In observation of Pax Pacifica, Dragonisia returns to space.

Maelstrom Vortex

DNN, Dragonisia's Premier News Network

ND7Wi8W.png

Dragonisian news came on its usual broadcast channel with a special report...

"In celebration of Pacifican ascension into the top rungs of international influence, Dragonisia has elected to return to the moon. In a secret launch, DASA was given the go-ahead this morning setting off a global panic of a thermonuclear war between itself and some of the other powers.. something something about Maelstrom having finally achieved his dream of being at the top of the world and now going out with a bang were soon shot down with the announcement that it was actually simply a launch of the initial colony equipment. The base has been established and is operational as of the time of this announcement so as to ensure propagandist success as we would not want to talk about it if we failed miserably.. we'd rather stick to some glum corner of the room."

Maelstrom, who currently serves as planetary Governor of Bob rather than Emperor, given that Snowflash Vortex, his son recently inherited the Multi-Dimensional, Multi-Universal, Trans-Temporal Empire's throne.. announced that additional changes would be coming soon. "I have now my son to think about so spontaneous self-destruction is no longer an inherent risk to the planet. I will not be going rogue any time soon.. I think.. so the rest of you should calm yourselves down. We just like space.. a lot.. completely normal for beings capable of flight naturally to want to go up even higher. We've been to mars, but we're not sure Bob will even be around for the completion of a Mars mission so we're sticking with the moon in case we have to do an emergency evacuation of the planet. After all, global warming and nuclear winter are really baring down hard on this old world, and you never know when quantum reality might blink and the thing simply case to exist."

The blue scaled broadcaster continued. "Some of you may wonder how dragons even get into space.. the answer is a very large cargo bay and more boosters than even the gods would dare fit on a single spacecraft."

ZLKpGo4.png

"There you have it folks.. per the Emperor Emeritus, there is no longer a  threat of Dragon roguery, we're just returning to the moon; quantum mechanics poses the greater existential threat. That's all from DNN for now, have a nice day."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

3 hours ago, kingzog said:

Congratulations on what I can only assume is a Moon Base purchase.

Hadn't bought one in quite some time.. given the last remaining significant threat to me has sort of vanished from the face of the planet, I figured now'd be a good time to return to the moon. *nods*

18 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Hadn't bought one in quite some time.. given the last remaining significant threat to me has sort of vanished from the face of the planet, I figured now'd be a good time to return to the moon. *nods*

Just out of curiosity, why have you waited for Steeldor's leave? By now you should have tens of billions in the bank, the cost of the Moon Wonders shouldn't have left you bankrupt. Moreover, a war would/could last a few rounds at most: with the Moon Wonders' life being 450 or 600 days even a war with Steeldor wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

Finally, such wonders don't make any economic sense for your nation, anyway. The Base costed you roughly 1.5 billions and, across its 600 days, it won't provide enough extra income and infra bill reductions to justify it, so why did you care at all about its purchase being (maybe) followed by war? If anything, the Colony could have made sense for the extra soldiers it would have allowed you to purchase, thus the prospect of possible war should have suggested to try have it in advance.

Thanks in advance for your attention and in case you have the opportunity to clarify your thoughts about this issue.

PS A really huge infra jump down the road might allow Dragonisia to break even or maybe net some real money, though.

Edited by jerdge
Steeldor's name, PS

7 hours ago, jerdge said:

Just out of curiosity, why have you waited for Steelrat's leave? By now you should have tens of billions in the bank, the cost of the Moon Wonders shouldn't have left you bankrupt. Moreover, a war would/could last a few rounds at most: with the Moon Wonders' life being 450 or 600 days even a war with Steelrat wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

Finally, such wonders don't make any economic sense for your nation, anyway. The Base costed you roughly 1.5 billions and, across its 600 days, it won't provide enough extra income and infra bill reductions to justify it, so why did you care at all about its purchase being (maybe) followed by war? If anything, the Colony could have made sense for the extra soldiers it would have allowed you to purchase, thus the prospect of possible war should have suggested to try have it in advance.

Thanks in advance for your attention and in case you have the opportunity to clarify your thoughts about this issue.

Who's Steelrat?

5 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Who's Steelrat?

Got all happy talking talking !@#$ about @steeldor thinking he was gone and when they noticed he wasn't they started editing their posts, that's all.  So much for neutrality. lol

21 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Hey @Maelstrom Vortex, are you gonna get rid of that wonder now that Steeldor is back? haha

40 minutes ago, Kapleo said:

Got all happy talking talking !@#$ about @steeldor thinking he was gone and when they noticed he wasn't they started editing their posts, that's all.  So much for neutrality. lol

Hey @Maelstrom Vortex, are you gonna get rid of that wonder now that Steeldor is back? haha

Nope, but good that he's back! It's interesting because you never know quite who will return from the void these days. 

Eh well, Pax Pacifica was fun while it lasted! Any excuse for a party..

5 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Who's Steelrat?

I don't know why I had got his name wrong, but I believe i had it corrected way before your reply.

OOC: Maybe I knew some Steelrat somewhere (else?) on the Internet, I don't really know or remember (memory, age...)

4 hours ago, Kapleo said:

I don't even know who you are but you're reading too much into that, it was just an honest mistake. When analysing Maelstrom's economy I had to retrieve his stats and IIRC Steeldor was already back, there at the top of the ranks, I already knew it by the time I posted.

In the past I briefly dealt with Steeldor, who had been sent to the GPA as DBDC ambassador, he was nothing but pleasant and reasonable, I have nothing against him. Furthermore, this world (game) is dead, why should I be a dick about any kind of long past grievance I might have had?

OOC: if I wanted to attack him I would have done it openly, you don't seem to know anything about me.

Edited by jerdge
OOC tag

4 hours ago, jerdge said:

I don't know why I had got his name wrong, but I believe i had it corrected way before your reply.

OOC: Maybe I knew some Steelrat somewhere (else?) on the Internet, I don't really know or remember (memory, age...

Ah my mistake, I had your original post quoted but didn't hit reply until much later in the day.

(OOC: Being a chef is rather time consuming and distracting!)

On 1/19/2020 at 9:01 PM, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Yes, but do you have a rainbow space station with modular lattice super structure? :P

No. I don't have a Pride station in orbit 

20200121155852_1.jpg

But we can land a probe on Duna and transmit data back. 

Further. In order to counter your space program; I'll be developing a ballistic missile. 🚀

Edited by Lucius Optimus

59 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

No. I don't have a Pride station in orbit 

20200121155852_1.jpg

But we can land a probe on Duna and transmit data back. 

Further. In order to counter your space program; I'll be developing a ballistic missile. 🚀

Already done that.. with a cruise-missile re-entry stage.

Maybe I should be working on an interceptor instead though, kind of like that time I protected Bob from a planet killing asteroid! 

As for duna...

You should try flying on it powered by a tight beam Infared Laser.

3 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

You have way too much time. 

Unless  you are just borrowing this tech from other people. 

Nope, none of this is borrowed. I even make my spacecraft available on the open market. Feel free to look through DASA's showroom and see if you'd like to order any...

https://kerbalx.com/Maelstrom_Vortex