.

Doom can raid as they please without consequences that are damaging in the long-term because of what I outlined above in my response to Smitty.

Sanctions are a reasonable first-measure against a raider who appears to be a rogue when no clarification is made about their status. While they are indeed an act of war, they are an act of war that can be rapidly reversed after an appropriate diplomatic approach. In my honest opinion; the entirety of Doom should be considered as rogue entities, Al got off lightly and only got off in the first place because of his friends in higher places (who presumably used their clout to pressure their 'friends' into backing off and letting him do whatever he wants)

As for the moral high ground? If I can get in the way of do-nothings like yourself from holding it, then you bet I'll keep trying. 

11 hours ago, Canik said:

47TgmyOYVIi9Y0GjKMPQFmA4pRet%2B%2BeYxhVu

Valar morghulis, Mad King.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

3 hours ago, Tevron said:

I think most people aren't complaining UCR snapped back at all.

I think it needs to be said, because several people have alluded to UCR 'fighting back'. UCR was not raided or attacked by Bundy. Therefore, they were not defending themselves. They chose to opportunistically attack Bundy.