CNRP2 OOC Thread

Uberstein

:P France has boots in parts of Hawaii's territory. Though, you're correct, no one is currently fighting you on the main islands.

I made a post acknowledging France taking the southern 3 squares on the far right of the map over.

The same post asked Japan to take the northern square over.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly the whole argument with Maelstrom is just as entertaining to read as it is to think about. Yes I agree that we should keep the dragon stuff seperate from when wars with other nations actually do happen which is why I have been keeping the Delta Squad thing open to those who do want to be a part of it yet it wont really effect those who don't. That is what I think Maelstrom should try to do as well and we should just see where it goes from there.

Honestly the whole argument with Maelstrom is just as entertaining to read as it is to think about. Yes I agree that we should keep the dragon stuff seperate from when wars with other nations actually do happen which is why I have been keeping the Delta Squad thing open to those who do want to be a part of it yet it wont really effect those who don't. That is what I think Maelstrom should try to do as well and we should just see where it goes from there.

Mostly what I think, this right here. 

Can people who are not the GMs being helpful stop posting OOCly in IC threads? There is a reason we have an OOC forum.

Do not see the big deal. Posting an ooc challenge in a seperate area will do nothing to halt or discourage continued roleplay. Posting an ooc complaint in the actual thread is far more effective and lets people see it whenever they visit the thread. Edited by Tywin Lannister

Do not see the big deal. Posting an ooc challenge in a seperate area will do nothing to halt or discourage continued roleplay. Posting an ooc complaint in the actual thread is far more effective and lets people see it whenever they visit the thread.

In other words, you're saying that it is easier to start arguments and derail the RP by posting your OOC content in the IC thread. That is precisely why we should *not* be encouraging it, with the royal "we" in reference to everyone who wants the RP to be more stable and fun for everyone. There is no reason why, just like with the map thread, OOC discussions about the RP cannot be handled in this thread. For example, rather than talking OOCly in that thread, I moved the discussion here and got a response from one of the persons who have been violating the IC/OOC boundary by posting OOCly in the IC forum.

[19:52] <+Zoot> rota, your under blockade son
[19:53] <+Lysergide> for what reason?
[19:53] <+Zoot> ask TBM, im following his lead on this. something to do with terrorism
[19:53] <+tidybowlman> does he need a reason to be stoned?
[19:53] <+Lysergide> What terrorist acts?
[19:53] <+tidybowlman> the rapture
[19:53] <+tidybowlman> must have been terrorists.
[19:54] <~Rudolph> Okay, Rota's time out is done
[19:54] <+Lysergide> So OOC reasons

Requesting a retcon. The Rapture was tywin and TBM is aware of that. He is doing it for OOC actions.
Edited by Rotavele

Zoot: there is no line Lyser, i got my vent at rota out of the way two weeks ago.
[01:59am] tidybowlman: actually, my logic is well founded. The Rapture is an event that the Kingdom views as an act of terrorism. The Hungarian's boycott of Tikal led to the Kingdom boycotting them. As the Ukranians are allies of the Hungarians and just got their ship blasted out of the water for attempting to interfere with an investigation in to the world's most serious terror event to date, the blockade seems
[01:59am] tidybowlman: prudent to prevent further interference.
[01:59am] Zoot: If the GM’s feel im crossing a line, im sure they will retcon it in due course
[02:00am] tidybowlman: Now as far as Hungary goes, that will probably be eased as they seem a bit hapless and in the wrong place
[02:00am] tidybowlman: and the ship wasn't even theirs.

So yeah. I don't feel im crossing any line, I am operating and supporting my new ally. GM's can make a judgment as and when they deem fit.

Zoot: there is no line Lyser, i got my vent at rota out of the way two weeks ago.
[01:59am] tidybowlman: actually, my logic is well founded. The Rapture is an event that the Kingdom views as an act of terrorism. The Hungarian's boycott of Tikal led to the Kingdom boycotting them. As the Ukranians are allies of the Hungarians and just got their ship blasted out of the water for attempting to interfere with an investigation in to the world's most serious terror event to date, the blockade seems
[01:59am] tidybowlman: prudent to prevent further interference.
[01:59am] Zoot: If the GM’s feel im crossing a line, im sure they will retcon it in due course
[02:00am] tidybowlman: Now as far as Hungary goes, that will probably be eased as they seem a bit hapless and in the wrong place
[02:00am] tidybowlman: and the ship wasn't even theirs.

