There is a time…

38 minutes ago, Jazzy95 said:

So just to quickly recap:

1. NG supports bringing back more substantial, punitive war reps
  2. NG considered forced disbandment
  3. NG gov supports using OOC info in IC attacks

LH used an OOC medium to login to his account once which means it is impossible to discuss IC. While NG are out of line, LH was the one that opened the door for the attack.

So this kind of blurring of lines is okay apparently.

Unless someone feels like editing that page to be a bit more accurate and we all agree to respect that we call each other by our given name of choice, regardless of IC leanings. Just a thought anyways.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Jazzy95 said:

3600 tech is in no way substantial considering this was a defensive war and the original 3 nations hit received far more damage done to them than that. 

Redneck is an idiot, don’t mind him. Since the beginning of this endeavor we’ve (especially me, you know the leader of NG) made it perfectly clear that we weren’t looking for any type of disbandment or prolonged war. Go ahead and ask Tevron, James, Sirwilliam, etc. Between releasing TPF, not pursuing other Boog members, letting individual nations surrender, etc I think overall we’ve been pretty lenient all things considered.

I’m not even sure where you’re going with #3. The meme Lyanna posted?

Look I know you don’t like us but you have to try harder than that. 

35 minutes ago, Jazzy95 said:

You forgot the most important part. No matter what they posted, Kashmir is stuck with my trash nation for 5 more days! Gotta love that war expiration clause.

If they'd wanted better terms, they should have lasted more than 3 rounds. I was expecting this to take months.

32 minutes ago, kerschbs said:

3600 tech is in no way substantial considering this was a defensive war and the original 3 nations hit received far more damage done to them than that. 

Redneck is an idiot, don’t mind him. Since the beginning of this endeavor we’ve (especially me, you know the leader of NG) made it perfectly clear that we weren’t looking for any type of disbandment or prolonged war. Go ahead and ask Tevron, James, Sirwilliam, etc. Between releasing TPF, not pursuing other Boog members, letting individual nations surrender, etc I think overall we’ve been pretty lenient all things considered.

I’m not even sure where you’re going with #3. The meme Lyanna posted?

Look I know you don’t like us but you have to try harder than that. 

See my above post for context.

[OOC] We all use psuedonyms for a reason, using someone's IRL name (even if it is only their christian name and fairly innocuous meme) implies a level of knowledge about the player which; a) is not pertinent to gameplay b) suggests a lack of respect for the OOC/IC line. It's worth nipping in the bud as it could very well become a slippery slope especially given recent events.

To be clear, I'm not using this as a means to attack you or saying the extent of recent circumstances is on par with the meme posted, I'm just pointing out there could be potential for this seemingly innocuous double-standard to be used as grounds to snowball into a mess I'm sure we'd all like to not have to deal with ever again. Call it me being over-cautious if you like, but I think it's something worth giving a little bit of thought at the very least.[/OOC]

48 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

See my above post for context.

[OOC] We all use psuedonyms for a reason, using someone's IRL name (even if it is only their christian name and fairly innocuous meme) implies a level of knowledge about the player which; a) is not pertinent to gameplay b) suggests a lack of respect for the OOC/IC line. It's worth nipping in the bud as it could very well become a slippery slope especially given recent events.

To be clear, I'm not using this as a means to attack you or saying the extent of recent circumstances is on par with the meme posted, I'm just pointing out there could be potential for this seemingly innocuous double-standard to be used as grounds to snowball into a mess I'm sure we'd all like to not have to deal with ever again. Call it me being over-cautious if you like, but I think it's something worth giving a little bit of thought at the very least.[/OOC]

Oh, I honestly thought that was also a pseudonym, (OOC I’ve seen people using that name on Discord since at least 2019, I had no idea that was a real name.) If that’s the case I’ll make sure it’s not used again in the future. 

Edited by kerschbs

1 hour ago, Jazzy95 said:

You demanded Lucius de-commision his SDI because you (the #3 ranked alliance on the planet) could not keep the leader of a 10 man micro in nuclear anarchy to prevent him launching counter-offensives.

NG demanded reps because of an aggressive attack on their people. You demanded a wonder be de-commissioned because of a bruised ego after launching a war on a trumped up charged of 'espionage' which originated from one of your own members offering to be the spy and never materialised into any actual spying.

23 minutes ago, kerschbs said:

Oh, I honestly thought that was also a pseudonym, (OOC I’ve seen people using that name on Discord since at least 2019, I had no idea that was a real name.) If that’s the case I’ll make sure it’s not used again in the future. 

That would indeed be most prudent.

6 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

This is not an OOC attack. Lord Hitchcock made his name on this forum, [Commenting this out in case mods want to snip Lyanna again for using OOC info] and then later changed it. Get f*ked.

Also

You made Luc kill a wonder, you hypocritical in-game donkey.

I have to agree with Jerdge's comment from another post, the new aggressive approach you're taking isn't working.

You used OOC information in an IC forum. You could have easily made the meme using "LH" instead of [OOC name] but you purposefully wanted to make it more personal.

As far as Luc, CLAWS punished the leader of an alliance after they participated in attempting to set up a spy ring. On the other hand, three members of NG leadership are lining their own pockets by saving about $90,000,000 on tech EACH.