There is a time…

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In abstract and general terms, reparations as a deterrent against future transgressions might still make some sense even now in 2021. Reparations for profit, on the other hand, are an embarrassment.

Congrats on Peace nonetheless!

Nah dude, this "war" was an embarrassment.

Barely doubled my casualties and it wasn't even pure cowardice, most of them just couldn't afford to re-buy, even in round 1. Idk if all the tough talk from Boog at the beginning was based on the assumption that the bloc would actually come together to achieve something, but the combined forces of Kashmir, Ordo, and COBRA folded like they were playing competitive origami.

I'm down for peace though...yay.

40 minutes ago, jerdge said:

In abstract and general terms, reparations as a deterrent against future transgressions might still make some sense even now in 2021. Reparations for profit, on the other hand, are an embarrassment.

I suspect we took more damage than the tech being agreed to here. But I also have not seen an actual surrender, just surrender terms 🤔

2 hours ago, Mogar said:

I suspect we took more damage than the tech being agreed to here. [...] 🤔

That's obvious. Reparations don't match damage taken since when? 2007? 2006?

Damage should be expected when going to war (or switching to War Mode). Non-deterrent "reparations" are more Bonus Tech than actual reparations. Consider them that way and you might get my point.

5 hours ago, Tevron said:

If this is the terms that both parties signed, then that's what they signed and should post, even if it looks and is silly - that's both parties responsibility. But this might have just been another treaty innovation like bringing back reps or taking the snake eyes tech deal idea and making it permanent.

Glad to see peace. Hopefully productive dialogue follows from the second term.

Don't forget CLAWS brought back wonder decommisions 

8 hours ago, Caustic said:

do we actually count this as completion of #1?

I do. We all know what happened here from start to finish. Non Grata got declared on for dubious at best reasons, won, and Kashmir surrendered. The fact that they were willing to pay reps highlights that better than any surrender post. Besides that I told SirWilliam to post the terms on the owf. Could I have clarified? Sure. Do I care? Not the slightest. 

7 hours ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

Well yeah, you are going to see us a lot given clause 3

Indeed they will. 

6 hours ago, jerdge said:

Alliance: Green Protection Agency

Yeah man I'll value your opinions about war/reps the second GPA does anything other than get rolled. You're normally just annoying, but this post is downright ignorant. "reps for profit" lol

9 hours ago, Cydonian Knight said:

I don't believe a word anyone in Kashmir says, they're an alliance full of traitors, cowards and backstabbers. It's plain blatant from the thread they don't mean any of that either.

Nonetheless, congrats on getting peace. We let you off the hook too easily for my liking.

See ya when you decide to strike at our backs.

o7 NG

Edit: English is hard

oh you think you know kashmir? name three traitors cowards and backstabbers

4 hours ago, jerdge said:

That's obvious. Reparations don't match damage taken since when? 2007? 2006?

Damage should be expected when going to war (or switching to War Mode). Non-deterrent "reparations" are more Bonus Tech than actual reparations. Consider them that way and you might get my point.

We didn't go to war, they attacked us and lost. Given the circumstances of this nonsense, a mild punitive 3600 tech should be considered getting off extremely easy.

10 hours ago, dane0 said:

Alliance: Green Protection Agency

Yeah man I'll value your opinions about war/reps the second GPA does anything other than get rolled. You're normally just annoying, but this post is downright ignorant. "reps for profit" lol

The GPA won't do anything anymore, it's dead and boring as it can get.

Judging one's (anyone's) opinion based on who (you think) they are, not on its merit, is downright stupid. And I mean it as a mere description, not as an insult.

Incidentally, I think I still remember a couple of things about war, reps etc.

8 hours ago, Caustic said:

We didn't go to war, they attacked us and lost. Given the circumstances of this nonsense, a mild punitive 3600 tech should be considered getting off extremely easy.

The intent of inflicting some punishment as a deterrent against future transgressions - because consequences etc - is totally kosher in my book.

My apologies for having misunderstood, then.

1 hour ago, jerdge said:

Judging one's (anyone's) opinion based on who (you think) they are, not on its merit, is downright stupid. And I mean it as a mere description, not as an insult.

Incidentally, I think I still remember a couple of things about war, reps etc.

The intent of inflicting some punishment as a deterrent against future transgressions - because consequences etc - is totally kosher in my book.

My apologies for having misunderstood, then.

Just remember, the GPA is the only alliance we can ALL chain onto with those oA clauses without breaking the treaty web.  

14 hours ago, Lucius Optimus said:

Don't forget CLAWS brought back wonder decommisions 

A nice little slip-in, let’s do the math:

First it wasn’t ‘decommissions’ it was just one wonder, I believe an SDI right?

SDI = 75 million

3600 tech = 270 million

This doesn’t even factor in having to rebuy to 4999 in return for the remaining TIE members to get peace and not having to be plugged for the duration of the conflict, saving TIE hundreds of millions of dollars.

This is why TIE is still here while cobra is no longer.

But you were on a time limit to decide!? Well according to your own people: 

10 hours ago, Caustic said:

Given the circumstances of this nonsense, a mild punitive 3600 tech should be considered getting off extremely easy.

Sounds to me Lucious like Claws gave you a deal of a lifetime and you got to keep your alliance which is pretty generous given the circumstances for spying and all that.

42 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

SDI = 75 million

3600 tech = 270 million

This doesn’t even factor in having to rebuy to 4999 in return for the remaining TIE members to get peace and not having to be plugged for the duration of the conflict, saving TIE hundreds of millions of dollars.

Sounds to me Lucious like Claws gave you a deal of a lifetime and you got to keep your alliance which is pretty generous given the circumstances for spying and all that.

X7YyIZC.png

1 hour ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

I don't recall the last time someone had a take this far removed from reality.  I can't even count all the ways this one single sentence is incorrect.

4 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

SDI = 75 million

3600 tech = 270 million

Bruh what are you even talking about

8 hours ago, jerdge said:

Merging into NG would solve that boredom problem. But, you'll need to be able to fight.

On 6/29/2021 at 10:51 PM, SirWilliam said:

3. Kashmir agrees to pay 1200 tech to each of Lyanna, Dane0, and Caustic.

On 6/29/2021 at 11:01 PM, 603Redneck said:

We let them off easy.....I wanted disbandment

11 hours ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

-snip-

So just to quickly recap:

1. NG supports bringing back more substantial, punitive war reps
  2. NG considered forced disbandment
  3. NG gov supports using OOC info in IC attacks
Edited by Otto Pilot
Quote scrub.