So yeah. I don't feel im crossing any line, I am operating and supporting my new ally. GM's can make a judgment as and when they deem fit.

Do you know where the Rapture happened?

Do you realize that TBM is a troll?

If we're only going to have 1 GM, i'd rather it be someone that does something other than sit on IRC and tell everyone to take their problems to the forums. I've only seen Rudy respond to one or two things and take action once and that's because he was pressured into it and told to take action multiple times.

Lynneth is going to be a horridly biased GM and was one of the main CNRP1ers who were the problem. There's no hope if he becomes a GM as well, alongside Rudy.

FHIC is a fighter and a tough gal, but I really hope she will not have personal bias against other players.

FHIC is really the only hope for this community and it's sanity.

I am rping, going to be blowing holes in Ukrainian ships soon as I get up there. gotta go through the suez first. 

And the Bosporus (sp?)

​I propose effective immediately anyone who posts logs are to be removed from the game.

Yeah no. I don't understand why people are so raged out with logs. They're a form of proof. 

From my view: If people didn't doubt what I said when I make claims, i wouldn't post them. They explain my meaning when someone says "No thats wrong, i know better". I also believe in meaning what you say and standing by what you say. Too many people here will say something then turn around and lie about it or exaggerate it to look like the truth. I stand by what I say and always have, that's one thing no one can ever say I do is I don't try to be fake. If you dont want something posted for the world to see, don't say it to anyone.

Soldier/Aircraft Exchanging:

For every 10,000 soldiers you subtract from your soldier count, you gain an additional squadron of twelve planes onto the total of 630 aircraft.

This allows great customization of military forces which is dependent on your terrain and size. A small island nation doesnt need a massive army, but it needs a larger airforce. It doesnt benefit any one group over another, it simply allows nations to sacrifice strength where its not needed, to reallocate it to somewhere it is. The soldier hard cap for a start massivly prevents abuse and actually acts as a secondary cap on extra aircraft. For example a nation with 750k soldiers decided to only have a 50,000 man army, that leaves them with 168 extra aircraft, which when added to 630, is 798 total aircraft.

I think you've either made a typo or a terrible idea for the first option. If I have no soldiers I can have 900 more planes. 750k/10k = 75*12 = 900.

Can I get an update of Alexandria's admission into the EC? It's kind of getting thrown on the backburner with the Ukrainian and security member discussions. I believe that the majority of the EC was in favor of the Mediterranean amendment and Alexandria's admission.

Contesting the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/122444-crimea-river/?p=3272420

Private

NetOps began by infiltrating Ukraines civilian internet infrastructure and working its way into the computer networks of the gas and oil refineries that Ukrained possessed. Following the successful infiltration by NetOp forces, a logic bomb was planted into the programming of the a central computer to Ukraines largest gas refinery.

The logic bomb was disguised as a routine pressure check in the pipes and everything would run as normal. The logic bomb would remain dormant and undetectable until it was too late, operating as it should do as part of the greater program. But after half a million cycles, the logic bomb would begin a pressure test that would push limits to dangerously high levels.

Soviet engineers was reknown for its strength, so if the pipeline didnt simply crack and leak gas as expected, it could explode into a massive fireball, causing untold damage.

Half a million cycles would take around five days to run itself out before the pipeline would burst or blow. NetOps would remove all traces of the access they gained into the system and monitered the logic bomb ticking downwards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zoot has a habit of letting his imagination go wild with his spyrolls (I am guessing he is basing this attack on "destroy enemy infrastructure, which only destroys 5-15 infrastructure in game lol), but this is prohibited by the rules as he is roleplaying within in another players nation.

Rotavele should consider it nothing more than propaganda and officially state the damage in her own country (i.e. a car bomb went off).

Edited by Tywin Lannister